• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at actual salary (instead of cap salary)...surprise surprise, the Sens are at the bottom.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which of the 2 young stud forwards would you take 1st overall if given the chance? I realize Edmonton & Buffalo will definitely have a say as to who picks 1st overall, but I'm curious as to which player you think is better. I haven't seen either of them play.

I think I gotta go with McDavid, but Eichel would be a heck of a consolation prize. This Hanifan kid looks like the next stud defenseman as well.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I gotta go with McDavid, but Eichel would be a heck of a consolation prize. This Hanifan kid looks like the next stud defenseman as well.

Is this draft class as deep as the so called experts have said it is. I saw somewhere that somebody had Dylan Strome ranked 10th. I thought he'd be a bit higher.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's exactly what Sabres fans are already telling ourselves for when we finish last overall and inevitably lose the draft lottery for the second year in a row.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shock at all given Melnyk's notorious tight-fistedness.

I will be surprised if Ryan resigns with the Senators. I fully expect him to test the market. Maybe Ottawa is thinking about the 2015 draft. I mean they traded Spezza. If they're out of it by December Ryan might be next.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is a better place to respond to your post in the Waiver Wire thread dash.

Good to hear Baertchi might have things figured out. Will Jankowski be a NHLer at some point or did Feaster make a mistake?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is a better place to respond to your post in the Waiver Wire thread dash.

Good to hear Baertchi might have things figured out. Will Jankowski be a NHLer at some point or did Feaster make a mistake?

I think the Flames will be patient with Jankowski and not rush him (the fact of the matter is that Feaster did a pretty good job restocking the prospect pool). Really, it's too early to tell whether or not he will be a regular NHLer.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flames will be patient with Jankowski and not rush him (the fact of the matter is that Feaster did a pretty good job restocking the prospect pool). Really, it's too early to tell whether or not he will be a regular NHLer.

Jankowski was such a surprise pick that I think the TSN guys thought Calgary could have traded down again. For the first time in quite awhile I'm excited about the upcoming season. I know it's stupid of me. I don't have any faith in Snow to make a good trade, but the Isles on paper look like they might sniff the 7th or 8th seed.

Keep Giordano healthy & maybe the Flames can challenge for the 7th or 8th seed themselves. I like Monahan a lot dash. He's a keeper.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jankowski was such a surprise pick that I think the TSN guys thought Calgary could have traded down again. For the first time in quite awhile I'm excited about the upcoming season. I know it's stupid of me. I don't have any faith in Snow to make a good trade, but the Isles on paper look like they might sniff the 7th or 8th seed.

Keep Giordano healthy & maybe the Flames can challenge for the 7th or 8th seed themselves. I like Monahan a lot dash. He's a keeper.

Good luck to the Isles this season - Hopefully, Snow can get some help for Tavares and Okposo. As for the Flames, we're looking to the future with guys like Monahan, Gaudreau, Bennett, and maybe McDavid or Eichel. It could be a rough season, but there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:spit:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I kinda glossed over that 7th/8th seed myself, playoffs are likely still a minimum of 3 years away.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to the Isles this season - Hopefully, Snow can get some help for Tavares and Okposo. As for the Flames, we're looking to the future with guys like Monahan, Gaudreau, Bennett, and maybe McDavid or Eichel. It could be a rough season, but there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

It's funny I have no idea who the 1st line LW is going to be. In their last game against Boston it was Cory Conacher. He scored a goal & played his best game of the preseason. My guess is still Brock Nelson, but there has been talk that the Isles might want to keep him at Center. The Isles have ridiculous depth at Center. Tavares, Nielsen, Grabovski, Cizikas, Nelson, Strome & Bailey can play Center as well.

We know this much about the Flames, if they get one of the top 2 picks they'll be set at Center for the next 10 to 15 years.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 24s25 seconds ago
Raphael Diaz agrees to a one-year deal with #flames after attending camp on a PTO. Defensive depth.
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 1m1 minute ago
Raphael Diaz s'entend avec les Flames. 1 an / 700 000$ #tvasports

Plan the parade...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 24s25 seconds ago
Raphael Diaz agrees to a one-year deal with #flames after attending camp on a PTO. Defensive depth.
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 1m1 minute ago
Raphael Diaz s'entend avec les Flames. 1 an / 700 000$ #tvasports

Plan the parade...

i liked him in vancouver

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long was he in Vancouver, Matty? A week?

only 6 games. but what I saw I liked. I dont think he got a fair shake under torts (who did)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only 6 games. but what I saw I liked. I dont think he got a fair shake under torts (who did)

Well, let's see if he's in the lineup opening night and how bad the Sedin boys expose him (lol).