• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don’t think the best Humour would be a play on milk.

Maybe you guys can figure it out. But my screen name is already a negative milk play.

I think the fun will be making fun of me for being a jets fan. Or making me worship @TREFF
Or making a joke on how I like to make new rules in fantasy.

That’s why Butt Fumble was the first thing that came to mind.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont have cable so i miss a ton of NFL games.
Does anyone have an HD antenna? If so, which one, and how do you like it?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are some streaming services that carry games. I tried an HD antenna years ago, and It didn't really do much for me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just get a Roku or fire stick. Or whatever. If you have any kids that have any streaming apps just use theirs

Peacock, and paramount play the games on their channels. Amazon prime has games too.

The only question is really the fox games. Not sure how that works.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some streaming services that carry games. I tried an HD antenna years ago, and It didn't really do much for me.

Just get a Roku or fire stick. Or whatever. If you have any kids that have any streaming apps just use theirs

Peacock, and paramount play the games on their channels. Amazon prime has games too.

The only question is really the fox games. Not sure how that works.
We have Roku. But when i tried to watch games on FOX and NBC, it only gives me a 10-minute "preview" of the live game. Then it says i need to "subscribe" to continue watching on Fox or NBC or whatever blood-sucking leech is trying to nickle & dime NFL games that are on FREE tv.
:gaah: My wife has an Amazon subscription so i can watch those games. Dont remember if CBS gave me issues? And forget about subscribing to NFL Network.

Just really irritates me that the NFL rakes in billions and my only FREE option is to listen on the Audacy radio app.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Roku. But when i tried to watch games on FOX and NBC, it only gives me a 10-minute "preview" of the live game. Then it says i need to "subscribe" to Fox or NBC, or whatever blood-sucking leech is trying to nickle & dime NFL games that are on FREE tv.
:gaah: My wife has an Amazon subscription so i can watch those games. Dont remember if CBS gave me issues? And forget about subscribing to NFL Network.

Just really irritates me that the NFL rakes in billions and my only FREE option is to listen on the Audacy radio app.

You can always get sling for like 25 dollars a month.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always get sling for like 25 dollars a month.
Well, i appreciate the suggestion but this is part of the crux of my angst... most NFL games are televised FREE!!! F R E E

I refuse to pay for all these apps and streaming services for something that is available for FREE. Especially when the rest of the content in these streaming services imo is trash anyway and something i would not waste my time on.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i appreciate the suggestion but this is part of the crux of my angst... most NFL games are televised FREE!!! F R E E

I refuse to pay for all these apps and streaming services for something that is available for FREE. Especially when the rest of the content in these streaming services imo is trash anyway and something i would not waste my time on.

I was wrong sling is now 40 dollars a month. But I was suggesting that because it is one of the cheapest tv service out there. And I assume since you don’t have football channels you have no tv service.

But really it all depends on what you want. The HD antenna is not a bad route. It is a one time fee. But you have no clue whether you get the channels good or not. It all depends on location.

Peacock is free. It has pay options but there is a free option too. I don’t know what football games you get on peacock or if it is part of the pay option. But that is a good place to start.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HD antenna is not a bad route. It is a one time fee. But you have no clue whether you get the channels good or not. It all depends on location.
Thats what we're researching. We are 65 miles from Chicago. 69 miles from Milwaukee. We would need an antenna with good range.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what we're researching. We are 65 miles from Chicago. 69 miles from Milwaukee. We would need an antenna with good range.

I have had zero luck with antenna and I bought a decent one for around $60 after the $25 only got 1 channel at my place in TN and I'm only 20 miles away from Nashville. When I lived outside StL the cheaper one worked great, but I was closer to the city

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We share our streaming services with a few friends and one shares their YouTube TV account with us and I watch all non-Amazon games thru that. Can cast to TV which is nice cause I'm still using my 32" Sony that's getting close to 20yrs old. Might be time to get a smart TV :rolleyes2:

Honestly don't know of a better system than finding someone to share passwords with unless you want to roll the dice on illegal streams from reddit

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We share our streaming services with a few friends and one shares their YouTube TV account with us and I watch all non-Amazon games thru that. Can cast to TV which is nice cause I'm still using my 32" Sony that's getting close to 20yrs old. Might be time to get a smart TV :rolleyes2:

Honestly don't know of a better system than finding someone to share passwords with unless you want to roll the dice on illegal streams from reddit
I actually did a friend a favor for MLB Network a few years ago and yeah, that worked out just fine for him. In this case, the caveat is finding the right person to share passwords with.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually did a friend a favor for MLB Network a few years ago and yeah, that worked out just fine for him. In this case, the caveat is finding the right person to share passwords with.

With YouTube tv you don’t need to share a password which is very nice. As long as you know someone though. You can be part of their family account where you have access through your gmail account.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With YouTube tv you don’t need to share a password which is very nice. As long as you know someone though. You can be part of their family account where you have access through your gmail account.
Huh. Good to know...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I use DAZN. It’s $25/mo. Well worth it. Can’t flip through games like that when only two are on TV (worse when the Bills aren’t an option). And you can rewatch all the games.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one that they say is good for 40 miles. Bought it cheap at Target.

I get everything except for ABC. We were watching some of the world cup games on telemundo for fun.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the dreaded sports on tv dilemma

i use to have direct tv which was great but got up to over 130 a month

ive tried the streaming services which are around 60-80 per but they dont carry all sports just some and unless u have a good IP dont work well
tried antenna didnt work for me not close enough
peacock for $5 per gives u sunday night games
NFL+ app gives u all local games on your phone for 5 per now some phones can hook up to your tv but alas mine doesnt
only 2 apps i pay for plus i have amazon prime for 140 and havent been to a store for years just order on line

sorry joe but nfl is only free with an antenna but u pretty much need to be in the city limits for it to work

As for sharing passwords the companies are catching on and finding ways to stop it

not sure how u get utube tv without a password but of the streaming services i liked it the best but refuse to pay for it (most of the streaming services offer a free week):suds:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure how u get utube tv without a password but of the streaming services i liked it the best but refuse to pay for it
Interesting.
I could ask our son... he pays for Youtube.
I did not know the NFL was available on Youtube?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.
I could ask our son... he pays for Youtube.
I did not know the NFL was available on Youtube?

no... there is a difference between youtube and youtube tv... if he pays for youtube, that is not youtube tv... make sure he pays for youtube tv...

if he does, then ask your son to add you in the family account... and then you will get an alert... and then you will basically have your own youtube tv...