• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE Vancouver - redux

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say that. Laine would be coming our way and your next 2 1sts
You can have Laine too. All we need is Boeser, Quinn, Horvat and Petterson. But we'll give you good Canadian boy Boone Jenner as well.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fine. Petterson it is.

Old Man No GIF by MOODMAN

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want us to trade Jones to Calgary so you have to play him 8 times a year?

Or maybe Toronto so you have to hear about him every day?

C'mon. I'm giving you a chance to get in on the ground floor here.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want us to trade Jones to Calgary so you have to play him 8 times a year?

Or maybe Toronto so you have to hear about him every day?

C'mon. I'm giving you a chance to get in on the ground floor here.

by raping us?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds good to me - You'll need somebody to replace Jones, so I'm willing to part with Giordano. He's 37, but a young 37.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good to me - You'll need somebody to replace Jones, so I'm willing to part with Giordano. He's 37, but a young 37.
That's good. He can drive Monahan and Zary to Columbus. At 37, he's probably a very competent driver.

in all seriousness @forty_three what kind of return are you expecting for Jones?
The combination of Jones, Korpisalo and the 2 lower first rounders should be more than enough to fix the 1C situation. A lot of locals are all like MCDAVID OR CROSBY OR NOTHING! but That's just silliness. Rumor is the Jackets are just waiting until the worlds are over to announce Jalonen as head coach and Quinn as assistant. So the system should help guys who struggled. We don't need to hunt super big game. A few that I think would be great, and reasonable to get:

Monahan
Bennett
RNH (although he is UFA)
Hintz
Cirelli
Eriksson-Ek
Reinhart

Realistically, beyond those guys there's probably a dozen or more guys who could become legit 1Cs between Laine and Bjorkstrand. Hell, maybe Domi is one of them.

Prospects like Dach or Byfield would be off the charts.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good. He can drive Monahan and Zary to Columbus. At 37, he's probably a very competent driver.

The combination of Jones, Korpisalo and the 2 lower first rounders should be more than enough to fix the 1C situation. A lot of locals are all like MCDAVID OR CROSBY OR NOTHING! but That's just silliness. Rumor is the Jackets are just waiting until the worlds are over to announce Jalonen as head coach and Quinn as assistant. So the system should help guys who struggled. We don't need to hunt super big game. A few that I think would be great, and reasonable to get:

Monahan
Bennett
RNH (although he is UFA)
Hintz
Cirelli
Eriksson-Ek
Reinhart

Realistically, beyond those guys there's probably a dozen or more guys who could become legit 1Cs between Laine and Bjorkstrand. Hell, maybe Domi is one of them.

Prospects like Dach or Byfield would be off the charts.
If you can't find a 1C with this then everyone greedy lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*fingers crossed* for a bidding war.

I mean, all of Toronto is shitting on Marner and they need D. Who knows where this is gonna go?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's less greedy and more who has a 1C who has a need for any of this and also is a place that can re-sign Jones? That list has to be pretty short.

Even of the list 43 put above who there is realistically available at all via trade? Monahan, Reinhart....maybe Cirelli? Seth Jones' MAGA ass ain't re-signing in Canada, I can't imagine Buffalo's an attractive option and TB has neither a need nor the money to pull that off even with their cap shenanigans.

Maybe separate trades gather enough assets to assemble a good trade proposal. The returns for Jones & Korpisalo combined with CBJ's first rounder and one of the other two they have could be enough to convince a bubble team to part with a good centre. Hell, that might be enough to get Marner out of Toronto at this rate.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*fingers crossed* for a bidding war.

I mean, all of Toronto is shitting on Marner and they need D. Who knows where this is gonna go?
LOL didn't see this before posting but yeah, a Marner trade could definitely happen.

Leafs don't really need D though. Allowed the 5th fewest shots in the league this season.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Jones' MAGA ass ain't re-signing in Canada, I can't imagine Buffalo's an attractive option and TB has neither a need nor the money to pull that off even with their cap shenanigans.
To be fair, I don't give a shit where he signs. All I care about is if the team trading feels they can convince him.

A deal with Dallas centering on Hintz is probably the best bet at this point, all things considered. Followed by LA, I just don't know how easy it will be to pry Byfield off Blake. He's a smart cookie and has incredible prospects in the hole.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL didn't see this before posting but yeah, a Marner trade could definitely happen.

Leafs don't really need D though. Allowed the 5th fewest shots in the league this season.

do you need a goalie? serious question. Or can Campbell take the spot?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I don't give a shit where he signs. All I care about is if the team trading feels they can convince him.

A deal with Dallas centering on Hintz is probably the best bet at this point, all things considered. Followed by LA, I just don't know how easy it will be to pry Byfield off Blake. He's a smart cookie and has incredible prospects in the hole.

What about Zegres from Anaheim?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas has two RD's with Heiskanen & Klingberg though, no? Unless they want to move on from Klingberg with one year until he's UFA and a year from 30 but Jones is only 2 years younger. Plus they have Hintz at a very nice number.

do you need a goalie? serious question. Or can Campbell take the spot?.
That's Campbell's net until it isn't. Leafs need a bargain backup next season. Wouldn't surprise me if they hold onto Rittich.