• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Dowbiggin (man, he sure became irrelevant quickly) attempting to stir the pot...

How Long Will Connor McDavid Stay With A Loser?

Thanks dash. I opened that link and now I just want the last 3 minutes of my life back!!

Perhaps the worst excerpt (although there is a lot to choose from):

Then, in 2017, the playoffs beckoned. The Oil took out McLelland’s old team, the Sharks, in the first round. And while they fell in seven games in the next round to the Anaheim Ducks, any fool could see this was a team on the rise. Maybe even aimed (as this fool suggested) at a seventh Stanley Cup in franchise history.

What? Did the Oilers use their Cup in the Bank and nobody told me? Or is it because their Cup win would obviously come over the Maple Leafs and beating Austooon credits any team with two Cup wins? Help me out here.

FFS dash:

Youre-Better-Than-That.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Kenny, I thought Bruce Dowbiggin was enough of a disclaimer - Just because the guy has written a few books doesn't mean he's worth a click lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to have some hypothetical fun here, say the Oilers had kept the pick and drafted Barzal, kept Hall and kept Eberle. Say they hadn’t signed Lucic and Chiarelli gave the team two years under his watch to do his own rebuild. Their defence last season would’ve been a bit worse (although they could’ve overpaid a UFA in ’16 to take Larsson’s place with the Lucic money) but they would probably have had the highest-scoring offence in the league last season, and certainly a player or two (ie: Draisaitl) to move for a legit 1D, especially with all the craziness that happened around the expansion draft. They would then have Barzal step in this year to usurp RNH as the 2nd line C and recreate the magic the Isles are currently working with, would have a top line of McDavid and Hall, and still have RNH as a more attractive trade chip.

Had they hired Shero, or McPhee, or Louie Lams, or literally anybody other than Chia 3 years ago the Oilers might be the powerhouse everyone thought they’d be when they were gifted McDavid. Instead, they’re about as well-off today as they were the year Chia was hired.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am going to guess 7 more years at 12.5 mil per.

Had they hired Shero, or McPhee, or Louie Lams, or literally anybody other than Chia 3 years ago the Oilers might be the powerhouse everyone thought they’d be when they were gifted McDavid. Instead, they’re about as well-off today as they were the year Chia was hired.

I wish they'd have hired MacLean and had him share duties with Howson.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to have some hypothetical fun here, say the Oilers had kept the pick and drafted Barzal, kept Hall and kept Eberle. Say they hadn’t signed Lucic and Chiarelli gave the team two years under his watch to do his own rebuild. Their defence last season would’ve been a bit worse (although they could’ve overpaid a UFA in ’16 to take Larsson’s place with the Lucic money) but they would probably have had the highest-scoring offence in the league last season, and certainly a player or two (ie: Draisaitl) to move for a legit 1D, especially with all the craziness that happened around the expansion draft. They would then have Barzal step in this year to usurp RNH as the 2nd line C and recreate the magic the Isles are currently working with, would have a top line of McDavid and Hall, and still have RNH as a more attractive trade chip.

The thing is they didn't even have to pick Barzal if they'd kept the 16th overall. How good would Boeser look playing next to McD? Or Kyle Connor? Or they could have a legit #1 D prospect in Chabot if they wanted to build their back end.

2015 is turning into quite the draft year (even beyond McD and Eichel) and the Oilers pissed away their rights to it for a poor man's Jared Cowen. Ouch.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ Oh and they gave up 33rd overall as well which very easily could be Sebastian Aho or Brandon Carlo.

Could have:
Taylor Hall
Boeser
Carlo

Instead have:
Larsson
1 Griffin Reinhart signed plane/bus ticket from Bakersfield to Vegas

Their top six could easily be:
Lucic-McD-Boeser
Hall-Draisaitl-Eberle

and top 4 D:
Klefbom-Carlo
Nurse-Sekeres

Unreal mismanagement really.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ Oh and they gave up 33rd overall as well which very easily could be Sebastian Aho or Brandon Carlo.

Could have:
Taylor Hall
Boeser
Carlo

Instead have:
Larsson
1 Griffin Reinhart signed plane/bus ticket from Bakersfield to Vegas

Their top six could easily be:
Lucic-McD-Boeser
Hall-Draisaitl-Eberle

and top 4 D:
Klefbom-Carlo
Nurse-Sekeres

Unreal mismanagement really.

Nonsense!!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we all know that the way things have ACTUALLY played out they'll soon have a top 4 led by Rasmus Dahlin.

Chiarelli be like:

reece.JPG

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://SportsHoopla.com/y7qhhshn

23. The Oilers, by the way, were the only team who seriously pursued Jordan Oesterle coming out of Western Michigan in 2014. When I reported it at the time, there were several comments indicating he was a real, real longshot. Good for him. He stuck with it, and is now getting time with Duncan Keith on the Chicago blue line.

Lol.