• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went and looked, since that Feb. 8 date they're actually mid-pack in goals against but bottom 5 in goals for. Which seems to indicate they're playing awful offensively while probably getting at least replacement-level goaltending (which the numbers for Vladar at least back up).

But they're 3rd in shots and are allowing the fewest shots against in the league that span.

I haven't been watching either so dash will probably say they've just been playing like garbage and that's probably true but I'm not sure I've ever seen puck luck like that before. If Treliving had made a move earlier for some scoring help this season might've been salvageable even with their garbage goaltending.

It's true BBB, the puck luck has been terrible this season (they have to be top 3 if not leading the league in posts hit this season), but they also struggle to score goals. The PP has really struggled this season, but this just masks a team that doesn't generate much offense 5-on-5. Huby has been the main focus for his struggles, but Mangiapane hasn't been good either. People have been coming down hard on Kadri on well, but I think he's been okay, I don't think anybody expects him to be a point per game player, if he gets 60-65 points, that's expected in my opinion.

I've already talked about the goaltending enough previously, Flames have just been chasing way too many games this season and when you're struggling to score, it's doubly tough. Oh well, flush this season away and bring on the entry draft lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true BBB, the puck luck has been terrible this season (they have to be top 3 if not leading the league in posts hit this season), but they also struggle to score goals. The PP has really struggled this season, but this just masks a team that doesn't generate much offense 5-on-5. Huby has been the main focus for his struggles, but Mangiapane hasn't been good either. People have been coming down hard on Kadri on well, but I think he's been okay, I don't think anybody expects him to be a point per game player, if he gets 60-65 points, that's expected in my opinion.

I've already talked about the goaltending enough previously, Flames have just been chasing way too many games this season and when you're struggling to score, it's doubly tough. Oh well, flush this season away and bring on the entry draft lol
When it comes down to it Kadri should be a prototypical Sutter player and it seems like he's been that.

I think Calgary's offseason is going to be wild.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the guys who are UFA after next year. It’s gonna be nuts.
Yowza. I knew it was a bumper crop, but damn.

Jackets should hopefully be able to cash in. Maybe around 30m in space depending on some RFAs coming due first.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yowza. I knew it was a bumper crop, but damn.

Jackets should hopefully be able to cash in. Maybe around 30m in space depending on some RFAs coming due first.
Assuming that by then the cap bullshit will be done with and there's a sizeable increase on top of everything else teams are gonna make some horrible decisions that offseason lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming that by then the cap bullshit will be done with and there's a sizeable increase on top of everything else teams are gonna make some horrible decisions that offseason lol

Horrible off-season decisions being in the Flames thread is very apropos lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, it will make it easier to hate this fucking team if they are all wearing Flames jerseys

It gives you focus :D

198233491864d02baaa1eff407ee3483.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, John Klingberg should be player soccer. Nice dive John.