• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling they aren't going to buy out either Neal or Koskinen, either.

Instead of having over $30 million in cap space to build one hell of a roster they're going to have $15 million with a fossil on their top D pair.

It's all just so fucking bad. I don't understand how some of these managers are so terrible at this.

what do we know anyway....

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Currently, the Oilers have their 1st round pick for the upcoming entry draft, but no 2nd or 3rd round picks. It is borderline criminal how they're burning through the McDavid years and still the team is showing no signs of improvement (in fact, you could argue they are regressing going into next season).
they are still in the same re-build that saw Sam Gagner drafted

to put it into context, next year the re-build will be able to get its drivers' license.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do we know anyway....

Ugh, I always hate this line of thinking. Ok I get it, as a fan I don't have all the answers but I could certainly spot the glaringly wrong answers. I don't know the capital of Uzbekistan but if you're telling me it's New York City I know you're wrong. Ken Holland is saying New York is the capital of Uzbekistan right now.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, I always hate this line of thinking. Ok I get it, as a fan I don't have all the answers but I could certainly spot the glaringly wrong answers. I don't know the capital of Uzbekistan but if you're telling me it's New York City I know you're wrong. Ken Holland is saying New York is the capital of Uzbekistan right now.
Uzbekistan, eh?
Singapore Honolulu Chengdu and Tashkent. Seems like a reasonable case for the next expansion teams.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which brings us to Duncan Keith. He’s had a great career, arguably the best player on a 3-time champion in the cap era. But at 38 he’s completely washed, and the Blackhawks were stuck with the tail end of his contract. Worse for Chicago, he demanded a trade to a team near his son’s home in British Columbia, and by all accounts Seattle had little interest and Calgary and Vancouver none — not surprising, since Keith is expensive, has two years left on his contract, and was one of the worst regular defensemen in the league last year — leaving the Blackhawks with only Edmonton as a trading partner and hence no leverage. If Chicago was going to dump this contract, you’d think, they’d have to play big.

But enter the Edmonton Oilers, who have managed to parlay backing into the greatest player to enter the league since Sidney Crosby and another superstar (and, when this began, another young future MVP who they traded for nickels on the dollar) into one playoff series win in six seasons. This has happened because the Oilers are run by the kind of doddering old farts who look at a team that looks great when its two stars are on the ice and gets its brains beat out when they’re not and sees the problem as McDavid and Draisaitl lacking “leadership.” And so, you ask for a miracle, I give you Ken Holland:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan Keith in, Adam Larsson out - Keep up the fine work, Holland.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan Keith in, Adam Larsson out - Keep up the fine work, Holland.
Adam Larsson is exactly the type of player that Keith needs to babysit him. How did Holland build cup winning teams? Was it luck?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Larsson is exactly the type of player that Keith needs to babysit him. How did Holland build cup winning teams? Was it luck?

Who was the super scout in Sweden that was finding guys like Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Franzen, and Datsyuk?!? He was doing yeoman's work for the Red Wings.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can this still be so bad after all these years?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can this still be so bad after all these years?

We would trade them Korpisalo but besides the big three there is nothing at all that I want.

Maybe Bear, but there are many better choices for us to fill in the hole on defense we're about to have.