• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BARIUM out of Montreal

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not the best color man in the league for nothing, folks.
I’m case you have something clogging your ears and can’t hear what comeds said it was F you lol

/I always thought he said clogging, I see it was plugging

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So St Louis is the coach. Has he coached at any level or was he hired on the fact french speaking was the top priority?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally I would have preferred a more established coach but not one of the old retreads that always get jobs. Also I would have preferred to wait until the end of the season to make a change. At this point ride it out and continue doing terrible.

Having said that, since they did choose a very inexperienced coach I am not opposed to having him start right away. The year is essentially done, see how he handles the team and the press and evaluate over the summer.

St. Louis always seemed like a good guy once he moved from Calgary, and he worked hard - so while it may not work out it could be worse.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally I would have preferred a more established coach but not one of the old retreads that always get jobs. Also I would have preferred to wait until the end of the season to make a change. At this point ride it out and continue doing terrible.

Having said that, since they did choose a very inexperienced coach I am not opposed to having him start right away. The year is essentially done, see how he handles the team and the press and evaluate over the summer.

St. Louis always seemed like a good guy once he moved from Calgary, and he worked hard - so while it may not work out it could be worse.

Shots fired lol

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously just like the Ed Olczyk era in Pittsburgh. Bring in a guy who is known who rides out the terrible season.

And if by some amazement to all, the team turns it around under his watch, the Habs might have found the next "great new coach". Or the more likely scenario; it is a walking dead coach who gets fired so that the coach they wanted doesn't have to suffer through the suck years.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So St Louis is the coach. Has he coached at any level or was he hired on the fact french speaking was the top priority?
The Jackets hired him as a special assistant/power play coach under Torts. He lasted about three months, the PP was dogshit and he went home to "be with his family".

There's also this:

Getting the band back together. Does Torts speak french? Anyone know where Andreychuk is? Is Khabibulin still alive?

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jackets hired him as a special assistant/power play coach under Torts. He lasted about three months, the PP was dogshit and he went home to "be with his family".

There's also this:

Getting the band back together. Does Torts speak french? Anyone know where Andreychuk is? Is Khabibulin still alive?
How about Kubina?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His only head coaching experience is with a Pee Wee team...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like PeeWee - just have fun out there, guys!

It will probably go horribly wrong, but that might be the first time in the 25+ years I have been following them that a coach has ever mentioned fun. Either in playing or watching....

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will probably go horribly wrong, but that might be the first time in the 25+ years I have been following them that a coach has ever mentioned fun. Either in playing or watching....

The Oilers coaches should try the fun approach - I look at the eyes/body language of guys like McDavid and Draisaitl these days and they look very morose and basically feels like they want to be anywhere else but at the rink. When you boil it all down, it is a game and you play games to have fun and enjoyment.

/It certainly is more fun when you win :D