• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lanny wishes his stache was red these days - Also, love Joe Mullen.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting. Don't know anything about Philp but I know that they had an excellent season on that team. Canadian university hockey is really good out west. The teams are full of 21-24 year old ex WHL players. Obvisouly the elite NHL level talents don't go that route but some pretty good junior guys do. Top to bottom a team like the U of A is likely just as good as most teams in the W.

That being said these guys almost never make the NHL so good luck to Luke.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Don't know anything about Philp but I know that they had an excellent season on that team. Canadian university hockey is really good out west. The teams are full of 21-24 year old ex WHL players. Obvisouly the elite NHL level talents don't go that route but some pretty good junior guys do. Top to bottom a team like the U of A is likely just as good as most teams in the W.

That being said these guys almost never make the NHL so good luck to Luke.

Derek Ryan went that route - After playing for Bill Peters in Spokane, he went undrafted so he played four years coincidentally at the University of Alberta. He signed a free agent deal with Carolina and obviously Bill Peters had a hand in convincing Treliving to bring him to Calgary.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Ryan went that route - After playing for Bill Peters in Spokane, he went undrafted so he played four years coincidentally at the University of Alberta. He signed a free agent deal with Carolina and obviously Bill Peters had a hand in convincing Treliving to bring him to Calgary.

Yeah. There are a few but not many. Steve Rucchin had a good career out of Canadian uni hockey.

The quality of play is really good. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more of these every year. At the very least Philp will probably be an AHL player. Every team needs those.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. There are a few but not many. Steve Rucchin had a good career out of Canadian uni hockey.

The quality of play is really good. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more of these every year. At the very least Philp will probably be an AHL player. Every team needs those.

Yup, I just look at it as a free asset and you just never know what might happen down the road. I just like the fact that the Flames are in the running for some of these USports and NCAA free agents.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I just look at it as a free asset and you just never know what might happen down the road. I just like the fact that the Flames are in the running for some of these USports and NCAA free agents.

There are guys who just blossom after their draft year. Eric Robinson of the Jackets went undrafted also. Just wasn't on anyone's radar. Spent 4 years out in Princeton and the Jackets grabbed him. He's challenging Bjorkstrand for playing time right now. Next year when Bjork likely moves to 1LW, E-Rob should be 2-3 LW.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel bad if The Colonel torches the Flames tonight - he's been on fire this year and even picked up his first career power play goal on Saturday night.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to back up those words with some fancy backwards skating, Drew

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
z - Calgary Flames

Never would have thought that at the start of the season.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doughty is a gawky bitchboy.

He was at it again last night, took a run at rookie dman Valamaki (who just returned to the big club following a conditioning stint in the AHL) and then Bennett gave him a love tap to let him know that type of garbage won't go unanswered. Later, do you think Doughty decides to answer the bell against Bennett, nope he gets Macdermid to do his dirty work for him. The scary thing is Doughty is only 29 and his game has fallen off big time, hey Drew, you might want to lay off the pastries and actually shed a few pounds, you can't get by on talent alone anymore.

/A cap hit of 11 shmill per season through 2027, enjoy that one Kings.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
The scary thing is Doughty is only 29 and his game has fallen off big time, hey Drew, you might want to lay off the pastries and actually shed a few pounds, you can't get by on talent alone anymore.

/A cap hit of 11 shmill per season through 2027, enjoy that one Kings.
shades of dustin brown