• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt now that things will greatly Improve in Edmonton now. Smarter decisions will be made and this teams rebuild will truly begin. this was the plan the entire last 4 years once McDavid got on the radar. Id bet real money this team gets way better and FAST and not just because of McD

Does Bob clean house? This is actually worse news than the Oil landing McDavid as Nicholson is a sharp guy.

Daryl Katz, Chairman of Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) announced today Bob Nicholson has been appointed Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. Nicholson, who joined the organization as Vice-Chair in June of 2014, will take over an expanded set of responsibilities within OEG that includes authority over all aspects of business and hockey operations for the Edmonton Oilers Hockey Club. Mr. Nicholson will continue to serve as an Alternate Governor for the Edmonton Oilers on the NHL Board of Governors.

“Since joining OEG, Bob has devoted his time to assessing all aspects of the organization,” said Mr. Katz. “Going forward, he will have clear responsibility for OEG’s growing sports and entertainment business, and all the support and latitude he needs from me to lead the Oilers back to being a Stanley Cup contender. Bob is the ideal person to lead the organization forward. He is a bold thinker, a strong consensus builder and a very fine individual.”

“Daryl hired me to build a winning organization. We have a lot of work to do, but we know what we need to do to get there,” said Mr. Nicholson. “We have great people in this organization and we are firmly committed to rewarding our fans for their extraordinary patience and support. It is going to be an exciting year for our organization and the City in the lead up to the opening of Rogers Place.”

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not good...

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
Breaking from myself and @SportsnetSpec -- Peter Chiarelli in Edmonton meeting with the Oilers. More to come..

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
Chiarelli will meet with Oilers today. Assuming he is interviewing for GM job, but that is unconfirmed. @FriedgeHNIC

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well, we'll always have 2007 through 2015 to look back on with fond memories...

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax people it's not like Chiarelli is a genius. He traded away Tyler Seguin. A deal which the Bruins & their fans should already regret.
He did successfully build a team that won a SC and got them to another final.

That's a heck of a lot more than most GMs can claim.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did successfully build a team that won a SC and got them to another final.

That's a heck of a lot more than most GMs can claim.

He also failed miserably to have any idea as to how his team would react after he traded Johnny Boychuk. I realize he had to trade somebody, but the Boychuk trade had a major impact on the Bruins missing the playoffs. He should have traded Ericsson instead.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i'm guessing MacT will be out?

Shanny, LOOK THE FUCK AWAY!

The Oilers need to clean house. Every single former player who is a part of their organization should be let go. They need a complete overhaul. A new outlook on the game. A new philosophy on developing players.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oilers need to clean house. Every single former player who is a part of their organization should be let go. They need a complete overhaul. A new outlook on the game. A new philosophy on developing players.

You shut your dirty whore mouth!

:D

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48CJzUo.png

Poll in the Edmonton Sun - Flames fans are having their say (lol)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48CJzUo.png

Poll in the Edmonton Sun - Flames fans are having their say (lol)
Or Lowe/MacT have paid off interneters.

I'd like to take this time to thank an anonymous donor wearing an Oilers jersey for paying for my gas this morning.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Lowe/MacT have paid off interneters.

I'd like to take this time to thank an anonymous donor wearing an Oilers jersey for paying for my gas this morning.

Well, Lowe especially has a gestapo-like control of the Edmonton media - Put it this way, I wouldn't put it past the two of them (lol).