• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auston will be paid regardless of a lockout.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh model, my ass!! (sorry, had to do it)

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is typically how negotiations go, no?

And he's definitely entitled to think that highly of himself - he's on pace to lead the team in scoring for a second consecutive year. But there's definitely going to have to be some coming down from that number, and even if he wants to test the RFA market a team would be nuts to give him that much and I'd probably just thank them for the draft picks if an actual offer sheet in that territory came through (it won't).

Agreed, and have no problem with starting there. I hope they handle it like AM34's camp did, instead of the circus the Willy process became. By waiting until the offseason though, I think the latter is more likely. Time will tell.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK deal for the Leafs.

Great deal for Matthews.

Bad deal for NHL fans who don't want a lockout (these signing bonuses up front is going to be what the owners go after because the dumb fucks can't help themselves).

Nice deal for Mitch Marner and his agent.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three guesses:

A. Steve Simmons
B. Damien Cox
C. Nick Kypreos

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three guesses:

A. Steve Simmons
B. Damien Cox
C. Nick Kypreos

BogusFormalGermanspaniel-small.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to play the new game that's sweeping the nation - Compare and Contrast - First up is Auston Matthews vs. Connor McDavid.

Auston Matthews:

DyrIBuJW0AARfl-.jpg

Connor McDavid:

xnvkwp.png

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch's agent year to date: We aren't going to negotiate in-season.

Mitch's agent after Matthews signs: THEY AREN'T NEGOTIATING FAIRLY!

Agent: ‘So far they’ve been trying to lowball (Marner)’ - TSN.ca

:doh:

"Mitch helped them out on the entry level deal" :eek:

I am all for negotiating hard, but this guy is crying like a little whiny beeyatch. Already.

News flash: Auston was going to make bank. Auston had been negotiating. There is a website called capfriendly.com where you can get relevant info. Conclusion to any sane person: whichever of the two signed first would likely be leaving a rapidly emptying beer stein behind for the other guy.

Anyone with two function brain cells could see this one coming. Whining now is NOT going to get you $11M from the Leafs or any other team via offer sheet.

Advice to Mitch: Dude, you got some lame reps there. Might want to switch things up a bit.

Advice to Leafs Nation: When this goes sour, and it will, don't take it out on Mitch. He is getting bad advice.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:

"Mitch helped them out on the entry level deal" :eek:

I am all for negotiating hard, but this guy is crying like a little whiny beeyatch. Already.

News flash: Auston was going to make bank. Auston had been negotiating. There is a website called capfriendly.com where you can get relevant info. Conclusion to any sane person: whichever of the two signed first would likely be leaving a rapidly emptying beer stein behind for the other guy.

Anyone with two function brain cells could see this one coming. Whining now is NOT going to get you $11M from the Leafs or any other team via offer sheet.

Advice to Mitch: Dude, you got some lame reps there. Might want to switch things up a bit.

Advice to Leafs Nation: When this goes sour, and it will, don't take it out on Mitch. He is getting bad advice.
If an offer sheet is what he's after (and I'm guessing now it was the agent who told Dreger "100% offer sheets are coming"), I'm sure the agent ranting in public on the day his teammate got his deal about getting "lowballed" is going to help that cause lol.

If you say you aren't going to negotiate in season and then say you're negotiating in season for the express purpose of making public your displeasure with those negotiations, you've already shown yourself to be an ass IMO. Nylander held out until 10 fucking minutes before the deadline to sign and we didn't hear a single word from his agents nor his family.

He can't get rid of the latter but Mitch should probably find new representation. I can't imagine anybody at Bell/Rogers, Shanny or Dubas finding this amusing.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god this guy is paid to negotiate 8 figure contracts for people.

Yes, the comments you made about the contract Auston Matthews signed 21 hours ago were from the summer lol

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK deal for the Leafs.

Great deal for Matthews.

Bad deal for NHL fans who don't want a lockout (these signing bonuses up front is going to be what the owners go after because the dumb fucks can't help themselves).

Nice deal for Mitch Marner and his agent.

If Mitch wants to compare himself to Matthews I'd tell him at the bar that there are a whole bunch of RFA wingers who are much better comparables and if he wants huge money he can wait and we can all see what they get this offseason. The longer you wait the more numbers come in and the better it gets (unless you think Point or Rantanen are signing $90 million offer sheets or something).

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If an offer sheet is what he's after (and I'm guessing now it was the agent who told Dreger "100% offer sheets are coming"), I'm sure the agent ranting in public on the day his teammate got his deal about getting "lowballed" is going to help that cause lol.

If you say you aren't going to negotiate in season and then say you're negotiating in season for the express purpose of making public your displeasure with those negotiations, you've already shown yourself to be an ass IMO. Nylander held out until 10 fucking minutes before the deadline to sign and we didn't hear a single word from his agents nor his family.

He can't get rid of the latter but Mitch should probably find new representation. I can't imagine anybody at Bell/Rogers, Shanny or Dubas finding this amusing.

It has never been easy with this family. Every single step of the way. I trust the organization/executives to handle it but fuck man, like I said it has always been like this. Toxic.