• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Management needs to be fired at that station. Or the Bears need to take away broadcasts. They’re awful.
It's ESPN - they will only make more $$$. No one gets fired.
It is a little unsettling they advertise they were the home of the White Sox a year or 2 ago and the Sox are epically bad. As of 2023 they are the home of the Bears.... ditto.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure today's average NBA player even wants to be on the court other than to collect a paycheck

Agreed, just a different game altogether, the ball going through the hoop for points is the only thing that hasn't changed, just about everything else has

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dunno why I'm debating the NBA anyways, all I know is what I see on highlights, and when I'm at a chili's or some shit and its on the 5 TV's I can see. All I really know is that it was a better product to watch in the 80-90's, up through most of the Kobe era, and then something changed, drastically. Outside of the Joker, I honestly can't see anyone in today's NBA competing with the guys of the previous generation. Just my opinion.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, agree to disagree. I don't consider flopping and bitching to be skills. I just see a lot of apathy, and if there's skill underneath it, I don't see it, not from many
How many games have you watched this year?

There is almost no flipping now. It’s a tech.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games have you watched this year?

There is almost no flipping now. It’s a tech.
I refer to my most recent comment :)

I honestly dunno why I'm debating the NBA anyways, all I know is what I see on highlights, and when I'm at a chili's or some shit and its on the 5 TV's I can see. All I really know is that it was a better product to watch in the 80-90's, up through most of the Kobe era, and then something changed, drastically. Outside of the Joker, I honestly can't see anyone in today's NBA competing with the guys of the previous generation. Just my opinion.

there's no amount of money someone could pay me to sit through an entire NBA game today, I'd prefer watching the entire preseason, season, and playoffs of the NHL to even one, full, NBA game

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sat next to my FiL at an NBA game last night.

Was an eye opening experience, for him.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was a Lurch, a Herman Munster.. whatever. But people only know his name, he's only in the HOF, becuase he was a Celtic during the Celtic v Laker era.

But far too low hanging of fruit to say Bird, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Jordan, Barkley, Ewing, Hakeem, Wilkins, Isiah, Malone, Stockton, Malone (Karl or Moses), Dr J, etc.. would be the best player today, anyone with at least one eye and two brain cells knows THOSE guys would be the best today, so I went with McHale, not in the same league as those dudes, but still a name most everyone would recognize.

And when you put all those names up there, all in the same era, more or less, with McHale? He's just another guy compared to them.

Btw..I hate the NBA even more than hockey...THATS how great those guys were.. they transcended the sport
W H A T !!!!!!!!!!! 1703305504936.png

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to convince anyone in Chicago LeBron is better than Jordan.
Heard a surprising unofficial stat. LeBron has played in Chicago 22 times and lost 20 of them.
I'm counting it. Fuck lebron. Worst era of NBA basketball was his era.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this kid is going to be good, makes sense that the league rigged it so he'd land in a major market vs some crappy small market team. Good for the league

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and oh those Dolls should be regretting that as they now head to bone chilling sub zero temps in KC next weekend

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a bit of a side... but I never understood why professional football players are still sorted by their colleges...

like the list above... who cares where they went to school...

and when players do their introductions, how they all say what school they are from... I know I don't care... sure, I am not a college football fan... but I just don't get why there is this lore to it, even after they graduate...

I mean, most of us went to college... how many times a week do you tell people you went to so and so college?? and how many times do you have to repeat it??