• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was argued for years that we couldn’t pay our d/line the big money . We did but chose not too . New owners , new FO , new direction

I didn't argue with you. We had the money to give Sweat a LTD. If Harris and Co didn't feel he was talented enough to receive an LTD then that's a different story.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remember the "stay medium/black and burgundy" Zorn. Swinging gate twice Zorn. It just felt like he wasn't taken seriously or to be taken seriously.

Ron was a bad coach here and an even worse GM. Sure the DEA ran up in the building because of one of his Carolina boys, but for the most part it just felt like Ron ran as tight of ship as he could. He lost the team behind benching Heinicke and hiring Bienemy.
probably as bad as the garo fumble in the sb in 72.and we did it twice.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remember the "stay medium/black and burgundy" Zorn. Swinging gate twice Zorn. It just felt like he wasn't taken seriously or to be taken seriously.

Ron was a bad coach here and an even worse GM. Sure the DEA ran up in the building because of one of his Carolina boys, but for the most part it just felt like Ron ran as tight of ship as he could. He lost the team behind benching Heinicke and hiring Bienemy.
The maroon and black was a bad comment, to be sure, but again……if anyone expected Zorn to be a success, the joke was on them after that.

Rivera was thought by many to be a guy to come in here and get the team disciplined and on track to playing well again……and it didn’t happen.

Bienemy was by far the worst decision. Making such draconian rules such as not being able to wear a hat backwards, no wonder why he never got a HC job, and he had to go to college to get a job calling plays.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't argue with you. We had the money to give Sweat a LTD. If Harris and Co didn't feel he was talented enough to receive an LTD then that's a different story.
i dont think talent was the issue , i think they wanted to rebuild and go in a different direction with a new staff and FO . and no you didnt argue with me on that but others did

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think talent was the issue , i think they wanted to rebuild and go in a different direction with a new staff and FO . and no you didnt argue with me on that but others did

Right then we paid Armstrong.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The maroon and black was a bad comment, to be sure, but again……if anyone expected Zorn to be a success, the joke was on them after that.

Rivera was thought by many to be a guy to come in here and get the team disciplined and on track to playing well again……and it didn’t happen.

Bienemy was by far the worst decision. Making such draconian rules such as not being able to wear a hat backwards, no wonder why he never got a HC job, and he had to go to college to get a job calling plays.
I knew Zorn would be a disaster. Gotta admit he did get off to a good start. He was never supposed to get the job. The fans revolted against Fassel.