• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Petry out, Sekera in, that's pretty much a wash. Is Griffin Reinhart a NHL defenseman? Will they rush Darnell Nurse into the NHL? How will Cam Talbot play without a solid Rangers defense in front of him? Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't look complete to me.

Reinhart's biggest problem going into last season was he bulked up to much. The positive is he knows this. Whether or not he can make the changes to his offseason workouts is the question. Even if he does I don't expect his skating to be greatly improved. I expect him to be a bottom pair defenseman in the NHL. I hope things work out for him & the Oilers.

This could be the second time Garth has FLEECED Edmonton. I'd like Chiarelli to continue to take Garth's phone calls.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Aaron Ward has blocked the OilersNation twitter account along with anyone who follows that account (lol)

CI6-c5IUkAAePpl.png:medium

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reinhart's biggest problem going into last season was he bulked up to much. The positive is he knows this. Whether or not he can make the changes to his offseason workouts is the question. Even if he does I don't expect his skating to be greatly improved. I expect him to be a bottom pair defenseman in the NHL. I hope things work out for him & the Oilers.

This could be the second time Garth has FLEECED Edmonton. I'd like Chiarelli to continue to take Garth's phone calls.

I see you've come around on this one. Part of me was hoping I was wrong about him because I kind of like the Isles, but now that he's been traded that's not a problem at all.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto's road signage isn't very helpful, either. A lot of visitors have complained that we aren't the easiest place to navigate which shouldn't be the case for a city on a very basic grid system.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're hanging Slats in effigy (nope, just in Edmonton):

The Edmonton Oilers announced today they will be raising a banner in Rexall Place to salute the achievements of legendary coach, general manager and executive Glen Sather.Fans attending the Edmonton Oilers December 11, 2015 game versus the New York Rangers will be part of a special night, as the Oilers welcome back Sather and honour his leadership that resulted in five Stanley Cup Championships for the organization.

Sather will become the ninth Oiler to have a banner raised by the team, joining Al Hamilton, Wayne Gretzky, Jari Kurri, Grant Fuhr, Paul Coffey, Mark Messier, Glenn Anderson and long-time radio broadcaster Rod Phillips in the hallowed rafters of Rexall Place.