• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commericals during games

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone else sick the increasing number of commercials during these games? Its just the height of arrogance from the NFL and networks, how much they delay and break the games up for more and more ads. Games take a half hour longer than they used to, aided by more replays, which are just more spots for commercials.

The classic ridiculous one is the TD/extra point -> commercial -> kickoff -> commercial, which is disgusting, but now more and more often we're getting TD/replay -> commercial -> extra point -> commercial -> kickoff -> another fucking commercial

I am getting to the point where I'd rather watch a crappy stream of BBC coverage on my computer, where they go back to their studio or show NFL Films clips when the US networks go to commercial. Or I could just spend hundreds on Sunday Ticket.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$$$

Which is why soccer will never be big here.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Only thing you can do about commercials is not watch the product on which they're advertizing.

...or just watch Red Zone. No commercials.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, but how much money is too much? They seemed to be doing pretty well before adding a half hour of commercials to each game.

I don't know how the economics work out, but in soccer you have the ads on the screen at all times, on the jerseys and along the sideline billboards. I suppose they don't make as much as the NFL, but the Premier League does do very well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You could go to Buffalo Wild wings; they'd have a game playing at all times (and probably Red Zone).

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it is insanely obnoxious when networks take commercial breaks every 90 seconds (the 4th qtr seems even worse).

Anyways, I watch games via the internet & my computer, which I connected to my HD TV via a $20 computer-to-HDMI cord ($20 investment on a computer cord > Taking out a mortgage on my home merely so I can watch 1 year of NFL Sunday Ticket/Rewind/whatever the NFL decided to call "ripping off the fanbase") & switch between games during commercials.