• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always buy distressed properties kids!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Johansen gets some tough coaching a folds like a lawn chair. Perfect.

He's the star player but it seems he can't be the leader or take any criticism. He's a professional hockey player, I find it hard to believe he'd get all salty because the coach wants to send a messege to the team. Kissing his ass isn't what 99% of the players need to succeed especially at his age.

If he actually folded, I can see the argument. But he didn't. He was sat for no fucking reason, other than some arbitrary "message" - and a guy who led directly to two goals was allowed to finish the game out. He hit, won draws, made defensive plays when the D shit the bed. He controlled the PP and just missed a couple quality shots.

He was sat because it was only one of three things Tortorella knows how to do. And Johansen hasn't said anything, yet. But he's a young guy who wants to win, and he's played one way his whole life. How long is he going to stay content being blamed for shit he didn't do wrong while being expected to play like someone else? He is a professional hockey player. Let him be that.

RyJo is a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry distressed property right now ... value through the floor :nod:

Like that "bum" Gaborik, or that "piece of shit" Brad Richards. Neither one of those pussies amounted to anything.

Dion Phaneuf hits and blocks shots. Trade him for Dion.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Johansen gets some tough coaching a folds like a lawn chair. Perfect.

He's the star player but it seems he can't be the leader or take any criticism. He's a professional hockey player, I find it hard to believe he'd get all salty because the coach wants to send a messege to the team. Kissing his ass isn't what 99% of the players need to succeed especially at his age.

What is it with hockey fans in particular in thinking a guy is soft? First off, we have no evidence of whether or not the guy is a "poor leader". And it's not "folding under pressure", it's simply reacting negatively to being treated like shit. And it hasn't even freaking happened yet! There's absolutely nothing that Torts could've seen in two periods of hockey that should result in him sitting his star player. Nothing. I mean, if the Jackets trade Johansen, I sure won't be choked up about it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no he's not hes a bumbling idiot ... my point is i think there might be bigger idiots in cbus front office :noidea

/and Oprah is listening!!!
In reality, I think every GM is more dumb than not. People thought Chiarelli swindled the Leafs for Kessel, but then he traded the best piece he got in that trade for a K-Car and 1 free oil change. Then he got to Edmonton and traded a first round pick for a first round bust.

Lombardi was everybody's favourite genius for years and now we're wondering how the fuck he still has a job.

Bowman has been living off the fruits of Dale Tallon's labours for years and people think he's a magician.

These 3 GM's have also won the past 6 Stanley Cups.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug MacLean was calling Dougie Hamilton soft the other night - Hamilton for RyJo straight up?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality, I think every GM is more dumb than not. People thought Chiarelli swindled the Leafs for Kessel, but then he traded the best piece he got in that trade for a K-Car and 1 free oil change. Then he got to Edmonton and traded a first round pick for a first round bust.

Lombardi was everybody's favourite genius for years and now we're wondering how the fuck he still has a job.

Bowman has been living off the fruits of Dale Tallon's labours for years and people think he's a magician.

These 3 GM's have also won the past 6 Stanley Cups.

What's tough is that other GMs/teams adapt and excel, while these guys think the same formula will win it from year to year. Fact is, there's a whole lot of luck and breaks a team needs. Staying healthy is essential, and half the time you're merely a receipiant of the work of the guy before you. And then you make a mess and the next guy has to clean it up, but keeps the core that you created. On the contrary, I think every GM is basically a swindler, and they're constantly trying to subtly screw over someone else. No one is so good at that that they can be without a few losses.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad you're finally seeing the light.

FWIW, CBJ's next 3 are against the Avs, Devs and Caps. I'm predicting they take 2/3 and 5 pts.

I was thinking that they'll bounce back here. If they can't beat one of the Avs/Devils, they're in for a roughhhh year. Caps may take them to the woodshed if Bob doesn't see the light.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that they'll bounce back here. If they can't beat one of the Avs/Devils, they're in for a roughhhh year. Caps may take them to the woodshed if Bob doesn't see the light.
I only think they'll put up a fight against Washington because they played them tight last season - four 1-goal games and 5 pts out of 10. Like you said, it's up to Bob though. If they start to claw back now and gain some confidence 0-8 seems like a distant memory.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad you're finally seeing the light.

FWIW, CBJ's next 3 are against the Avs, Devs and Caps. I'm predicting they take 2/3 and 5 pts.

Not necessarily "seeing the light" as much at it is "probable strike".

5 pts in three games? TORTS IS GOD

Doug MacLean was calling Dougie Hamilton soft the other night - Hamilton for RyJo straight up?

Well, if anyone knows what ails the Jackets, it's MacLean.

What's tough is that other GMs/teams adapt and excel, while these guys think the same formula will win it from year to year. Fact is, there's a whole lot of luck and breaks a team needs. Staying healthy is essential, and half the time you're merely a receipiant of the work of the guy before you. And then you make a mess and the next guy has to clean it up, but keeps the core that you created. On the contrary, I think every GM is basically a swindler, and they're constantly trying to subtly screw over someone else. No one is so good at that that they can be without a few losses.

Wait, so what worked in the 2004 Stanley Cup final is not what will work right now?

HOGWASH! PROVEN WINNER!

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Larry Brooks tweeted that RyJo was not in shape according to Torts.

/thanks dash

Last edited:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Larry Brooks tweeted that RyJo was not in shape according to Torts.

What experience does Brooks have in the Torts world, though?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My sources inside the locker room indicate he actually said it to Curtis McIlhenny and used the name "David".

No one is really sure who he was trying to bench.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same RyJo who missed all of training camp last year then was one of the best players in the league, right?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

/no worries esls.

No. Nope. Not true. False. We're talking about a 23 year old professional athlete. Being out of shape is nearly impossible in such a case. AND AGAIN. HE LITERALLY WATCHED HIM PLAY 10 MINUTES.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same RyJo who missed all of training camp last year then was one of the best players in the league, right?

No, no, no. We're talking about the other RyJo. The fat, burger eating piece of shit who whines and cries for his ninny whenever someone looks at him funny. Apparently.

In "out of the outhouse to the penthouse" news:

Wonder why he seems so happy?