• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Compiled Too Early 2015 Top 25

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Ohio State (B1G)
2.TCU (XII)
3.Alabama (SEC)
4.Baylor (XII)
5.Oregon (PAC)
6.Florida State (ACC)
7.Michigan State (B1G)
8.USC (PAC)
9.Auburn (SEC)
10.Ole Miss (SEC)
11.Clemson (ACC)
12.Georgia (SEC)
13.LSU (SEC)
14.Arizona State (PAC)
15.Notre Dame (Nobody)
16.Arizona (PAC)
17.UCLA (PAC)
18.Boise State (MWC)
19.Georgia Tech (ACC)
20.Missouri (SEC)
21.Wisconsin (B1G)
22.Mississippi State (SEC)
23.Arkansas (SEC)
24.Stanford (PAC)
25.Oklahoma (XII)

B1G 3
XII 3
PAC 6
ACC 3
SEC 8
Nobody 1
MWC 1
Early 2015 college football rankings: Combining 8 top 25s into one - SBNation.com

I liked this compilation better, though still think SC is too high S/B around 15-20.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many sec teams. shouldn't be more than 5 or so. def no ole miss. Arkansas on the bubble but not in. auburn and lsu should be more near 20

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To rank Arkansas ahead of Oklahoma has to be one of the biggest jokes I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's no legit reason to rank Clemson ahead of Georgia Tech. Just saying. And Florida State is overrated in this pole. They won't be top 10 next year with a new QB. No way in hell. I'd argue that as of now, Georgia Tech is the favorite to win the ACC. I'm not even being biased either. That's how pathetic the conference is.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's no legit reason to rank Clemson ahead of Georgia Tech. Just saying. And Florida State is overrated in this pole. They won't be top 10 next year with a new QB. No way in hell. I'd argue that as of now, Georgia Tech is the favorite to win the ACC. I'm not even being biased either. That's how pathetic the conference is.

FSU is overrated in this pole. And it is not about the QB. Try the QB, 4 OL, WR, TE, RB(but replacement is better), DT, DE, both CBs.

Not sure about GT being the favorite. YOu guys lose a LOT on the D side of the ball. Plus both good WRs. Unfortunately I think Clemson will be the favorite. Even though they lose 8 starters on D.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not Mormon, but kinda surprised BYU is not on this, They should have their QB back, and if not they have a kid named Mangum who was runner up to Winston in the elite 11

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU is overrated in this pole. And it is not about the QB. Try the QB, 4 OL, WR, TE, RB(but replacement is better), DT, DE, both CBs.

Not sure about GT being the favorite. YOu guys lose a LOT on the D side of the ball. Plus both good WRs. Unfortunately I think Clemson will be the favorite. Even though they lose 8 starters on D.

You know GT always has a WR ready to step in and play so no worries there. And we're an offensive team. Always have been under Paul Johnson. And we have our best QB since Joe Hamilton. Justin Thomas had a 3:1 TD to turnover ratio as a Sophmore. Clearly the best athlete in the conference, and he's still improving. And he had more passing than rushing TDs? What option QB does that? I'm not going to say he is Heisman material yet, maybe his Senior year, but he's for sure one of the top players in the country. 10 wins minimum for a Justin Thomas led team.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not Mormon, but kinda surprised BYU is not on this, They should have their QB back, and if not they have a kid named Mangum who was runner up to Winston in the elite 11

Yeah I could see BYU being good next year, but didn't they lose a lot of coaching?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many sec teams. shouldn't be more than 5 or so. def no ole miss. Arkansas on the bubble but not in. auburn and lsu should be more near 20

You keep saying shit like this, but let's see you put your top 25 together, so we can all have a good chuckle.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know preseason rankings are pointless, but I have to say that I'm pleased to see that Arizona is getting some attention. I understand that the previous season has a major impact on future preseason rankings but I'm just happy to see our team being mentioned as being potentially good. Again, I realzie this is the Way Too Early Preseason Rankings but I feel like our program is headed in the right direction.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying shit like this, but let's see you put your top 25 together, so we can all have a good chuckle.

I will in time. being a fan of a sec team im sure your just fine with it. anyone realizes that the more ranked teams in its conference the better its chances to climb rankings. my only argument is with these past bowl perfomances and the fact that were into 2 years now of no sec champs. I get it the sec one 7 championships...those days are gone and the rankings should reflect that. if nothing else the PAC has shown its equal to the SEC.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will in time. being a fan of a sec team im sure your just fine with it. anyone realizes that the more ranked teams in its conference the better its chances to climb rankings. my only argument is with these past bowl perfomances and the fact that were into 2 years now of no sec champs. I get it the sec one 7 championships...those days are gone and the rankings should reflect that. if nothing else the PAC has shown its equal to the SEC.

Won*

Please you can insult the SEC but please at least spell correctly.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won*

Please you can insult the SEC but please at least spell correctly.

grammar-police-badge.png

He's just doing his job, folks.

Move along.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?

Which one of these bowl results this year told you that the PAC was equal to the SEC?

Utah 45, Colorado State 10
Arizona State 36, Duke 31
Stanford 45, Maryland 21
Boise State 38, Arizona 30
Oregon 59, Florida State 20
Oklahoma State 30, Washington 22
Ohio State 42, Oregon 20

Because I don't see any SEC vs PAC match-ups anywhere in there. If you want to hang your hat on beating CSU, Duke and Maryland, have at it. But I find your broader conclusions to be lacking in the substance department. Conference-USA went 4-1 in bowls this year, are we ready to say they are the top conference? To me, the only takeaway from bowl season that I had was that the B1G was better than advertised, both their performance in the actual games and their performance against the spread were indicative of that. Everything else was a mixed bag at best.

If you really want to talk about undeserved rankings lets talk USC...2009 Preseason #4, 2012 Preseason #1, Preseason #15 last year.

On what basis are you or anyone else going to justify ranking USC in the top 10. Particularly since you have stated that recruiting class rank shouldn't be used. Yes, USC is USC, but I'd like to see a top 10 finish before I put them there to start the year. At this point, I would have to be convinced that they are even the top team in the Pac South.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Which one of these bowl results this year told you that the PAC was equal to the SEC?

Utah 45, Colorado State 10
Arizona State 36, Duke 31
Stanford 45, Maryland 21
Boise State 38, Arizona 30
Oregon 59, Florida State 20
Oklahoma State 30, Washington 22
Ohio State 42, Oregon 20

Because I don't see any SEC vs PAC match-ups anywhere in there. If you want to hang your hat on beating CSU, Duke and Maryland, have at it. But I find your broader conclusions to be lacking in the substance department. Conference-USA went 4-1 in bowls this year, are we ready to say they are the top conference? To me, the only takeaway from bowl season that I had was that the B1G was better than advertised, both their performance in the actual games and their performance against the spread were indicative of that. Everything else was a mixed bag at best.

If you really want to talk undeserved rankings lets talk USC...2009 Preseason #4, 2012 Preseason #1, Preseason #15 last year.

On what basis are you or anyone else going to justify ranking USC in the top 10. Particularly since you have stated that recruiting class rank shouldn't be used. Yes, USC is USC, but I'd like to see a top 10 finish before I put them there to start the year. At this point, I would have to be convinced that they are even the top team in the Pac South.

for starters the great espn has said atleast this year the pac 12 wins the matchup..

Power Rankings: Pac-12 finishes on top of SEC, Big Ten - ESPN

I agreed on more than one occasion that usc shouldn't be given a top 10 ranking. only thing I said straying from that is so many years south Carolina and others were repeatedly given rankings. hell Georgia lost 6 games and came into this season at 12. so whether its usc or some other school/conference I wont complain to see some of the sec rankings deservedly decline.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC should be pretty good, but I don't know how many people really think they're going to be the best team in the South next year. At best, they're co-favorites. Their defensive front is pretty gutted.