• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So MacT is now the interim interim coach? :noidea:

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MacT's comments on coaching in the press conference 10 days ago.

"What good would that do? We've had four head coaches in the last five years. I've been here for most of them. The messages that these coaches sent to the players were all very similar. It is the players who need to respond. The problem here is not coaching. We need to stop the revolving door, establish some stability, and send a message to the players that the staff is not going anywhere. It's the players that need to be looking in the mirror."

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe: Over the years I've had to let a lot of people go. Pat Quinn, Tom Renney, MacT, Scott Howson, Ralph Kruger, MacT, Dallas Eakins, MacT... Uhhh DASH?!?! You didn't hear that last one from me, OK??

[YOUTUBE]KV-GJ9iNX8g[/YOUTUBE]

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Taylor Hall in play?

Bruce Arthur @bruce_arthur
.@DarrenDreger, on TSN Drive right now, just said he expects Taylor Hall to be in play between now and the trade deadline.

Hope_Smoke
‏@Hope_Smoke
Dreger said he believes Taylor Hall will be shopped/discussed. Said Hall isn't willing to adapt. Dreger said he's choosing words carefully

Hope_Smoke
‏@Hope_Smoke
Dreger on TSN Radio "Taylor Hall from a culture standpoint, not a on the ice standpoint hasn't been what they thought he would be"

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Hall is the Canadian version of Alex Ovechkin, great offensive player, but doesn't seem to care very much about the defensive side of the game. Whether that is coaching or just part of the player makeup (in both cases) is the question. That all said, Tayor Hall would garner plenty of interest if he was on the market.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall is a heck of a player. I honestly don't know how you go about proper evaluating his proficiencies and his limitations long-term when we have haven't seen how his game would look with an NHL team.

Only half-joking. Maybe like 75% serious actually. OK I'm like 99% serious.

Serious_Dog_Is_Serious.jpg

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Hall is the Canadian version of Alex Ovechkin, great offensive player, but doesn't seem to care very much about the defensive side of the game. Whether that is coaching or just part of the player makeup (in both cases) is the question. That all said, Tayor Hall would garner plenty of interest if he was on the market.

And yet, George McPhee and Adam Oates (now Trotz) have figured out a way to put players and a system around OV where you don't need him to be Jere Lehtinen.

What have the Oil done for Hall? Other than bitch about him, that is...

29 other teams would KILL for Hall's talent. So Lowe was apparently partially right about that "'everyone would like to switch rosters with the Oilers" thing

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger No way Eakins, MacTavish or anyone associated with the Oil 18 months ago would have anticipated the holes in their lineup now.

Oh really Darren - I think this board has been pointing out the holes in the Oilers lineup since we came here in April 2010. Just because the Oilers brain trust can't see them (or aren't willing to admit there are holes in the lineup) doesn't mean the rest of us are blinded by the truth.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Hall to the NYI for Ryan Strome, Griffin Reinhart, and a 1st round pick - Tavares gets a young sniper on his wing, Oilers get some nice pieces to rebuild the rebuild of a rebuild.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Hall to the NYI for Ryan Strome, Griffin Reinhart, and a 1st round pick - Tavares gets a young sniper on his wing, Oilers get some nice pieces to rebuild the rebuild of a rebuild.

Wonder if Buffalo would be a destination - Tyler Myers as one of the pieces most likely

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isles don't have a 1st this year which, given the strength of this draft, might be a sticking point.

Pretty solid deal for both teams, IMO.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Kenny, that's right, I forgot that the Sabres have that Isles pick - Okay, change it to a 2nd round pick (or maybe a 1st in 2016)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Arizona and Edmonton would be good trade partners - I don't know if Keith Yandle's the shutdown guy the Oilers need but he would be by far their best d-man and would give them a lot of help - maybe Yandle + for Taylor Hall

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Arizona and Edmonton would be good trade partners - I don't know if Keith Yandle's the shutdown guy the Oilers need but he would be by far their best d-man and would give them a lot of help - maybe Yandle + for Taylor Hall

I just can't see the Oil trading Hall to a division rival and watching him pour pucks past the Professor period by period.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see the Oil trading Hall to a division rival and watching him pour pucks past the Professor period by period.

True, but I think at the end of the day, when you're a horrible franchise, you should be looking for the best deal possible and if it means trading in the division then do it

Besides, as much shit that the Oilers are talking about Taylor Hall, if he's not that great and you don't want him, why be scared to move him in the division? That's what I don't get about a lot of trades, teams are worried about trading in the division because they're worried about players beating them later on but if they're not good enough to be on your team then make the best deal possible, even if it means being in the division