• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Kipper & now Howse. Are things really that bad in Calgary?

C'mon DaBolts, two entirely different situations. Kipper didn't want to play for another NHL team and uproot his family for at most one more season of hockey. Howse just doesn't want to play hockey for a living (better to find out now than after you've invested a lot of time and money on the kid).

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon DaBolts, two entirely different situations. Kipper didn't want to play for another NHL team and uproot his family for at most one more season of hockey. Howse just doesn't want to play hockey for a living (better to find out now than after you've invested a lot of time and money on the kid).

I kid, I kid.

Tavares, Moulson, Strome, Visnovsky, Hamonic, Bouchard, Nabby & others will be playing tonight against the Flames. The Isles Website is getting the feed from Flames TV. Split squad games can be very interesting.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames split squads take two from the Isles split squads...Monahan with two goals tonight.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the highlights last night, I saw #6 out there and thought, "Isn't Sarich in Denver?" Then I saw Wideman on the nameplate.

/Nice hit on Buttercup last night by Wideman

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the highlights last night, I saw #6 out there and thought, "Isn't Sarich in Denver?" Then I saw Wideman on the nameplate.

/Nice hit on Buttercup last night by Wideman

Clutterfuck will be fine. He has a cut on his leg. I really wouldn't be upset if he missed the season. Sorry, but I'm not a fan. Apparently Poulin & Carkner looked like crap. Isles fans don't seem to happy with them. I don't know who the 3rd line center is going to be, but Regin wasn't impressive. I know it's only a couple of preseason games, but I really don't know what to make of the Isles this season. Snow & Cappy have some tough decisions to make at forward & on defense.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As first impressions go, Emile Poirier made a good one with the Calgary Flames.

Not enough to make the NHL team, but Poirier – the right winger chosen 22nd overall pick in this year's draft – netted one goal and one assist over the course of three pre-season games and asserted himself well before being sent back to the Gatineau Olympiques of the QMJHL.

Poirier, the second of Calgary's three first-round selections in the 2013 NHL Draft, was one of 19 players assigned Wednesday either to the AHL Abbotsford Heat or back to the junior ranks.

Left winger Morgan Klimchuk, the 28th overall pick who wasn't able to fully participate in camp due to an abdominal injury, was sent to the WHL's Regina Pats.

Centre Sean Monahan, the No. 6 pick in the 2013 draft, is among the 38 players who remain in Calgary's camp.

Also returned to junior were: D Ryan Culkin (Quebec, QMJHL), RW Coda Gordon (Swift Current, WHL), D Brett Kulak (Vancouver, WHL) and D Eric Roy (Brandon, WHL).

Thirteen players were sent to the club's top minor-league affiliate in time for camp to open in Abbotsford Friday.

A pair of goalies -- Joni Ortio and first-year pro Laurent Brossoit -- were joined by defencemen Mark Cundari, Brady Lamb, James Martin and Zach McKelvie, and forwards Carter Bancks, Paul Byron, David Eddy, Turner Elson, Ben Hanowski, Brett Olson and 2008 first-round draft choice Greg Nemisz.

That leaves the Flames with three goalies, 13 defencemen and 22 forwards. Calgary has two more pre-season games remaining and will open the 2013-14 season Oct. 3 at the Washington Capitals.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Giordano is your new captain of the Calgary Flames.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time this thread pops to the top of the NHL page, I always think of this:

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions 18s Mike Cammalleri, big question for #Flames. Hearing significant injury to his hand. Has missed games and much of pre season.

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions 9s Cammalleri may miss much more time. He is skating, but major issues holding his stick..etc... tough loss for rebuilding #Flames if so

So, the Flames finish 28th instead of 27th?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions 18s Mike Cammalleri, big question for #Flames. Hearing significant injury to his hand. Has missed games and much of pre season.

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions 9s Cammalleri may miss much more time. He is skating, but major issues holding his stick..etc... tough loss for rebuilding #Flames if so

So, the Flames finish 28th instead of 27th?

lol no this is a great loss for rebuilding I would think

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Pinder‏@RyanPinder26s
Just spoke with Patrick Sieloff's agent. Confirmed he won't be returning to Windsor this season.

Good for him, he'll likely be in Abbotsford for the majority of the season, but he's had a strong camp.