• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF @Yellow Fuzzies
Was just wondering how you guys were doing? Heard the blizzard blast earlier this week was pretty bad.
In Denver it was bad. Big wind and lots of snow. I work in a 19 story building and for the first time ever they closed it- access only by access cards. We stayed at work through it all but only because we are tax accountants.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible news, the hoop just got blocked from my work firewall for being a "Discussion forum"

So only cell phone access for me

This sucks

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SmokingMonkey
Don't you have a relative on Texas Tech?

my cousin graduated last year, he plays for Charlotte Hornets G League team, Greensboro Swarm.

But last year I got to meet some of the guys that are making the run this year: Davide Moretti, Jarrett Culver (sat by his parents and younger brother in last year's Sweet 16 game), and big guy Norense Odiase. As well as Keenan Evans who also graduated last year, not sure which G League team he plays for though.

Can't claim to be as big of a fan as I was when my cousin played for them, but its cool seeing it all come together after they were building that program back up the last few years.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you saw this, it was mentioned in a Rotoworld blurb about both McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers.

What Happened in Green Bay

Wow. :eek:

Very long. But...

oh-boy-is-this-great_1.jpg

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you saw this, it was mentioned in a Rotoworld blurb about both McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers.

What Happened in Green Bay

Wow. :eek:

Very long. But...

oh-boy-is-this-great_1.jpg

This looks bad, I get it, but seems more like author is making a mountain out of an ant hill.
Would've been 1000x better story if it broke BEFORE McCarthy was fired.
Find me a coach that's been fired recently that had a superstar QB and they got along great, but he still got canned.

It's just the nature of the business, almost always its the relationships that break down that forces coach to get fired or QB to be traded

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks bad, I get it, but seems more like author is making a mountain out of an ant hill.
Would've been 1000x better story if it broke BEFORE McCarthy was fired.
Find me a coach that's been fired recently that had a superstar QB and they got along great, but he still got canned.

It's just the nature of the business, almost always its the relationships that break down that forces coach to get fired or QB to be traded
Well, I read the while thing. Blame to go around on both sides.
If anyone else decides to read any of it, go to the second half of the article.
It talks of Rodgers audibling out if run plays (Pack had one of the lowest run attempts) and refusing to throw to the rookies.
Also points to the fact that since the Packers would not dip into free agency, leadership of the veterans was lost when they left.
It paints Rodgers as just as much of the problem. And he's still there.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the Rodgers/McCarthy article.

I always knew they were a bunch of bitches!! :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting little factoid in Peter King's column Monday - "Redskins owner Daniel Snyder has an IMAX theater in his yacht"

Obviously this is not used to study film given his personnel decisions

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the Rodgers/McCarthy article.

I always knew they were a bunch of bitches!! :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
Rodgers, MM and tons of former and current players refute it almost in its entirety.

I’m not saying AR is perfect. He definitely has his issues but Jennings has been whining for years. We get it you guys don’t get along but get some new material

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy that has always envisioned himself having a chip on his shoulder and playing well that way I would expect him to come out playing like his hair is on fire.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers, MM and tons of former and current players refute it almost in its entirety.

Lol, I would have been disappointed if you didn't get yer dander up on this one.

1: Throw out Rodgers and MM's opinions right off the bat.
2: Name me some of the "tons" of former and current players.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I would have been disappointed if you didn't get yer dander up on this one.

1: Throw out Rodgers and MM's opinions right off the bat.
2: Name me some of the "tons" of former and current players.
Off the top of my head:
James Jones
Jordy Nelson
Charles Woodson
Julius Peppers
HHCD
Casey Hayward
John Kuhn
Chris Banjo

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head:
James Jones
Jordy Nelson
Charles Woodson
Julius Peppers
HHCD
Casey Hayward
John Kuhn
Chris Banjo

So, what about MM? There does seem to be a lot of people that had probs with his coaching style in his latter years. Although, if I'm a head coach, I'm all for bringin' in a personal masseuse. Perks, baby! :D:D:D

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, here in northern Illinois I know a lot of Packers fans. Too many. All of them have said it was time for McCarthy to go. Same about Thomson.

Like any story, I think there may be some truth on both sides. Depending upon who is telling it, can it be exaggerated? Sure.

To me, logic dictates that if you cant get the job done when a team like the Packers who have a future HOF QB, a decent play-caller in McCarthy, and loads of talent on both sides of the ball, something has to be wrong. I've seen less talented teams go farther.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, here in northern Illinois I know a lot of Packers fans. Too many. All of them have said it was time for McCarthy to go. Same about Thomson.

Like any story, I think there may be some truth on both sides. Depending upon who is telling it, can it be exaggerated? Sure.

To me, logic dictates that if you cant get the job done when a team like the Packers who have a future HOF QB, a decent play-caller in McCarthy, and loads of talent on both sides of the ball, something has to be wrong. I've seen less talented teams go farther.
It was time for a split. I think MM was too conservative in big moments. TT was too averse to FA and some bad drafts caught up to him but he has some serious health issues going on. Yes Rodgers has issues. Most of them are personal and no business of mine but he lives in the spotlight so assholes feel the need to tag him about it but meh. I will remember MM fondly but also happy we have a new coach. Packers had the second best record in the NFL during MM’s tenure I believe so there was plenty of success but some playoff woes in big games.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was time for a split. I think MM was too conservative in big moments. TT was too averse to FA and some bad drafts caught up to him but he has some serious health issues going on. Yes Rodgers has issues. Most of them are personal and no business of mine but he lives in the spotlight so assholes feel the need to tag him about it but meh. I will remember MM fondly but also happy we have a new coach. Packers had the second best record in the NFL during MM’s tenure I believe so there was plenty of success but some playoff woes in big games.
I understand.
That's what led to the Bears firing Ditka. He got the Bears to what, 9 playoffs in 12 seasons? Everyone said it was time for him to go too. And starting with Dave Wannstedt the franchise went into a tail spin for 30 years.

Be careful what you wish for.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand.
That's what led to the Bears firing Ditka. He got the Bears to what, 9 playoffs in 12 seasons? Everyone said it was time for him to go too. And starting with Dave Wannstedt the franchise went into a tail spin for 30 years.

Be careful what you wish for.
Good and bad but yes risky.