• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
This is going to end well...

IMG-0789.jpg
Proving once again that great players = shitty coaches

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Tocchet the exception? 440 goals and 48 points shy of 1000 for his career, those are damn fine numbers.
At no point in his career was Tocchet considered great though. Good, sure.

He also has 1 playoff appearance in 7 seasons head coaching (Covid bubble in which the Coyotes may have been the worst team in that tournament) and got a lot of credit for the Pens back to back Cups in which their goalie went Hasek mode.

Can argue he was in charge of bad teams and couldn’t have done much better and he’s doing well so far in Van (with a Vezina caliber goalie, again) but a bit of a stretch crowning him anything other than average at this point.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At no point in his career was Tocchet considered great though. Good, sure.

He also has 1 playoff appearance in 7 seasons head coaching (Covid bubble in which the Coyotes may have been the worst team in that tournament) and got a lot of credit for the Pens back to back Cups in which their goalie went Hasek mode.

Can argue he was in charge of bad teams and couldn’t have done much better and he’s doing well so far in Van (with a Vezina caliber goalie, again) but a bit of a stretch crowning him anything other than average at this point.

I forgot to include that he was 28 PIM shy of 3000 - That's almost 50 games in the sinbin lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the Oilers and I found this little gem of a statistic...

Oilers 1-11-1 this season when scoring 3 goals or fewer.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane got away with another hit from behind into the end boards tonight...Well done NHL officials.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Oilers lost three straight games before winning 8 straight and now have lost three straight games again. Keep spinning those tires fellas.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it’s the coach… again

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody did the work for me, so this is shamelessly stolen:

The day before their 8 game winning streak started, on November 23rd - they were 10 points out of a wild card spot, 7 points out of ninth.

They got their long winning streak...

and now they are 7 points out of a wildcard spot, and have passed only ONE team in the standings. They would need to pass 5 more teams to get into a playoff spot.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody did the work for me, so this is shamelessly stolen:

The day before their 8 game winning streak started, on November 23rd - they were 10 points out of a wild card spot, 7 points out of ninth.

They got their long winning streak...

and now they are 7 points out of a wildcard spot, and have passed only ONE team in the standings. They would need to pass 5 more teams to get into a playoff spot.

Death, Taxes and Dash enjoying the the misfortune of the Oilers..... Some things will never stop lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death, Taxes and Dash enjoying the the misfortune of the Oilers..... Some things will never stop lol

My Oilers buddies were chirping up a storm during that 8 game winning streak - It's been pretty quiet the last few days :D

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Oilers buddies were chirping up a storm during that 8 game winning streak - It's been pretty quiet the last few days :D
i have several family members living in Edmonton........ I can mattola this sentiment

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger's hitting the egg nog hard...

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reports a trade still seems to be most likely outcome for Broberg, but notes he could be moved as part of a bigger deal.

"It remains a curious situation for Philip Broberg. As we know, they're in win-now mode and he couldn't get into the lineup at the NHL level," Dreger said on Insider Trading. "Yet, you look at his [AHL] numbers – he's playing in Bakersfield and he's logging between 25 and 27 minutes per game. He wants to get back into the NHL. That's not likely in Edmonton, unless there's an injury, so trade seems the most likely.

"But here's an interesting twist: maybe it's not just Philip Broberg for an asset coming back to the Edmonton Oilers. Maybe Broberg becomes the sweetener so they can also move Jack Campbell's contract to free up a little bit of cap space. So, Broberg is a commodity, and it seems like that commodity is growing higher day by day."

Selected eighth overall by the Oilers in 2019 draft, Broberg has no points in 10 games with Edmonton this season and one goal and four points in eight AHL games.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger's hitting the egg nog hard...

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reports a trade still seems to be most likely outcome for Broberg, but notes he could be moved as part of a bigger deal.

"It remains a curious situation for Philip Broberg. As we know, they're in win-now mode and he couldn't get into the lineup at the NHL level," Dreger said on Insider Trading. "Yet, you look at his [AHL] numbers – he's playing in Bakersfield and he's logging between 25 and 27 minutes per game. He wants to get back into the NHL. That's not likely in Edmonton, unless there's an injury, so trade seems the most likely.

"But here's an interesting twist: maybe it's not just Philip Broberg for an asset coming back to the Edmonton Oilers. Maybe Broberg becomes the sweetener so they can also move Jack Campbell's contract to free up a little bit of cap space. So, Broberg is a commodity, and it seems like that commodity is growing higher day by day."

Selected eighth overall by the Oilers in 2019 draft, Broberg has no points in 10 games with Edmonton this season and one goal and four points in eight AHL games.
Looking at teams near the bottom and at Campbell’s buyout hit, if it’s part of a bigger deal and Edmonton’s first is attached it’s not an awful proposition.

The Oilers’ roster needs some serious in-season surgery here.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at teams near the bottom and at Campbell’s buyout hit, if it’s part of a bigger deal and Edmonton’s first is attached it’s not an awful proposition.

The Oilers’ roster needs some serious in-season surgery here.

The bolded part is the key though and I think they would have to be willing to part with it to get any team to take on Campbell.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers are in an absolute no win here with everything at risk... McDavid and The Draisital must be getting to their limit. They cannot blow this team up and have to find a way out with the way this team is rostered now. They may have to risk the next 2 or 3 years top picks to get out of this which like dash I hope they never do.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers are in an absolute no win here with everything at risk... McDavid and The Draisital must be getting to their limit. They cannot blow this team up and have to find a way out with the way this team is rostered now. They may have to risk the next 2 or 3 years top picks to get out of this which like dash I hope they never do.

It would be a very interesting development if Draisaitl ended up being traded as I would love to see the reaction of Oilers fans when he slew-foots or chicken-wings a guy wearing the copper and blue.