• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE Vancouver - redux

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to that on my way in today. He's right but I don't think that's really even arguable at this juncture.

There has to be a timeline somewhere. OK, we know Frankie hired Boudreau before JR and asked JR if he was ok with it and he said yes. That was dumb to begin with but Boudreau is doing exactly what Boudreau has always done and JR is mad about this? Did he just never actually look into how Boudreau coached his teams?

What we don't know is 1) did JR take the job agreeing with Frankie for yet another "not a rebuild just a retool"? And if so...why?

2) Did he get the OK for a rebuild if needed after an evaluation period, evaluated, and thought "OK, this is salvageable"? JT signing and efforts to keep Bo would indicate that, right?

or 3) Did he get the OK for a rebuild, know immediately that was the right course, then couldn't get his "price" for JT etc. and so changed tact?

And as crazy as it is to be talking this way a year on, wouldn't any of those possibilities with this outcome probably indicate you hired the wrong management team? If they fucked up this most basic of tasks, the one that even the most green rookie shit ass GM can usually call correctly, how do you trust them going forward to not make any more colossal mistakes?

The parallels to the Burke/Nonis era for the Leafs here are uncanny. The only thing that ended that was the team being sold to owners who actually wanted the team to do well (lol HOWS THAT GOING). Good luck with that.

some of the things that are really disturbing and alarming to me for the future of this franchise is that no level of GM can make a solid trade for this organization. Everyone just wants to fleece the Canucks no matter if you are a Benning or a Rutherford (yes Alvin technically is the GM) but even with a hockey "guy" from the old boys club like Rutherford they are powerless to make any effective change here.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of the things that are really disturbing and alarming to me for the future of this franchise is that no level of GM can make a solid trade for this organization. Everyone just wants to fleece the Canucks no matter if you are a Benning or a Rutherford (yes Alvin technically is the GM) but even with a hockey "guy" from the old boys club like Rutherford they are powerless to make any effective change here.
Right now I think anybody re-organizing this roster has to be ok with accepting cap space as a trade return. Get rid of what you can, take what you can get. You won't win trades for the lower-rung guys because they're lower rung guys, and you won't win trades for the EP's/QH's because you never win trades where you're dealing a superstar.

But clearing the former allows you maneuverability (can then trade to eat other guys' bad cap hits and accumulate assets) and clearing the latter will net you a fucking haul right now because they're both still playing insanely well despite everything.

There's a realistic plan here where the Canucks can get 4 first round picks or an equivalent return in high-level prospects (could get more if Demko was healthy and not playing bad but..). I think you can eat cap on two contracts IIRC so you can pretty easily make guys like Boeser and Myers palatable to cap-strapped contenders for maybe a 2nd and a B prospect or some shit. And above all, you can slide down the standings and stay down for this year's class.

Anything other than the above is stupid.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Dhaliwal just said on Donnie & Dhali that the Flames have inquired about Boeser.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Dhaliwal just said on Donnie & Dhali that the Flames have inquired about Boeser.
cut.jpeg

Seriously, though any team NOT inquiring is just being negligent.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Brock get a hat trick tonight or only two goals?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Miller with another stupid fucking blind backhand pass to the point, right as the penalty ends, to put Hughes in a bad spot. goal against.
jesus christ, I'm getting tired of him being an idiot

worst case, it's a turnover (and goal)
average case, it's not on the tape, because he isn't looking where he is passing either.
best case: it's a soft pass anyways, and the defense has time to reset

anyways. CLICK

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50% save percentage for Martin tonight.

The team has just caved in front of him but he has not been good.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller with another stupid fucking blind backhand pass to the point, right as the penalty ends, to put Hughes in a bad spot. goal against.
jesus christ, I'm getting tired of him being an idiot

worst case, it's a turnover (and goal)
average case, it's not on the tape, because he isn't looking where he is passing either.
best case: it's a soft pass anyways, and the defense has time to reset

anyways. CLICK
I am really disliking him more and more