• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, it's been a long time where as a fanbase we are trying to figure out how to get multiple players that we drafted onto a second contract.

McLaurin
Allen
Payne
Sweat
Chase
Curl

I survived the Vinny Cerrato years and lived to talk about it.
LMAO, it was during the early Vinny years that my brother worked for Dan. He couldn't stand either one of them. I think he lasted two years.

Because we have had such a crappy owner we as fans know little about team building. We want all the guys we love like Scherff or Payne or whoever. This is where a good GM comes in, you have to know when to hold and when to fold them.

I want to keep Payne, but do we pay him $20 million or pay Ridgeway and Martin next to Allen.

I love Terry Mac, do we keep him three more years and then let him go and sign Dotson for four years?

Kam Curl is HUGE to this team .... I hope we sign him.

I love BRob but 4-5 years of a RB you find another one.

I'd give Howell a chance next year to see if he can do the job on a rookie contract. It gives you the chance to keep other guys. I don't think he will do any worse than Wentz or Heinicke.

Have to rebuild the OLine and not with Caroline rejects.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, it was during the early Vinny years that my brother worked for Dan. He couldn't stand either one of them. I think he lasted two years.

Because we have had such a crappy owner we as fans know little about team building. We want all the guys we love like Scherff or Payne or whoever. This is where a good GM comes in, you have to know when to hold and when to fold them.

I want to keep Payne, but do we pay him $20 million or pay Ridgeway and Martin next to Allen.

I love Terry Mac, do we keep him three more years and then let him go and sign Dotson for four years?

Kam Curl is HUGE to this team .... I hope we sign him.

I love BRob but 4-5 years of a RB you find another one.

I'd give Howell a chance next year to see if he can do the job on a rookie contract. It gives you the chance to keep other guys. I don't think he will do any worse than Wentz or Heinicke.

Have to rebuild the OLine and not with Caroline rejects.
Damn, the Devin Thomas/Malcolm Kelly years. I'll take Bruce over Vinny and that's saying something. So im not alone in the give Howell a shot camp. Not gonna happen, but I'd be okay with it, especially in a year like the one coming up.

Part of me wants Ron to trust his scouts and give Howell the ball. Part of me wants to go all in and call Green Bay or see what happens in Baltimore.

In the end, I really want to keep this defense together and that means Payne and a lower contract at QB and if that's the case. Why not Howell?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, the Devin Thomas/Malcolm Kelly years. I'll take Bruce over Vinny and that's saying something. So im not alone in the give Howell a shot camp. Not gonna happen, but I'd be okay with it, especially in a year like the one coming up.

Part of me wants Ron to trust his scouts and give Howell the ball. Part of me wants to go all in and call Green Bay or see what happens in Baltimore.

In the end, I really want to keep this defense together and that means Payne and a lower contract at QB and if that's the case. Why not Howell?
No to Rodgers or Lamar.

Yes to keeping the defense together. I love this D. I don't shit my pants over Mayo although I would like a younger faster LBer. I worry about BSJ playing a full schedule. Love to keep Fuller for another year or two but that is probably it.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSJ not being able to stay on the field and Fuller's price tag is why Porter Jr. or Gonzalez are tempting.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So funny story with this.

I bought a Devin Thomas jersey after he was drafted. I thought he was the real deal.

For Father's Day, my wife bought me a Malcolm Kelly jersey that same year. I was elated!

I had fun alternating wearing them on game day. Kelly never could stay healthy so I sold the jersey on eBay. As much as I hated it, a little later on I also sold the Devin Thomas jersey as I knew he was going to get cut. I didn't buy another Redskins jersey until RG3...sigh.

That being said, if we want a player to be good, I should avoid buying their jersey. I have the worst luck with jerseys...The jersey I wanted to buy but never did, was none other than Brandon Lloyd. I was 100% sure he was next Art Monk...LOL Thank goodness I never found one to buy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have bought 4 jerseys in my life , sonny jurgensen , sean taylor , john riggins and dave butz

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bought a Devin Thomas jersey after he was drafted. I thought he was the real deal.

For Father's Day, my wife bought me a Malcolm Kelly jersey that same year. I was elated!

I had fun alternating wearing them on game day. Kelly never could stay healthy so I sold the jersey on eBay. As much as I hated it, a little later on I also sold the Devin Thomas jersey as I knew he was going to get cut. I didn't buy another Redskins jersey until RG3...sigh.

That being said, if we want a player to be good, I should avoid buying their jersey. I have the worst luck with jerseys...The jersey I wanted to buy but never did, was none other than Brandon Lloyd. I was 100% sure he was next Art Monk...LOL Thank goodness I never found one to buy.
Yeah, please don't buy a Howell any time soon.

I had Portis, two Champ Bailey's, two RG3's, and Garçon.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I surmise from this is you want a great GM but aren't one .... only teasing.

I have had a Larry Brown, Riggins, Darryl Green, Cousins, Kerrigan and Ioannidis .... I can't make myself buy a Commanders jersey

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I surmise from this is you want a great GM but aren't one .... only teasing.

I have had a Larry Brown, Riggins, Darryl Green, Cousins, Kerrigan and Ioannidis .... I can't make myself buy a Commanders jersey
I can't do it either. Hoping they switch back.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, please don't buy a Howell any time soon.

I had Portis, two Champ Bailey's, two RG3's, and Garçon.
Nope....with my luck, I wouldn't buy a Howell jersey if it was on sale for .99 cents.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I was smart, I would buy OLine and DLine jerseys as they seem to stick around longer. Especially if they were 1st rounders.

I always go for the WRs. Funny thing is that Moss was clearly the smart answer but I went with Thomas and Kelly. Chris Samuels would have been another smart one as well. Buying a Brandon Lloyd jersey would have been the dumbest thing to do.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is big if true and in my opinion the place we should start

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.