• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Dallas losing Tyron to injury and the loss of Cooper in trading him to the Browns, Gallup and Washington being hurt....they are left with Lamb and a rookie at WR....

Seriously think Philly can win the East and Washington bumps Dallas down to 3rd place....

I agree, but if Wentz works out we should compete.Philly looks the best on paper right now

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but if Wentz works out we should compete.Philly looks the best on paper right now
We won’t know if wince works out till the end of next season

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Dallas losing Tyron to injury and the loss of Cooper in trading him to the Browns, Gallup and Washington being hurt....they are left with Lamb and a rookie at WR....

Seriously think Philly can win the East and Washington bumps Dallas down to 3rd place....
WSH will probably still take 3rd. People are forgetting to mention the problems on defense we have. Smith's loss is huge but I think that moves DAL to 2nd and Philly takes the East. WSH is simply not that good right now and cannot compete with DAL or Philly. We should be better on offense, but the defense really didn't do much to improve in the offseason. We are projected to win 7-8 games, which seems about right.
Most fans have us between 7-9 wins. The preseason has done nothing to generate excitement in all honesty. We should have done more to bring in more talent in the offseason.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Lets say modern day NFL. Think of somebody in the last 35 years who was a RB1 and KO guy
Moving the goal posts dean ? Again ? Don’t say history of NFL then

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WSH will probably still take 3rd. People are forgetting to mention the problems on defense we have. Smith's loss is huge but I think that moves DAL to 2nd and Philly takes the East. WSH is simply not that good right now and cannot compete with DAL or Philly. We should be better on offense, but the defense really didn't do much to improve in the offseason. We are projected to win 7-8 games, which seems about right.
Most fans have us between 7-9 wins. The preseason has done nothing to generate excitement in all honesty. We should have done more to bring in more talent in the offseason.
Wentz plays anything like he did last season for the Commanders.....and they can win 10 games easy.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz plays anything like he did last season for the Commanders.....and they can win 10 games easy.
Colts fans might disagree. They could not be happier that he is gone.

Wentz had a few things in Indy that he will NOT have here:

1. Elite play caller. Reich is much more talented and experienced than Scott Turner.
2. Top 10 defense. Indy had the 9th ranked defense last year. WSH was 25th.
3. Elite running game. Taylor is the best back in the NFL. We have no idea who will start here in WSH. Gibson or Robinson.

This season will depend on the defense, not the offense. With respect to Wentz, we were the only team that wanted him. He has been traded twice in 2 years. Never a good sign obviously.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts fans might disagree. They could not be happier that he is gone.

Wentz had a few things in Indy that he will NOT have here:

1. Elite play caller. Reich is much more talented and experienced than Scott Turner.
2. Top 10 defense. Indy had the 9th ranked defense last year. WSH was 25th.
3. Elite running game. Taylor is the best back in the NFL. We have no idea who will start here in WSH. Gibson or Robinson.

This season will depend on the defense, not the offense. With respect to Wentz, we were the only team that wanted him. He has been traded twice in 2 years. Never a good sign obviously.
Wentz is a better signal caller than Heinicke who is clearly just a solid backup.

Pretty sure Gibson will start (ESPN has him listed as their starter) and he may not be Taylor but he is a good back and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Not to mention McKissic who caught 80 passes a few seasons ago.

Wasn't last year's defense was an aberration and not the norm? Thought they had some injuries that caused them to slide? A healthy Chase Young helps that defense immensely.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is a better signal caller than Heinicke who is clearly just a solid backup.

Pretty sure Gibson will start (ESPN has him listed as their starter) and he may not be Taylor but he is a good back and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Not to mention McKissic who caught 80 passes a few seasons ago.

Wasn't last year's defense was an aberration and not the norm? Thought they had some injuries that caused them to slide? A healthy Chase Young helps that defense immensely.
Yes, Wentz is better than Heinicke for sure. However, Wentz isn't anything to write home about. His decision-making is atrocious and it will cost us some games this year. He was bottom 5 in completion rate for starting QBs. I wish we would have gone another route to be honest.

Gibson was just announced as the "likely" starting KR. He could be the starter at RB, but the word is that Robinson has the inside track. McKissic is good when he can get on the field. He is not effective on the ground between the tackles (less than 1,000 in a total career of 6 years), but is a playmaker in space and can catch.

The defense is all over the place. In 2020, they were 4th but slid to 25th in 2021.

They were 27th in 2019, and 15th in 2018, but that was a difference DC.

I agree with a healthy Young and that is part of the problem. He will miss at least 4 games, and probably more. This is a recovery year and 2023 will be his first fully healthy year.

You are leaving out the biggest issue: Ron Rivera. He only has 3 winning seasons in his 11 total years as a HC. He has not had more than 7 wins in the past 5 years. The game has passed him by, unfortunately.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, as bad as he is, Dan is worse. We hold the distinct honor of having the worst owner in the NFL.
i agree with you about snyder , but truthfully i think wince was treated unfairly by irsay

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with you about snyder , but truthfully i think wince was treated unfairly by irsay
Irsay is trying to be the George Steinbrenner of the NFL...LOL. I would like to see Larry David do an Irsay impression as he did on Seinfeld for Steinbrenner.

I think there is more to the story and I am guessing Ballard and Reich talked Irsay into the trade. When it didn't work out, he exploded because he was against it from the get-go. Reich and Ballard rushed Wentz out of town ASAP and fell on the sword with several public apologies. I remember thinking that the Colts were idiots for making that trade. You knew something was wrong with Wentz while in Philly. The Colts clearly made a mistake and tried to correct it by fleecing us, which they did.

Irsay has zero emotional intelligence but something else must have been going on for them to get Wentz out so fast.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irsay is trying to be the George Steinbrenner of the NFL...LOL. I would like to see Larry David do an Irsay impression as he did on Seinfeld for Steinbrenner.

I think there is more to the story and I am guessing Ballard and Reich talked Irsay into the trade. When it didn't work out, he exploded because he was against it from the get-go. Reich and Ballard rushed Wentz out of town ASAP and fell on the sword with several public apologies. I remember thinking that the Colts were idiots for making that trade. You knew something was wrong with Wentz while in Philly. The Colts clearly made a mistake and tried to correct it by fleecing us, which they did.

Irsay has zero emotional intelligence but something else must have been going on for them to get Wentz out so fast.
I think there is some truth in your comment here. I think in the end Ballard and Reich did what they had to do to keep their jobs. I agree Snyder is worse but Irsay is an ass.

I don't think there is something wrong with Wentz. I think he is a middle of the back QB. You don't throw for 20,000 yards, 140 TDs and 50 Ints if something is wrong with you. If you want to debate what Washington gave up for him I understand. His contract looked big for a month or so but right now he is slotted where he should be. I think he has the 12th or 1th highest QB salary and that is about what he is.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is some truth in your comment here. I think in the end Ballard and Reich did what they had to do to keep their jobs. I agree Snyder is worse but Irsay is an ass.

I don't think there is something wrong with Wentz. I think he is a middle of the back QB. You don't throw for 20,000 yards, 140 TDs and 50 Ints if something is wrong with you. If you want to debate what Washington gave up for him I understand. His contract looked big for a month or so but right now he is slotted where he should be. I think he has the 12th or 1th highest QB salary and that is about what he is.
Why does the NFL have the worst owners? I can't name any moronic NBA owner...maybe James Dolan? Same with MLB. There might be some incompetent owners, but none with massive character issues. Donald Stirling (NBA) was bad and Marge Schott (MLB) was a nightmare. She would not last 1 week now with her mouth and idiotic comments.

That being said, Irsay, Snyder, Jones, and Kraft are pieces of work and take the cake.