• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE Vancouver - redux

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Ducks wanted it just a little more.
The lack of urgency on that last powerplay was something else.
Goalie was trying to come to the bench for about a minute before coach finally called him.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so ... what the heck do we do now. last game of the season the usual oh maybe we have some hope for next season .. but really isnt this teams record worse after Tochett took over than when Bruce took over last year? We do have some more youth that is going to be interesting but I do not hold out much hope that they will be diamonds in the rough. We still it seems depend way too much on Demko which wont bode well for his health.

I still havent listened to the radio since the trade deadline other than game action lol. it has been awesome.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so ... what the heck do we do now. last game of the season the usual oh maybe we have some hope for next season .. but really isnt this teams record worse after Tochett took over than when Bruce took over last year? We do have some more youth that is going to be interesting but I do not hold out much hope that they will be diamonds in the rough. We still it seems depend way too much on Demko which wont bode well for his health.

I still havent listened to the radio since the trade deadline other than game action lol. it has been awesome.

Halford and Brough are still pretty good, but you're not missing anything by not listening to Riccio and Janda.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're not missing anything by not listening to Riccio and Janda.

it is pretty much these guys. Sometimes Sat as well. There is only so much "IF THEY ARE NOT TRADED NOW WE CAN ALWAYS REVISIT IT IN THE <INSERT NEXT EVENT HERE>" talk I can handle with these guys

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what all desperate people do ...Pray we win the lotto lol

Theyve been much better defensively than they ever were under Boudreau. Demko has been good but he hasnt had to be excellent like he was under Boudreau last season. The fancy stats back it up... theyve given up fewer raw shots against per game than they did under Boudreau and also fewer high danger shots against. Tocchet has gotten buy in. The thing is ... will it last into next season? idk ... this team has been lazy in the past .

They sulked because Travis Greene was too much of a systems guy and they didnt want to play the type of ugly defensive game that got them to trap play Vegas in the bubble. Almost seems like that type of game was too hard for these lazy soft bastards. And they got the immediate bump last season when Boudreau was hired because there was no more system lol All they had to do was go free wheel and score (and JT Miller could rack up points ... leading to racking up dollars) and Demko would play Vezina calibre and they would be successful ... and lo and behold the no accountability system didnt hold up this season. Now they are back to a more defensive structure coach ... how long does their buyin last?

at least it appears Tocchet preaches accountability. I think the country club atmosphere that Rutherford talked about last season might be gone but we will know for sure in 2023 preseason if the guys make strides in the summer at the gym and come back fit and ready to compete

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what all desperate people do ...Pray we win the lotto lol

Theyve been much better defensively than they ever were under Boudreau. Demko has been good but he hasnt had to be excellent like he was under Boudreau last season. The fancy stats back it up... theyve given up fewer raw shots against per game than they did under Boudreau and also fewer high danger shots against. Tocchet has gotten buy in. The thing is ... will it last into next season? idk ... this team has been lazy in the past .

They sulked because Travis Greene was too much of a systems guy and they didnt want to play the type of ugly defensive game that got them to trap play Vegas in the bubble. Almost seems like that type of game was too hard for these lazy soft bastards. And they got the immediate bump last season when Boudreau was hired because there was no more system lol All they had to do was go free wheel and score (and JT Miller could rack up points ... leading to racking up dollars) and Demko would play Vezina calibre and they would be successful ... and lo and behold the no accountability system didnt hold up this season. Now they are back to a more defensive structure coach ... how long does their buyin last?

at least it appears Tocchet preaches accountability. I think the country club atmosphere that Rutherford talked about last season might be gone but we will know for sure in 2023 preseason if the guys make strides in the summer at the gym and come back fit and ready to compete

whatever depth we can fall away has already been arranged .. lol....

images

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is pretty much these guys. Sometimes Sat as well. There is only so much "IF THEY ARE NOT TRADED NOW WE CAN ALWAYS REVISIT IT IN THE <INSERT NEXT EVENT HERE>" talk I can handle with these guys
Sat last night went on a 30 minute rant because some guy on Twitter said he wished the Canucks played their stars for less minutes down the stretch. Legit switched it off and back three times and he was still going on about it lol

/it’d be really nice if they talked about something that isn’t the Canucks for a couple weeks lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sat last night went on a 30 minute rant because some guy on Twitter said he wished the Canucks played their stars for less minutes down the stretch. Legit switched it off and back three times and he was still going on about it lol

/it’d be really nice if they talked about something that isn’t the Canucks for a couple weeks lol

I could log back on now and he would probably still talk about if we cant trade Miller now he would probably get more in the summer talk that he wouldn't stop going on about before we resigned him.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm legit excited about the addition of Hirosi.
He's looked like a top 4 guy, and and an asset to the 2nd powerplay.

now, how to get OEL a Hossa-style skin irritation for the next 4 years.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That taj guy on twitter is having a meltdown over the Canucks draft position.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That taj guy on twitter is having a meltdown over the Canucks draft position.

2 weeks ago… more power to him

Tonight? When its now either a 3 or a 3.5% chance at Bedard??? :noidea:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feistiest i have seen Boeser play in a long time this period!

Kickin it up a notch just in time for the games that matter (in da beauty league)