• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flames are doing their best to pick 5th. I'm really torn. I don't expect the Isles to give up a top 5 pick. So that means Buffalo will get our first 2 picks next year.

At 4 I want either Bennett or Dal Colle. Bennett is tenacious. He'll do whatever it takes to win & is very skilled. Dal Colle can flat out shoot the puck. On the wing with Tavares or Strome he's got a chance to be a perennial 40 goal scorer.

Don't know if you saw this DaBolts, but Bennett tops the final Central Scouting rankings for North American skaters.

2014 NHL CS Final Rankings - NA Skaters

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if you saw this DaBolts, but Bennett tops the final Central Scouting rankings for North American skaters.

2014 NHL CS Final Rankings - NA Skaters

Thanks for the Info. Am I wrong to think Ekblad ends up in Edmonton no matter what? Like you said Draisaitl is definately a wild card. Another one could be Ehlers although Garth has stayed away from the Q. I wouldn't be surprised if Florida took Dal Colle at 3.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's rare to see a D man go first but if I'm Tim Murray I look hard at Ekblad.

Either that or, given the Sabres depth of young D prospects, I make Edmonton give up an asset to get Ekblad. If Oil management takes another average to small scoring forward they might be tarred and feathered.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's rare to see a D man go first but if I'm Tim Murray I look hard at Ekblad.

Either that or, given the Sabres depth of young D prospects, I make Edmonton give up an asset to get Ekblad. If Oil management takes another average to small scoring forward they might be tarred and feathered.

I could see Tim Murray taking Ekblad and either keeping him and moving another d-man or then trading Ekblad and using a d-man to get a forward in a trade with a team - the forwards that could be available via trade might be better than what he could draft

Ekblad is supposedly the most sure thing in this draft

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Tim Murray taking Ekblad and either keeping him and moving another d-man or then trading Ekblad and using a d-man to get a forward in a trade with a team - the forwards that could be available via trade might be better than what he could draft

Ekblad is supposedly the most sure thing in this draft

Outside of the WJHC I've only seen Ekblad play 2 or 3 games (and none in person) but I would say he's the closest thing to a sure thing I've seen on D for the last 5-6 years at least.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the WJHC I've only seen Ekblad play 2 or 3 games (and none in person) but I would say he's the closest thing to a sure thing I've seen on D for the last 5-6 years at least.

Buffalo is a mess offensively. Grigorenko looks like a bust & they've already wasted 2 years of his ELC. They took two D very high last year. They tanked this year. They look like they plan to do the same thing next season. If they take Ekblad & keep him they better go get some forwards either through trades or UFA because they simply can't score enough goals to compete on a nightly basis.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well dash it all comes down to tomorrow. The Isles play those TANKERS from Buffalo. I like the Flames chances at the 4th pick. At least it looks like the Isles have found a potential star in Strome.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IcC62UV.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if the whole Burke tears a strip off of torts thing got posted somewhere ... he did truly burn torts ... which led to this tweet which made me chuckle

Thomas Drance ‏@ThomasDrance ·Apr 14
Brian Burke burned Tortorella pretty good today. Dealt with Torts like he was the first year of an entry-level contract.

Rory Johnston ‏@rnfjohnston ·Apr 14
@ThomasDrance guess he just couldn't let it slide

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sweet jesus if true...

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 15m Bob McKenzie "I've heard that the Flames could have had Nyquist and Tatar for Bouwmeester or another player but chose not to"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sweet jesus if true...

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 15m Bob McKenzie "I've heard that the Flames could have had Nyquist and Tatar for Bouwmeester or another player but chose not to"

prob true because this was

"I've heard that the Canucks could have had Nyquist or Tatar for Edler but chose not to"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Emile Poirier plus the 2nd round pick the Flames got from Colorado for Reto Berra will just have to match the point totals for Nyquist and Tatar. No problem.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Poirier...

Wes Gilbertson ‏@SUNGilbertson 38s #Flames have assigned D Keegan Kanzig and RW Emile Poirier to AHL Abbotsford after both were eliminated in major-junior playoffs.

I hope the Heat can go on a long playoff run in their last season in Abby.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Busby‏@buzrbe10 mins Flames games will have new play by play man on Sportsnet next year. Rob Kerr won't be back. He's going back to afternoons on Fan 960 ...

Good news, Kerr was terrible at play by play (much better on the radio). Of course now the speculation begins regarding who the new PBP guy will be.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have Bob McElligot (Jackets radio guy). He's a Lange clone.

"He stuck it behind Lundquist like wet bologna on a wall"

and

"FLAPJACKS ON A FERRIS WHEEL"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Busby‏@buzrbe10 mins Flames games will have new play by play man on Sportsnet next year. Rob Kerr won't be back. He's going back to afternoons on Fan 960 ...

Good news, Kerr was terrible at play by play (much better on the radio). Of course now the speculation begins regarding who the new PBP guy will be.

that will be sumkinda speculation :whistle:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - I actually don't mind Loubardias, but he's probably better suited for the junior game. Too bad we can't get Rick Ball outta Vancouver.

Loubardias as the PxP guy? Every time I saw him on NHL Network or where ever he was, he always talked funny

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - I actually don't mind Loubardias, but he's probably better suited for the junior game. Too bad we can't get Rick Ball outta Vancouver.

yah ballers not going any where ... lil birdie told me Baller might be getting the call from Snet/CBC for a much heavier HNIC work load next year