• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day before he was officially introduced as a member of the Edmonton Oilers, Evander Kane detailed an altercation he had with former Sharks associate coach Rocky Thompson last season after the two had a disagreement during one of the team’s power-play meetings.

In an interview with TSN in Canada that aired Thursday, Kane said he was challenged to a fight by the coach at one point last season after a power-play meeting. Kane didn’t say the coach’s name, but Thompson was a Sharks associate last season responsible for the Sharks’ power play.

“We were just giving our opinions on what we can do better, and I gave my opinion at one point in time, and I think our assistant coach, he maybe didn’t agree with it,” Kane said with a small laugh. “Anyway, the meeting was over, we’re all kind of getting ready, chatting afterward, and he comes back into the locker room with his shirt off, flexing and kind of being all hype and whatnot, and challenging me to a fight.

“So it was interesting. I actually didn’t respond. Some of the guys are laughing, thought it was funny. I thought he was joking around, to be honest. I didn’t think he was being serious. It was surprising for an assistant coach to do that.”

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane opens the scoring in Montreal lol
Between the habs drafting that kid last year and the Oilers signing Kane it really brings to light how full of shit this league is to progressive actions..

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McWondeful and Draisaitl on the ice together for a 2 minute 30 second shift. But...but...I've been reading about how much better their depth is now :noidea:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nurse on for the last 2:40 of OT - Good thing they added Evander Kane to help the defense corps.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Oilers' upcoming schedule and I think there's a pretty good chance they're completely out of this thing by the end of February. 9 of their 12 games are against Washington, Vegas, LA, Anaheim, Winnipeg, Minny, TB, Florida and Carolina. Calgary and Dallas' schedules by comparison are pretty weak (save a H&H for Dallas vs. Colorado). Vancouver, SJ and Winnipeg likewise should have a good shot in most of their games (less so for the Canucks if they start dismantling early). There's a few H2H with Edmonton for those teams as well that basically have to be must wins for the Oilers.

If Holland's going to get them a goalie it pretty much needs to happen today for it to be of any use.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you BBB, I just wonder with what cap room are they going to acquire a goalie that can provide the goaltending they need? The only other option is to trade a forward and since they're not going to move #97 or @29, that leaves RNH.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you BBB, I just wonder with what cap room are they going to acquire a goalie that can provide the goaltending they need? The only other option is to trade a forward and since they're not going to move #97 or @29, that leaves RNH.
The trick is probably overpaying for whatever goalie comes back so they take Koskinen in return, which isn't a bad trade if the goalie coming back is actually good and has a bit of term left. The problem there is I honestly can't pick a goalie out of the field of options that matches any of that. Only guy that comes to mind is Varlamov but he has a 16 team NTC that almost certainly has Edmonton on it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Holland's going to get them a goalie it pretty much needs to happen today for it to be of any use.

The trick is probably overpaying for whatever goalie comes back so they take Koskinen in return, which isn't a bad trade if the goalie coming back is actually good and has a bit of term left. The problem there is I honestly can't pick a goalie out of the field of options that matches any of that. Only guy that comes to mind is Varlamov but he has a 16 team NTC that almost certainly has Edmonton on it.
tombstone-huckleberry.gif