• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it looked relatively clean, based on that short clip.

I didn't like it because Brodie was in the vulnerable area where guys know if they follow through on a hit they can really injure someone. The way Brodie's head hits the end glass is tough to watch, that easily could be a concussion.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it looked relatively clean, based on that short clip.
I just spent all day Saturday in a USA hockey coaching clinic talking about the kinds of hits they want to get out of the game. Obviously, they can't get NHL players to stop doing it, so they are focusing on getting kids to face consequences for stuff like this. At the NHL level, it's barely a penalty. In youth hockey, that's 2 and 10.

- Puck is gone
- Pasta made no attempt to play the puck
- He traveled a long way to make the hit, and committed to it even after he saw the puck moved
- His stick was above his waist

What they would want us to teach is Pasta could have turned in the direction the puck went and shouldered Brodie as he went by to make sure he his ability to pursue was disrupted.

And yes, we're expecting the parents to be completely okay with this.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attrition is probably the only way this leaves the game but that has to be coupled with increased enforcement and higher penalties. Otherwise when players get to this level they just start picking up habits from the “vets” and it goes nowhere.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs signed Nick Ritchie for $2 mil, Simmonds for $900k, have Mikhayev on the books for $1.7 mil and healthy scratch Justin Holl for $2 mil.

Instead of trading a first rounder for the corpse of Nick Foligno they could’ve traded that for Connor Garland, signed him to the contract he has now, let Holl go at the expansion draft and saved money for another defensive upgrade.

I wish I knew Dubas’ vision for this team because they don’t play big, they are void of talent outside the big 4 and when they don’t produce either Spezza saves their asses or they collapse, and their 1D can’t play D and is paired with a guy they’re actively trying to trade for some reason. Nothing makes sense here.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Leafs signed Nick Ritchie for $2 mil, Simmonds for $900k, have Mikhayev on the books for $1.7 mil and healthy scratch Justin Holl for $2 mil.

Instead of trading a first rounder for the corpse of Nick Foligno they could’ve traded that for Connor Garland, signed him to the contract he has now, let Holl go at the expansion draft and saved money for another defensive upgrade.

I wish I knew Dubas’ vision for this team because they don’t play big, they are void of talent outside the big 4 and when they don’t produce either Spezza saves their asses or they collapse, and their 1D can’t play D and is paired with a guy they’re actively trying to trade for some reason. Nothing makes sense here.
in order to get Garland, we also had to take OEL's gazzilion $ forever contract.
don't think you can separate the two.

granted, we gave phoenix and big bag of shit in return, so maybe you could have done better there.. lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in order to get Garland, we also had to take OEL's gazzilion $ forever contract.
don't think you can separate the two.

granted, we gave phoenix and big bag of shit in return, so maybe you could have done better there.. lol
The talk around the deadline was that the Leafs had big interest in Garland but went for the grit and veteran leadership of Foligno.

It might've taken a bit more than a 1st rounder but then again they had to throw in a third to get Foligno lol :L

/Hall went for a second rounder, in case anybody's forgotten.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

No this would have been terrible. It worked out perfectly the way it was. Especially since Corson Ceulemans fell to that spot.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t fucking believe this guy. Marner and JT are fucking lighting it up and Matthews isn’t scoring on chances from Willy because his wrist is still recovering you fucking idiot. This is not the time to go back to the combos that didn’t work.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t fucking believe this guy. Marner and JT are fucking lighting it up and Matthews isn’t scoring on chances from Willy because his wrist is still recovering you fucking idiot. This is not the time to go back to the combos that didn’t work.

Just to be clear, you're ripping on Keefe right?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit from Jonas THIS FUCKING MORNING lmao these guys are all signed for next season.

/Dreger already speculating about a Kase offer sheet in 2023 lol