• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m perfectly content if they went back to Football Team and kept it. It was uniquely simple and effective.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m perfectly content if they went back to Football Team and kept it. It was uniquely simple and effective.
Warriors or Braves and I'm a happy man. WFT is a distant third for me though.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors or Braves and I'm a happy man. WFT is a distant third for me though.
I still have some WFT stuff, but it was unique even though I didn’t think so at the time.

I think we get a uniform redesign to get rid of the stink of the Snyder family, before we get a name-change though.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have some WFT stuff, but it was unique even though I didn’t think so at the time.

I think we get a uniform redesign to get rid of the stink of the Snyder family, before we get a name-change though.
At this point I would definitely take the old uniforms and WFT over Commanders and these ketchup and mustard uniforms, not to mention the all black ones.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the time all is said and done, my best guess is that the Commanders will probably roll over between $24m and $30m in unused cap space.

Right now, Over the Cap estimates the Commanders’ available 2025 cap space at $71.2m. That number could jump to around $100m once the rollover is applied. There will be some opportunity to increase it further if Washington wants to consider moving on from any of its high-priced player contracts.

In 2025, Adam Peters will have the opportunity to re-shape the roster and use of cap space to suit his objectives. Heading into the ‘25 season, only 4 players currently under contract will have cap hits in excess of $10m: Terry McLaurin, Daron Payne, Jonathan Allen, and Andrew Wylie. In the case of each of these 4 players, the team could increase its available cap space by cutting or trading him. In fact, if Adam Peters were to move on from all 4 players, it would allow him to re-allocate $38.9m in cap space in an effort to optimize the roster and cap space allocation.

While the current roster looks like it is largely filled with ‘placeholders’ that allow the team to field a competitive but unspectacular team in 2024, it appears that Adam Peters is poised to use the 2025 draft, free agency and cap space to make a great deal more progress towards his ‘ideal’ roster next offseason when he will have almost complete freedom to shape it as he sees fit.

in a nutshell this is why i prefer to assess what we have rather the trade for expensive toys giving up draft resources and cap space

not when we are "hoping " to be a WC

this article doesnt take into account that the cap will increase on revenues alone

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a chance that this crew is taking over and adding to the team we saw under Brissett and could be in for a surprise season? Asking for a friend. Lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a chance that this crew is taking over and adding to the team we saw under Brissett and could be in for a surprise season? Asking for a friend. Lol
possible