• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its Bruce Boudreau time for the Flames!

Do a 180 and go from the hardass coach who sucks the joy out of playing to the coach who will hold no one accountable :thumb:

/was hoping alan walsh would create another meme like the sword through Fleurys back one ... have the bronco busting Dutter riding on Huberdeaus back or something ... or lasso-ing him ... whatever ....

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't have it both ways, goalie union.
if it's not a shot on net, it's not a save.

(but you were beaten) lol
TepidSecretFrilledlizard-max-1mb.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if Dutter is such a bad coach, why did Gaudreau and Tkachuk have career seasons before they left last off-season? Yeah, you could say they were playing for their next contracts, but the chemistry between Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk was something to see. Kadri got off to a hot start and then Dutter put it with Huby hoping to light a fire and instead it seems that Huby is dragging Kadri down.

As @Bloody Brian Burke said above, the problem rests with the player and I thought he was quite engaged last night. More of that going forward please.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if Dutter is such a bad coach, why did Gaudreau and Tkachuk have career seasons before they left last off-season? Yeah, you could say they were playing for their next contracts, but the chemistry between Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk was something to see. Kadri got off to a hot start and then Dutter put it with Huby hoping to light a fire and instead it seems that Huby is dragging Kadri down.

As @Bloody Brian Burke said above, the problem rests with the player and I thought he was quite engaged last night. More of that going forward please.
why did Gaudreau and Tkachuk want to leave Calgary lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Huby is not appreciative of Walsh sending out that tweet...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, you'd have to ask them. Plenty of speculation out there, people seem to have their own agendas and will make things up to fit their narrative.
If a guy left because of coaching to join a team coached by Paul Maurice I'm not taking his stance on coaching very seriously.

Gaudreau I'll never understand but good on him for going where he thinks he'll be happiest. Don't think it's worth reading much more into it than that.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it's an indisputable fact that the weather in Calgary likely plays a huge role in guys wanting to play in other markets. If I had a chance to play in Sunrise, Florida over Calgary, Alberta, I'd likely chose Sunrise. I had a job opportunity in Victoria when I was in Calgary and made the move myself in the summer of 2008 (there were other factors at play, but make no mistake, the weather was a huge draw).

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it's an indisputable fact that the weather in Calgary likely plays a huge role in guys wanting to play in other markets. If I had a chance to play in Sunrise, Florida over Calgary, Alberta, I'd likely chose Sunrise. I had a job opportunity in Victoria when I was in Calgary and made the move myself in the summer of 2008 (there were other factors at play, but make no mistake, the weather was a huge draw).

it is what keeps my wife from wanting to move back

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly on the bold ... and you cant discount what the players might think about playing for Sutter as playing a role in them leaving Calgary ... and thats not some narrative. He has a history of going out based on players quitting on him because of the way he coaches.

I think if you could look up the phrase "coaching shelf life" Dutters picture would be right there. He can produce a winner but you need the right mix of players who will buy into his system... and after a while it seems like it gets to be too much for some players.

Im not absolving Huberdeau. He hasnt been good enough. But you didnt really expect him to agree with the substance of what Walsh was getting at in his tweet, did you?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly on the bold ... and you cant discount what the players might think about playing for Sutter as playing a role in them leaving Calgary ... and thats not some narrative. He has a history of going out based on players quitting on him because of the way he coaches.

I think if you could look up the phrase "coaching shelf life" Dutters picture would be right there. He can produce a winner but you need the right mix of players who will buy into his system... and after a while it seems like it gets to be too much for some players.

Im not absolving Huberdeau. He hasnt been good enough. But you didnt really expect him to agree with the substance of what Walsh was getting at in his tweet, did you?

No, I pretty much expected Huby to say what he said today lol. And you're right, Dutter has a short shelf life and that is certainly well documented. I for one was certainly more surprised at Johnny leaving than Matthew, I didn't see Tkachuk staying in Calgary any longer than he had to. I thought Johnny was going to re-sign though, it certainly seemed that the Flames met his contract demands based on reports.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how the Flames get out to a 2-0 lead, Dube gets run into the boards from behind, ref right there, no call.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - Nice flop Halak but it worked because refs are bad and game management.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda funny that both the former NHL players (Bieksa and Hrudey) think that Huby had no knowledge of the Walsh tweet while Elliotte holds firm to the belief that Huby at least knew that Walsh was going to send a tweet.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda funny that both the former NHL players (Bieksa and Hrudey) think that Huby had no knowledge of the Walsh tweet while Elliotte holds firm to the belief that Huby at least knew that Walsh was going to send a tweet.
Friedman seemed mad too.. he's dead wrong on this one

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs call an incredibly weak interference call on Kadri that the Rangers tie on the PP, but don't call a trip on Huby late with the game tied.