• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
City of Champions and Large Parking Lots!

Canada mall sets parking-lot record - HISTORY

"What we have done means you don’t have to go to New York or Paris or Disneyland or Hawaii,” he said. “We have it all here for you in one place, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada!”

Suck it Hawaii, you don't even have a hockey team!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
City of Champions and Large Parking Lots!

Canada mall sets parking-lot record - HISTORY

"What we have done means you don’t have to go to New York or Paris or Disneyland or Hawaii,” he said. “We have it all here for you in one place, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada!”

Suck it Hawaii, you don't even have a hockey team!

I was gonna go see Stonehenge, the Tower of London and the Eiffel tower next summer. But that was before I knew about this.

lol at this:
Though the mall has held the world’s largest parking-lot record for years, some people argue that it shouldn’t: Because the lot is half indoors and half outdoors, they say, it’s actually not one parking structure but two.

"Hey, Jeff, why so angry?"
"HALF THE PARKING SPOTS ARE INDOORS. THAT'S TWO FUCKING LOTS!!! NOT ONE!!"

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for @dash - does the Calgary/Edmonton rivalry (yes, i know, it's not really a rivalry when one town is so superior to the other) extend to the national parks? Is Banff like considered Calgary's park and Jasper Edmonton's? Just curious.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna go see Stonehenge, the Tower of London and the Eiffel tower next summer. But that was before I knew about this.

lol at this:
Though the mall has held the world’s largest parking-lot record for years, some people argue that it shouldn’t: Because the lot is half indoors and half outdoors, they say, it’s actually not one parking structure but two.

"Hey, Jeff, why so angry?"
"HALF THE PARKING SPOTS ARE INDOORS. THAT'S TWO FUCKING LOTS!!! NOT ONE!!"
I would so make this argument. Presence of a garage absolutely delineate between two separate lots. Jeff is on point.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for @dash - does the Calgary/Edmonton rivalry (yes, i know, it's not really a rivalry when one town is so superior to the other) extend to the national parks? Is Banff like considered Calgary's park and Jasper Edmonton's? Just curious.

I wouldn't say Banff is considered Calgary's park, but obviously the proximity to the park (just over an hour's drive away) and the fact that you can see the mountains from your downtown office in Calgary is certainly pretty cool. I've been to both and Jasper is a fine park in its own right (but it's a four hour drive away from Edmonton).

/If anything, Banff is considered China's park these days.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya but have you been to Edmonton? Have you seen this parking lot?! IT'S THE MOTHER OF PARKING LOTS!

I mean, I've seen A parking lot. ;)

Speaking of which, here's a photo after a LATE night at work from years back. This lot was near full when I left for work in the morning. When I returned, I somehow had literally the ONLY spot out of 100s that had to be backed out of...

2ymsuo7.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Banff is considered Calgary's park, but obviously the proximity to the park (just over an hour's drive away) and the fact that you can see the mountains from your downtown office in Calgary is certainly pretty cool. I've been to both and Jasper is a fine park in its own right (but it's a four hour drive away from Edmonton).

/If anything, Banff is considered China's park these days.

Lol. Fair enough. I thought the same thing when I was in Yellowstone a few years back.