• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Come play a Pac-12 team

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so you still want to gloss over the reality that the refs were given a chance to make a wrong right, and they didn't have the evidence to do so, and chose to leave it as is. Then, they decided to do nothing, and use no evidence, just call the game over. How does this make sense in any way?

Don't get me wrong, the NCAA is all about money and will always be about money, there is no disputing that. They are abusing these kids to get money from 3rd parties, IE boosters and corporate sponsors, and that is a fact, but in no way does that excuse this type of incompetence and injustice that they pulled on these players tonight. The facts are this was a close game and these kids had a great contest, but to allow this type of incompetence to decide the outcome is a travesty, and disrespect to the competition. These institutions and all involved should be ashamed.

I bet they're not, and actually believe they're laughing, which is a larger travesty in the grand scheme. We're all suckers and they don't give a damn about anything or anybody but the check book balances and themselves living the high life. What a damn shame this is...
Hmm, well according to ESPN which is the best source I have ATM:
"It's a shame it went down that way," said Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen, who didn't answer when asked whether he spoke with the officials.

Asked whether he had ever seen an ending like that, Andersen replied: "Nope, never seen one."

He said his team practices those types of situations and that the quarterbacks are taught to spike the ball.
Your own HC says his players are not taught to simply place the ball on the ground so there can be confusion with 10+ seconds left in a game, no they practice this often and are taught to spike the ball!

I've said clearly the refs should have got the ASU players off the ball and had it set sooner, but your QB didn't help you and for whatever reason those of you who want to be upset over this can't admit it.

Stop turning this into some mass conspiracy. None exists. The level of competent officiating has declined over the years and no one would argue against that. Every team has been screwed by what they consider really bad officiating. Seahawk fans will point to superbowl 40 where most of the country thought they got screwed by the refs. GB fans are still crying over the fail mary despite it not having any real impact on their season. There are fans up here not happy with calls in their game like the bogus targeting call against Bama. They exist.

In your case your QB failed to clearly take a knee and either hand the ball to the umpire or spike it to leave no room for error. Even your own HC says that man.

Better luck to you next time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, well according to ESPN which is the best source I have ATM:

Your own HC says his players are not taught to simply place the ball on the ground so there can be confusion with 10+ seconds left in a game, no they practice this often and are taught to spike the ball!

I've said clearly the refs should have got the ASU players off the ball and had it set sooner, but your QB didn't help you and for whatever reason those of you who want to be upset over this can't admit it.

Stop turning this into some mass conspiracy. None exists. The level of competent officiating has declined over the years and no one would argue against that. Every team has been screwed by what they consider really bad officiating. Seahawk fans will point to superbowl 40 where most of the country thought they got screwed by the refs. GB fans are still crying over the fail mary despite it not having any real impact on their season. There are fans up here not happy with calls in their game like the bogus targeting call against Bama. They exist.

In your case your QB failed to clearly take a knee and either hand the ball to the umpire or spike it to leave no room for error. Even your own HC says that man.

Better luck to you next time.

They were setting it up to spike the ball!! The qb took the snap, moved to the middle of the field, put his knee down, set the ball down and then started lining up the offense so that he could spike the ball on what would have been the next play!!

Had he spiked the ball when he moved to the middle of the field, the ball would have been placed back on the right hashmark because it would have been considered an incomplete pass!!

Wisky's issue was that they never got to run the next play to spike the ball and stop the clock and they are right!!

Additionally, the offense wasn't just standing there as some have contended, they were pointing to the time on the clock and trying to get the refs to do their job!!

Wisky was royally screwed, but there isn't anything that can or will be done about it, other than those refs will be reprimanded!!