• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a 98 on my Financial Accounting test...shocked I tell you. 3 more months and all this nonsense will be over!

Congrats!

I'd like to think all of my finance courses in college help me in my job, but really I just google what formulas I need to use and tweak them to work with my data sets these days.

Have a projected job/career path you're looking to get into after school?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats!

I'd like to think all of my finance courses in college help me in my job, but really I just google what formulas I need to use and tweak them to work with my data sets these days.

Have a projected job/career path you're looking to get into after school?
Lol I’m 35. I’m fairly set yet flexible but this is my second Masters program.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I’m 35. I’m fairly set yet flexible but this is my second Masters program.

damn that's a lot of schoolin!

I never had the school personality, always got good grades, but hated going to class, so I knew masters programs weren't for me. could't rationalize the money and time commitment, would rather be outside or with my family/friends when I'm not at work. kudos for the drive to keep learning.

(side note: I'm also 35 and happily employed, willing to change employers I but like sales/analytics too much to change fields at the present moment. Perfect combo of relationship building and deep diving into data for this guy.)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn that's a lot of schoolin!

I never had the school personality, always got good grades, but hated going to class, so I knew masters programs weren't for me. could't rationalize the money and time commitment, would rather be outside or with my family/friends when I'm not at work. kudos for the drive to keep learning.

(side note: I'm also 35 and happily employed, willing to change employers I but like sales/analytics too much to change fields at the present moment. Perfect combo of relationship building and deep diving into data for this guy.)
I work at a university so I get the classes mostly free. First Masters was because I got tired of not being promoted. This one is to diversify my education and to move further up or out

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF @Trudem (or anyone else that wants to chime in here)

thoughts on The Mandalorian?

i liked it for what it was, felt like they could have given season 1 more of a climatic finish vs building up anticipation for the next season. overdid it with the cutesy shit with baby yoda, but its Disney, so they had to have something in there that could be easily marketed/monetized.

I think my favorite episode was the prisoner transport heist, enjoyed that one a lot, it had a very Firefly feel to it. The whole series did for the most part, and I loved Firefly.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i liked it for what it was, felt like they could have given season 1 more of a climatic finish vs building up anticipation for the next season. overdid it with the cutesy shit with baby yoda, but its Disney, so they had to have something in there that could be easily marketed/monetized.

I think my favorite episode was the prisoner transport heist, enjoyed that one a lot, it had a very Firefly feel to it. The whole series did for the most part, and I loved Firefly.

I loved it, and outside of some sort of Bobba Fett/Palpatine/ObiWan sort of connection, I'm not sure how it could've been more climactic of an ending then the dark saber in the hands of Moff Gideon, plus there's still the question of just who it was that showed up to claim the bounty, or possibly save, Fennic Shand..maybe that was Bobba Fett??

As for the monetizing, I give props to Favreau on that, Disney likely could've made millions, possibly tons more, had they let the toy companies in on "the child" before the big reveal. But he insisted on secrecy, so they missed the Christmas window on that one. So, yes, theres certainly a merchandising drive to "the child" being featured, but at least they didn't let greed completely drive it, they at least gave the appearance of some virtuosity.

I thought Favreau did an outstanding job throughout, definitely looking forward to season 2 (and the ObiWan series if it ever actually gets here!)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disclaimer: Yes, I like Star Wars. Doesn't mean that I love Star Wars. (I did love Rogue One tho.)
Anyway, my son asked me to make time for it and watch it. So I did.
It's ok. Better than a lot of the garbage that is available. (Don't forget I'm a prude.)
The trouble I have is the main character wears a mask.
Sorry, but that is tough for me to get past. Acting without seeing an expression.
The biker chick is a good character add.
Otherwise, it's just ok.
I have spoken.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really enjoyed it. A lot of tie ins to Mandalorian more but enough new stuff with the old stuff to really stand out. Loved IG in both of its roles. The dark saber made my jaw drop.. I laughed out loud listening to the scout troopers dialogue in the last episode

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I must not be deep enough into the storylines to know the importance of the darksaber

I realized what he had was some new version of a lightsaber, but didn't realize it was that significant

So I'm guessing that is the last weapon of its kind or something?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I must not be deep enough into the storylines to know the importance of the darksaber

I realized what he had was some new version of a lightsaber, but didn't realize it was that significant

So I'm guessing that is the last weapon of its kind or something?
Darksaber

It tells you he was present during the fall of some folks. Serious spoilers in there so avoid if you are watching other content!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the MLS didnt head to St Lou @SmokingMonkey

so O'l Smoke headed to the MLS instead Nashville SC

StL actually won the bid for one of the upcoming expansion teams, figuring out the stadium details now. The two families supporting the team: Taylors (they own Enterprise car rental) and Kavanaughs (he runs World Wide Technologies and is a former StL soccer legend, also head of one of the top club soccer programs in StL.

Crazy it took this long, as StL has been at the forefront of soccer talent in US for over 70yrs. Saint Louis University still has the most NCAA titles, championship teams were mostly made up from local talent. Indiana is the powerhouse now.

Nashville SC just drafted a defender #2 overall that went to my high school, Jack Maher, out of Indiana. His little bro plays at Indiana right now, not quite as good but still badass.

Thanks for giving me the excuse to talk soccer!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With no sports to watch, you guys should seriously consider watching the show "Community."

I'm 4 episodes in and it is original and funny. Like lol literally.

And since you know i'm a prude, it is pretty clean, family safe even. (So far.)

If the pilot episode doesnt convince you, turn it off.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With no sports to watch, you guys should seriously consider watching the show "Community."

I'm 4 episodes in and it is original and funny. Like lol literally.

And since you know i'm a prude, it is pretty clean, family safe even. (So far.)

If the pilot episode doesnt convince you, turn it off.

Childish Gambino is the real deal! Prob one of the most talented ppl in show biz right now

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1975 College All-Star Classic 75 Steelers vs College All-Star Team(With Walter Payton) (Full Game)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit. My home county in Colorado just issued "stay at home" orders. As an electrician, I am considered an essential service, so I won't be totally home bound.

Stay safe you all, and come around here and BS as much as possible, think we could all benefit from this outlet for some interaction.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit. My home county in Colorado just issued "stay at home" orders. As an electrician, I am considered an essential service, so I won't be totally home bound.

Stay safe you all, and come around here and BS as much as possible, think we could all benefit from this outlet for some interaction.

feeling ya on that - today was our official first 'stay at home' day, but we've been practicing social distancing for a couple weeks now, and straight self-quarantined the last week or so. I haven't left the house since last THR.

Getting stir crazy that's for sure. I even did a mock draft the other night!!

My only outlet has been finding live stream concerts - typically through facebook every night.
Even did a few virtual happy hours with friends in KC, Chicago, St Louis, and Portland - been a weird month

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feeling ya on that - today was our official first 'stay at home' day, but we've been practicing social distancing for a couple weeks now, and straight self-quarantined the last week or so. I haven't left the house since last THR.

Getting stir crazy that's for sure. I even did a mock draft the other night!!

My only outlet has been finding live stream concerts - typically through facebook every night.
Even did a few virtual happy hours with friends in KC, Chicago, St Louis, and Portland - been a weird month
Heck that nothing. my company laid off numerous employees across their branches including me and I've worked their for over 20 years. Those who are left are taking turns working every other day. Think they'll be shutdown any time. The cure isn't no joke for this virus.
On the bright side, got all the time I want for SportsHoopla and FF.