• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The roster limit is 23, but injured players don't count and the Flames currently have three guys on the shelf (Brodie, Colborne, and Smid), Ryan Wilson was released from his PTO, so that makes a total of 24 active players on the roster. One of the forwards (I'm guessing Granlund because he is waiver exempt) will be assigned to Stockton.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meet one of the new alternate captains of the Calgary Flames.

CQpf_AVVAAAygba.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should add that Wideman and Russell are the other alternate captains (Russell has a permanent 'A', Wideman and Monahan will alternate being alternates).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about this goalie thing, dash?

Yeah, I think a goaltending decision has to be made by the end of this month. As I posted previously, my preference would be to trade Hiller and go with the two Finns between the pipes (I think Ortio could be a fine NHL goalie down the road). I have faith that BT won't let this situation fester.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think a goaltending decision has to be made by the end of this month. As I posted previously, my preference would be to trade Hiller and go with the two Finns between the pipes (I think Ortio could be a fine NHL goalie down the road). I have faith that BT won't let this situation fester.
He really can't. If Brodie returns and there isn't a solution at hand, that's going to become quite the distraction.

Did they map out at all who's going to play the early games? Are there going to be 3 different starters in the first 3 games?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they map out at all who's going to play the early games? Are there going to be 3 different starters in the first 3 games?

Ramo is starting the opener against the Canucks, but that's all that's been decided at this point (at least as far as I have heard).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickbag alert, but this tidbit from Cox:

"Dougie Hamilton has been struggling in his first year in Calgary, and there’s a rumour about him and his departure from Boston that just won’t die.

The speculation is that among the issues Hamilton had with the Bruins was the fact he wanted them to acquire the rights to his brother, Freddie, and Boston either couldn’t or wouldn’t.

Dougie landed in Calgary at the draft, and this month the Flames acquired Freddie in a trade. GM Brad Treliving, when asked about the rumour, said the Flames actually tried to make a deal for Freddie at the March trade deadline, and said he’d never heard the rumour before.

Peter Chiarelli, who was GM of the Bruins before being fired in May, preferred not to comment."

Weekend Takeaways: Did brother play role in Hamilton trade? - Sportsnet.ca

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult to win games with only one forward line producing, questionable defense corps, and shaky goaltending.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Brodie is a game time decision tonight - Would be great to see him back in the lineup.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the Flames vs Isles game dash. I did see the highlights though. What the heck happened to Russell on Clutterbuck's goal. Cizikas in beast mode?

I missed that game as well, good win for the Isles though. It seems these days every mistake the Flames make are ending up in their net. It certainly doesn't help when everybody seems snake bitten from a goal scoring perspective. Hopefully, it gets ironed out soon or a return trip to the playoffs will be out of reach.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that game as well, good win for the Isles though. It seems these days every mistake the Flames make are ending up in their net. It certainly doesn't help when everybody seems snake bitten from a goal scoring perspective. Hopefully, it gets ironed out soon or a return trip to the playoffs will be out of reach.

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised by the Isles hot start. It helps when your team is playing a lot of home games though. Halak missed the first few games & still has 2 shutouts already.

Calgary definitely needs to pick a goalie dash. As for the offense, much like the Ducks there's to much talent on the Flames roster for me to believe some bounces won't go their way. Then again I thought the Ducks were in a great position after the 1st period last night.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiller is getting the start tonight against the Sens, but you're right, somebody needs to step up and run with the number one goalie position for the next few games. That team-wide confidence that the goalie is going to make that timely save is missing from the Flames at the moment.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, as bad as the Flames start has been, they are still only 6 points out of a playoff spot. Just thank Oprah that aside from the Kings, the Pacific Division is pretty so-so.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, as bad as the Flames start has been, they are still only 6 points out of a playoff spot. Just thank Oprah that aside from the Kings, the Pacific Division is pretty so-so.
As opposed to the Central...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 teams in each division still make the playoffs, right? Sure glad it's not top 8 in the conference.