• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE Vancouver - redux

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that all it was.for.foote? Or more?
That was mainly it. He apparently wanted to stay in Colorado but signed with the Jackets as UFA. Then when his contract was about to expire, the Jackets wanted him to stay and he kept upping the price. He basically bullied the Jackets into making him Captain and when they were on a run toward their first playoff appearance he quit on them. Played like he was afraid to get hurt. He said he was not sure where he wanted to play and that Columbus was his "first choice". Turns out he had told the Avs that he only wanted to play there, it's widely believed that he had already negotiated his next deal with them. He gave a press conference on deadline day saying that he wanted to stay while he had a plane waiting at the airport to take him to Calgary where Colorado was playing that night. They only got a 1st and a (conditional) 4th for him. Jackets offered him 3.5 for 4 years and he signed in Colorado for 3m for 2.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait, the League will retroactively add some new rule where we will be penalized for this.

Edit: besides having to watch this shit show

"You can't have three head coaches on payroll, we don't know why"

"You get a $5M cap hit penalty for 2 years"

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I get that Rutherford and Allvin wanted "their guy" as head coach, I just don't understand why their guy is Rick Tocchet. I guess Rutherford liked the job he did in Pittsburgh as an assistant coach :noidea:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I get that Rutherford and Allvin wanted "their guy" as head coach, I just don't understand why their guy is Rick Tocchet. I guess Rutherford liked the job he did in Pittsburgh as an assistant coach :noidea:
i didnt watch the presser.

did Allvin actually say he made the decision to fire Bruce on Sunday morning?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt watch the presser.

did Allvin actually say he made the decision to fire Bruce on Sunday morning?

I didn't watch it either, but based on tweets I've read etc., Allvin came off as very Kevin Lowe-ish which is never a good look. I think it's more likely the case where Allvin is just not that comfortable in front of the camera and wants to get out of there as soon as possible as opposed to Kevin Lowe who is just a dick lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch it either, but based on tweets I've read etc., Allvin came off as very Kevin Lowe-ish which is never a good look. I think it's more likely the case where Allvin is just not that comfortable in front of the camera and wants to get out of there as soon as possible as opposed to Kevin Lowe who is just a dick lol

Benning 2.0

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

And next my conversation with Pope Francis...

MassiveFamiliarChipmunk.webp

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an actual conversation with my wife yesterday morning as she saw the news run along on the global news crawl.

wife: "oh they fired Boudreau finally? Is the new guy "TOE-SHAY" as humpty dumpty as Boudreau is?"
me: "no and its TOCK-ET like rocket"
wife: "Touche'"