• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
From Friedman's 30 Thoughts

17. I’m not sure what it all means, but Buffalo’s been watching a lot of AHL Utica. (One game was against the Sabres’ own club, Rochester.) I’m assuming that’s Jake Virtanen.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

There are always some great back-and-forths with the Gman and Burrows.

When Tony walked into the locker room tonight, he said to Burrows:

“You guys are rolling.”

Burrows responded: “Oh, I don’t know about that.”

Gman: “Well, with square wheels.”

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, he has been pretty good this year but what the ?!?!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT is DCMP btw ... Dave Tomlinson

Evander Kane-to-Vancouver is never going away. I mean, I guess it will at some point. Maybe when he retires, or when the team is sold or if they manage to lobotomize a dozen media members.

Until then, it will be a thing. And it’s been a thing which has threaded its way through two front offices, mostly because, many of us believe, the team’s owners have Evander Kane fever, which apparently has no cure.

I do not believe trading for Kane is something the Canucks should pursue, and have made this point several times in the past six months.

There are many people, however, who have disagreed, and that includes DT. At least he seemed to two weeks ago when this topic surfaced yet again.

Two weeks ago, before a game against the New York Rangers, DT was asked if he was buying the Kane-to-Vancouver rumours.

He said then:

“I am.

“I had a chat with Jim Benning when it was talked about earlier this season. He said to me, he wants to add a 20-goal scorer.

“A bonafide 20-goal scorer, not a guy who they think might be a 20-goal scorer one day. They’re past that. They want to add somebody who can put the puck in the net and somebody who will help them get younger and faster.

“That’s Evander Kane.

“Whether they can do something to bring him in, and where he would play and everything like that remains to be seen.”

DT did say he wouldn’t trade Tanev for him, and on that, we were in lock step.

I made a mental note of it all at the time, just because it was surprising to hear many people overly positive about the possibility of Kane coming here, it seemed like a sell and also because there was mention of a conversation with Benning, although it wasn’t made clear what the GM specifically said about Kane in said conversation.

So having this as perspective, it was a bit startling to hear DT this week on TSN 1040 when he said the Kane-to-Vancouver talk had not only become an irritant it was actually distracting the team.

“One more thing that’s kind of been bugging me, maybe you guys can be the torch bearers for this.

“Because the talk on the weekend about Kane, Jake Virtanen and all that: At this point it’s nonsense and it’s an old story but it was brought back up and now it’s becoming a distraction.

“I have it on good authority that that’s not something that needs anymore lights put on it.

“The Canucks are not going to be trading for Evander Kane. They are not going to be trading Jake Virtanen.”

That’s a significant two-week turnaround.

You can listen to it here, about six mins in.

It’s true, the old Kane flame was lit again — like it was the Olympic torch — when Elliotte Friedman reported the Sabres had been watching Utica “quite a bit.”

It’s point he made again in his 30 Thoughts today.

When it comes to Kane, no one will ever get the final word, but for today we give that spot to Benning who said this to The Kuze when asked if he really would trade Virtanen:

“Nope, not trading him.”

There you have it. For now.

The Canucks owners will be happy about it.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW ... THE NEW 210 IS JAKE VIRTANEN AS PER FERRARO/SEKERES !!!

CONGRATS TO JAKE!!!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone called in the cesspool saying they have a relative who is a pro player that skated with Canucks in town prior to preseason and remarked that Jake isnt professional "in the sense that hes the type of guy that wears a tshirt at the swimming pool"

/dead! :pound:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are all the fans at Rogers? Is there a Loverboy/BTO twin bill in town?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are all the fans at Rogers? Is there a Loverboy/BTO twin bill in town?

Attendance will get worse before it gets better esls. You aint seen nothing yet

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that is just after puck drop, and the beautiful people are finishing their sushi and wine :noidea:

Zoom the scoreboard. Its right before opening faceoff

To be fair, the crowd did fill out after but they announced 17 thousand something which is a real stretch

/i had sushi and beer last night :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.