• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible that it's concussion related...but he skated, head up, directly at the guy for quite some time. Very odd. Either way, shouldn't be on the ice.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure wideman will go with the dazed and confused excuse

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like his head was up all the way :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purely an accident, those thinking that Wideman should be suspended are out to lunch.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purely an accident, those thinking that Wideman should be suspended are out to lunch.

Meh. I dunno about all that. But his head appears to be up and directly looking at the linesman. I would probably buy it if he said he was kinda out on his feet as he cruised to the bench :noidea:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kristen Odland @KristenOdlandCH
Dennis Wideman on hitting linesman Don Henderson: “I was just trying to get off the ice. And, at the last second, I looked up and saw him."

Kristen Odland @KristenOdlandCH
"I couldn’t avoid it. I didn’t know where to go or how to get out of the way of him.”

Eric Francis @EricFrancis
Wideman: "Throughout my career I think I've treated every official w the utmost respect & I'd never try 2 intentionally hit a linesman or ref

Eric Francis @EricFrancis
MOre Wideman: "It was completely unintentional and I already apologized to him."

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"At the last second i looked up" lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol he couldnt have gone around him?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question I have is what the hell is wrong with the Flames medical staff, it certainly looks like Wideman has a concussion, why was he allowed to continue playing in tonight's game?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure looks like he jumps a bit as he makes contact.. What I find odd is the positioning of his hands and stick. It doesnt seem natural that you are skating forward and not looking ahead, then at the last second you see someone in front of you, you pick your hands and stick up like that.

I cant explain it very well, but it doesnt seem like a purely last-second self-defense kind of motion. Looks more like a "I am woozy, not watching where I am going, look up and there is someone in front of me. I am pissed so I steamroll him on my way off the ice. Oh crap, that was a ref"

Other odd thing. If you have utmost respect for officials (as he claims) wouldnt you stop after hitting the guy and check on his well being?

Dunno.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree, if it was Looch, he is already suspended indefinitely, probably gets 20 games, and has already held a press conference whinging about how the refs treat him unfairly.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like his head was up all the way :noidea:

I have had times in practice where I am watching away from where I am skating and realize at the last second that I am about to mow someone down. I can buy that he was slightly dazed and looking for the number of the bus that just hit him. I can see it happening.

But what I don't get is the hands up/cross check. Maybe he mistook the stripes for a Preds jersey?

It sure looks like he jumps a bit as he makes contact.. What I find odd is the positioning of his hands and stick. It doesnt seem natural that you are skating forward and not looking ahead, then at the last second you see someone in front of you, you pick your hands and stick up like that.

I cant explain it very well, but it doesnt seem like a purely last-second self-defense kind of motion. Looks more like a "I am woozy, not watching where I am going, look up and there is someone in front of me. I am pissed so I steamroll him on my way off the ice. Oh crap, that was a ref"

Other odd thing. If you have utmost respect for officials (as he claims) wouldnt you stop after hitting the guy and check on his well being?

Dunno.

^^ This. A thousand times this.

Pronger's office is gonna have a tough time with this one. I can't even dare make a prediction.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a note that this isnt a DOPeS thing ... department of hockey operations will be the ones ruling if this is a suspension/suspension worthy

COLIN CAMPBELL on WIDEMAN: "This guy is a freaking idiot!"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what I don't get is the hands up/cross check. Maybe he mistook the stripes for a Preds jersey?

I really believe Wideman was a) totally out of it and/or b) for some reason, didn't see the linesman until the very last second and brought up his arms in a reflexive,defensive, instinctive action.

To be honest, I can see both sides and those calling for a lengthy suspension have a pretty damning video to refer to. This is one case where the officials game report could really sway the decision one way or the other.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen this from different angles? From behind, it doesnt look very good for Wideman, but other angles might give a different interpretation