• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favourite part is that the Canucks have two guys who teams would likely trade for, even as a pair if the Canucks ate salary (which they have the ability and finances to do) and neither will ever leave and the Canucks will never get assets for them. Rather than producing 60 pts each and contending for the Cup one last time they plan on locking themselves in steerage as the list grows steeper. That's a sad end and should affect their Hall chances.

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favourite part is that the Canucks have two guys who teams would likely trade for, even as a pair if the Canucks ate salary (which they have the ability and finances to do) and neither will ever leave and the Canucks will never get assets for them. Rather than producing 60 pts each and contending for the Cup one last time they plan on locking themselves in steerage as the list grows steeper. That's a sad end and should affect their Hall chances.

It didnt effect Mats Sundins hall chances

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didnt effect Mats Sundins hall chances
Sundin was a point-per-game player even as his career winded down on horrible Leaf squads before that half-season in Vancouver - he had 78 pts in 74 games in his final year in Toronto at age 37; the Sedins are 36 and either would be fortunate to break 50 pts. playing on this team.

Sundin was also a career point-per-game player while neither of the Sedins are anywhere near PPG and will be even farther off that mark by the time they retire.

Could still see them getting in the hall eventually even if they stick around based on some combination of their Art Ross seasons and some sort of good-guy reputation bonus that the hall tends to salivate for but for their career production there are quite a few guys you could make a great argument for being more deserving.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sundin was a point-per-game player even as his career winded down on horrible Leaf squads before that half-season in Vancouver - he had 78 pts in 74 games in his final year in Toronto at age 37; the Sedins are 36 and either would be fortunate to break 50 pts. playing on this team.

Sundin was also a career point-per-game player while neither of the Sedins are anywhere near PPG and will be even farther off that mark by the time they retire.

Could still see them getting in the hall eventually even if they stick around based on some combination of their Art Ross seasons and some sort of good-guy reputation bonus that the hall tends to salivate for but for their career production there are quite a few guys you could make a great argument for being more deserving.

well ... with this logic ... 1 or 2 60 point years on a different team isnt going to bring the sedins to ppg level so why even bring the hall up ... i guess maybe a team thats close could bring them on and it might put that team over the top and they win the cup and it looks that much better on their CV ... but those types of teams are close to the cap no?

canucks could retain the salary i guess ... but youre allowed only 3 players at one time right?

I dont think their play is neccessarily in the shitter ... they announced before the season started, with the Doug Jarvis system theyre playing they arent gonna rack up points

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well ... with this logic ... 1 or 2 60 point years on a different team isnt going to bring the sedins to ppg level so why even bring the hall up ... i guess maybe a team thats close could bring them on and it might put that team over the top and they win the cup and it looks that much better on their CV ... but those types of teams are close to the cap no?
I think the PPG factor is a major reason Sundin got in and was considered such a no-brainer and since you mentioned him thought it was worth pointing out. I don't think a guy has to be a PPG player (but should be close to is).

And you're right, a few 60 pt seasons won't bring them closer to that threshold but Daniel in particular is at .82 PPG and if that drops below .80 which it likely would if he remains in Vancouver, well, there aren't a lot of guys in the hall with that low a rate of scoring.

But I was more focused on another run, maybe even getting a Cup on their honour roll, would go a huge way. I think playoff success plays a big part on voters' minds as well and they weren't exactly playoff warriors. Also, it's more a collective thing but pull the Cup run from the equation and they only have 4 playoff series victories to their names. It's a stat area that could use some padding and window dressing.

canucks could retain the salary i guess ... but youre allowed only 3 players at one time right?
Correct. Why, got someone else in mind to use up the last two spots?

I dont think their play is neccessarily in the shitter ... they announced before the season started, with the Doug Jarvis system theyre playing they arent gonna rack up points
And that's not wrong at all. I still believe them to be very able players who would make up a great second line on a contender.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. Why, got someone else in mind to use up the last two spots?

Cu270vhUMAAe8ht.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

he's looking up at your post and thinking "shit"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta dig up that clip of his battle level on the clutterbuck goal ... atrocious

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one hand on the stick ... what is that ???

eriksson-bad.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Cal Buttercup bobblehead night, he scores the GWG.

/Have things gotten that desperate that Buttercup gets a bobblehead?

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell... at least Stecher is back in. Please let Larson be out!

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO!

#UpTheColonForNolan

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake's in a tough spot - How can you show your play is more consistent when you don't get a chance to play?

Scratched again tonight.

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be last on, first off at optional skates.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From this week's 30:

11. One thing to watch as the Canucks pursue free agents? The 15 per cent tax levied on foreign buyers in the white hot Metro Vancouver housing market. I’m not sure if this is going to become an issue, but a couple of agents said they had some sticker shock when they ran some numbers.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake's in a tough spot - How can you show your play is more consistent when you don't get a chance to play?

Scratched again tonight.

Virtanen is garbage anyway.

The Canucks are a lot less hate-able now with Kesler, Biesssska and Lapuke gone. Unfortunately Virtanen takes up some the slack in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.