• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not listening to the cesspool today, but apparently Sekeres is not a fan of losing Corrado on waivers to the Leafs.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not listening to the cesspool today, but apparently Sekeres is not a fan of losing Corrado on waivers to the Leafs.

is anyone in canucksland a fan of losing Corrado on waivers??? lol

like i said (in my best Wally Buono) DCMP was tying to "justify" it but he didnt do a good job of that

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could my paisano be a coke head too? nah!!!

i think its more likely he didnt pay his member dues at Club 16 (as someone pointed out)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MacIntyre just made a great point on the cesspool - Those two playoff games that Corrado played against the Sharks in 2012 that burned a year of his ELC is a big reason why he is no longer a member of the Vancouver Canucks.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MacIntyre just made a great point on the cesspool - Those two playoff games that Corrado played against the Sharks in 2012 that burned a year of his ELC is a big reason why he is no longer a member of the Vancouver Canucks.

i think its a dumb point and just imac taking a shot at his "buddy" Mike Gillis :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got swept, as I recall?

Totally worth it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't make sense to trade from a Leaf standpoint, but none of the other 14 teams he tried could get a deal done?? Shit, LA just got a conditional 7th for last season's AHL MVP.

So, two things - either Benning was asking for too much, or other teams don't value Corrado as we seem to for whatever reason.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the ONLY reason

CQqGsMoW8AE0v7X.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't make sense to trade from a Leaf standpoint, but none of the other 14 teams he tried could get a deal done?? Shit, LA just got a conditional 7th for last season's AHL MVP.

So, two things - either Benning was asking for too much, or other teams don't value Corrado as we seem to for whatever reason.

where did Corrado finish in the AHL mvp voting ? lol

why part with an asset when its gonna be pretty much free

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of those 15 teams, I'm sure a few of them were pretty far down the waiver pecking order. Why not give up a small token for NHL-ready talent?

I dont know how many teams after the Leafs in the waiver order were looking to shake up their d corps after having "set" their rosters in pre-season ... and just plunk him onto their roster because he'd have to go through waivers again otherwise

I doubt Benning was asking too much ... he's shown hes willing to give up assets for nothing ... today and this offseason

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the provies on Corrado ... fuckin Bennington :L

After having talked with everyone involved, I tend to think Corrado on waivers was inevitable. It doesn’t mean the timing was right. It didn’t have to happen now. Everyone understands the Canucks could have massaged the cap situation to buy time. With it, they could have seen how Hutton does in Cali.

At the very least, it would have been injury insurance.

If you’re pretty sure you’re going to lose Corrado anyway, which they should have been, who cares if he’s the No. 8 dman for a few weeks?

Benning said that wasn’t even a consideration when I asked him about it.

The more interesting side of this story, probably, is any variation of how they hell did we get here?

In May, Benning promised the team would keep eight D.

We’ll start with eight defencemen, but we want to have 11 D capable of playing in the NHL. That’s something I learned this year from being in the West. The travel wears the team down a bit and it seems to take a toll on your defence.

In June, Travis Green was comparing Corrado to Chris Tanev. In the organization, Green was not alone in that assessment. Corrado was a huge part of the Comets’ run to the Calder Cup. Huge. That was the same Utica team Hutton couldn’t crack. This is six months ago.

Is that just forgotten in a few preseason games?

In the offseason, Benning told Corrado it was time for him to find a place to live in Vancouver. With that, Corrado thought he was on the team. He moved to Van.

His parents even designed their vacation around the two Canucks games in California next week. That’s where they were, waiting to see him play for the Canucks, when Corrado flew home after hitting waivers.

Did being told to get a place cause Corrado to relax for a minute, act like a veteran? Was it a factor?

Impossible to say.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the provies on Corrado ... fuckin Bennington :L

After having talked with everyone involved, I tend to think Corrado on waivers was inevitable. It doesn’t mean the timing was right. It didn’t have to happen now. Everyone understands the Canucks could have massaged the cap situation to buy time. With it, they could have seen how Hutton does in Cali.

At the very least, it would have been injury insurance.

If you’re pretty sure you’re going to lose Corrado anyway, which they should have been, who cares if he’s the No. 8 dman for a few weeks?

Benning said that wasn’t even a consideration when I asked him about it.

The more interesting side of this story, probably, is any variation of how they hell did we get here?

In May, Benning promised the team would keep eight D.

We’ll start with eight defencemen, but we want to have 11 D capable of playing in the NHL. That’s something I learned this year from being in the West. The travel wears the team down a bit and it seems to take a toll on your defence.

In June, Travis Green was comparing Corrado to Chris Tanev. In the organization, Green was not alone in that assessment. Corrado was a huge part of the Comets’ run to the Calder Cup. Huge. That was the same Utica team Hutton couldn’t crack. This is six months ago.

Is that just forgotten in a few preseason games?

In the offseason, Benning told Corrado it was time for him to find a place to live in Vancouver. With that, Corrado thought he was on the team. He moved to Van.

His parents even designed their vacation around the two Canucks games in California next week. That’s where they were, waiting to see him play for the Canucks, when Corrado flew home after hitting waivers.

Did being told to get a place cause Corrado to relax for a minute, act like a veteran? Was it a factor?

Impossible to say.
That seems like an incredibly dickish sequence of events.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more fuckin Bennington ... hes a real swell negotiator :L

It’s often interesting how seemingly little things can change the course of NHL franchises.

Take Eddie Lack. Yes, one more time for old times sake.

Originally, the Canucks, and Benning, had planned on keeping Lack and re-signing him to an extension.

But Lack’s agent was eyeing what was going on in Vancouver. He was hardly the only agent to take note.

Whether you like the Canucks commitment to Dorsett and Sbisa or not, the money they harpooned in their extensions opened up plenty of eyes around the league.

Of course, Overhardt and other agents, wanted to surf that wave, and were looking for a piece of the action. When dealing with Benning for the Lack takes, he asked for a monster three- or four-year deal worth $4-plus million a year.

What’s that about go big or go home?

Rather than playing hardball with Overhartdt and working him down after the sticker shock, Benning decided the Canucks couldn’t afford Lack and immediately made the decision to move on.

from friedmanns 30 thoughts:

The Lack contract is a reminder that, when you hear about demands, always ask if it’s the first offer. In Vancouver, the rumour was Lack wanted $4-$4.5M, just like Mark Giordano

Never bid against yourself. Set the bar high. Negotiation 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.