• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy IRONy out of Pittsburgh

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we don't have any truculence to speak of.
i mean, Beagle's kind of big, but doesn't play like it.

Dash should be salivating at the faint whisper of hope that Burke sees Lucic as the answer

Please don't misconstrue this that I want to keep Lucic etc. but at least he's starting to make some small contributions and is not making egregious errors over the last few games. He was probably hurt by having no real training camp or exhibition games and now looks like he's getting up to speed.

/Speed in his case is slow (upgraded from very slow).

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Please don't misconstrue this that I want to keep Lucic etc. but at least he's starting to make some small contributions and is not making egregious errors over the last few games. He was probably hurt by having no real training camp or exhibition games and now looks like he's getting up to speed.

/Speed in his case is slow (upgraded from very slow).
i watched two periods last night.

he injured a person with a hit from behind.
got dangled for a goal against
but no giveaways, so point taken.

I expect a bunch tomorrow night then.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks HOF GMJR! :L Looked good in Iowa already and will be on the NHL roster soon.

Just imagine if they still had Hornqvist right now (IE...didn't make the Zucker deal) and no need for Matheson. We could have had the opportunity of having PO Joseph, Marino and him on the blue line.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg this is going to be SO GOOD. LONG PANTS HOCKEY!!!!!!

I love it when old people try to use the young folk slang that isn't even all that current and still screw it up. I'm guessing he means they need to wear "big boy pants"?

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when old people try to use the young folk slang that isn't even all that current and still screw it up. I'm guessing he means they need to wear "big boy pants"?
Didn’t even think about that but it makes sense. I just thought WTF does that even mean? Long pants hockey? Never heard of her.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the article in the ongoing thread talking about bad contracts...

JEFF SKINNER

The Skinner contract is one of a number of reasons why we’re referring to Jason Botterill as ‘former Sabres GM’ these days. And perhaps that’s not fair because he would have been roasted for letting Skinner go after a 40-goal season in 2018-19. But 14 goals last season and zero in 10 games this season? As the kids say, woof. But the good news is the Sabres are on the hook for only $9 million in cap space (which represents 11 percent of their allotment), this season and for the next six after that. And he has a complete no-move clause, which means the Sabres have to use up one of their roster spots on him for the expansion draft. Sometimes it’s just better to let a guy walk.

Isn't it oof (no 'w')?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JEFF SKINNER

The Skinner contract is one of a number of reasons why we’re referring to Jason Botterill as ‘former Sabres GM’ these days. And perhaps that’s not fair because he would have been roasted for letting Skinner go after a 40-goal season in 2018-19. But 14 goals last season and zero in 10 games this season? As the kids say, woof. But the good news is the Sabres are on the hook for only $9 million in cap space (which represents 11 percent of their allotment), this season and for the next six after that. And he has a complete no-move clause, which means the Sabres have to use up one of their roster spots on him for the expansion draft. Sometimes it’s just better to let a guy walk.

Isn't it oof (no 'w')?
The kids say that it "be ill" or it's "wack". C'mon dash.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JEFF SKINNER

Isn't if oof (no 'w')?

I don't know but I'm finna find out

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Daddy-O that Skinner contract is made in the shade.
They can't burn rubber fast enough to get rid of that one.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't seem possible that Sid is the first to play 1000 games for the Pens.
I know it does seem odd. To note Malkin is #2 at 922, #3 Lemieux 915 #4 Letang 822.

Out of curiosity looking at the other teams that came in the league at the same time:
Flyers: Bobby Clark 1144, #2 Barber 903, #3 Giroux 902 and #4 Propp 790.
Kings: Dustin Brown 1198, #2 D Taylor 1111, #3 Kopitar 1088 and #4 Robitaille 1077
Stars/NorthStars/Seals (merger): #1 Modano 1459, #2 Broten 992, #3 Lehtinen 875 and #4 Zubov 839.
Blues: #1 Federko 927, #2 Jackman 803, #3 Sutter 779 and #4 Steen 765.

Amazingly they line up with the Flyers on average but a lot worse than the Kings. I would have thought out of the group the Flyers/Penguins would have been the highest on avg and not the Kings.