• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE Vancouver - redux

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougie Hamilton and Adam Fox are contenders for the Norris trophy...Misery loves company lol
Given that college players can pretty much dictate where their careers go by just staying in school instead of going to play in the minors for a few years like most prospects it’s kinda nuts that more don’t go the NCAA route. Unless you’re the top of top prospects I’m unconvinced it isn’t the smarter play.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont really buy that :noidea: . Gaudette is still a third liner on the hawks and also not playing his natural centre position ... both things were happening with green as his coach

Difference is with the hawks hes on a third line with strome and kubalik not that bottom six patchwork of chicken shit trash that jimbo has collected for travis to try and make chicken salad out of :noidea:

Yeah that's a good point.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t that make the worse teams likely to fare even...worse?

I think it all kinda evens out. The Leafs are top of the division and they’re fifth in the league in pts % due to poor quality competition according to basically everybody (I’d strongly disagree with that but...) and would have it tougher in regular competition but if it stays that way that would be exactly where they finished in 2018-19. The only difference that year was that the first and third best teams were in the same division and they had to play the Bruins in the first round because of the stupid playoff format.

Edmonton was 3 points out of first in the Pacific with ten games left last season. We can go on about why that was but given that they’ve continued on a similar trajectory it’s hard to say they’d be much worse off in the regular schedule format. AT MOST, you can argue that whoever finishes 4th in this division probably would be a bottom feeder in regular times and I’d agree with that.

Then the other teams you mention, Canes and Panthers, one has been on the upward trajectory for a few years now and Florida got some great defence from Ekblad and Weegar to go with a pretty solid goalie duo in Bob and Driedger to make waves. Would it be tougher for them playing Toronto and Boston every few days in addition to Carolina & TB? Probably but add in Montreal, Ottawa & Buffalo and its suddenly a bit more even no?

Yeah good points. I think they would all be good teams still, I just I don't think the records would be as dominate as they are now. Panthers have surprised me the most. For the Canucks I don't think we are this bad but I don't think we are a playoff team either more a 5-6 points out of the last spot. This season is hard to judge and it will be really interesting to see how the playoffs go .

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah good points. I think they would all be good teams still, I just I don't think the records would be as dominate as they are now. Panthers have surprised me the most. For the Canucks I don't think we are this bad but I don't think we are a playoff team either more a 5-6 points out of the last spot. This season is hard to judge and it will be really interesting to see how the playoffs go .
Healthy Demko and a non-regressive/hurt Pettersson would’ve made the Canucks a playoff team.

They still have massive, expensive problems though, and the Pacific will be tougher next season with the Kings improving and Seattle likely to put together a competitive team with GM’s horribly capped out and Seattle happy to trade space for decent players on somewhat bad contracts. Also their GM is a fucking moron.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
no, that's OK, we'll just let him walk for free in a bit.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, that's OK, we'll just let him walk for free in a bit.

getting alot of use out of this today (I thought I posted it here too)

2a1697a34f426c2ce4ea7be3998b58e09cb383fb.gif

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
11 games in 16 days.
starting out by missing 8 forwards.

good luck, we're all counting on you.
(not sure if I'll even record tonight's game)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good choice

I remember calling into TSN1040 and telling Moj that fans would not support the Abbotsford Heat because of their affiliation with the Flames and he said just wait and see, it's pro hockey, the fans will show up.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
frankies endgame is probably buying aec and building a highrise on it :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember calling into TSN1040 and telling Moj that fans would not support the Abbotsford Heat because of their affiliation with the Flames and he said just wait and see, it's pro hockey, the fans will show up.
Was hardly the first time a team put an AHL team in "rival" territory - the Habs had their AHL affiliate in Hamilton for a long time and it worked somewhat well. Could be excused for thinking it might've worked.

Hell, the Sens have an NHL team in two rivals' territories, let alone their AHL team :D

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I will say I expected a tad more, but at least he's cheaper than louie

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I expected a tad more, but at least he's cheaper than louie

Didn't watch any Leaf games I'm guessing lol. He was utterly useless and the Leafs probably have 3 or 4 more pts in the standings if they started the season with Galchenyuk instead of him.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VPD has started an investigation into the Jake Virtanen sexual misconduct allegations.