• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Combine results

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney running a 4.47 today was fearkish. How can and man that big run that fast?

Clowney's time is ridiculous.

Guy runs like a WR at 6'5" and 265lb.

That's just insane.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to hear your explanation on what Snead's comments were. Like I said before, it will be interesting to see who he picks. :clap:

So you believe when he was asked about drafting a qb @#2 and he said "there aint no way" and "he's completely satisfied with Sam Bradford going forward". Do you think he was completely honest with this statement? hmm... :scratch:

Really, who knows. It could all be a smoke screen. Weirder things have happened in the nfl. I honestly think the Rams are tied to bradford because of his contract and there isn't a QB this year that looked better than what we already have. Of course as I said before there are always a couple of guys who come out of no where and become a great player aka Tom Brady, but we aren't going to take a flyer on a player in the 5th round and expect him to take over for Sam.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's just insane.

I agree it's a great time but it doesn't always translate to the NFL. See Aaron Curry.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's just insane.

I think LTR meant Freakish....not Fearkish. Either way I agree....

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have been making the argument that you can't have enough talented
DE's on drafting Clowney with the 2nd pick. Why can't you make the same argument
with WR's? Quick should develop into a good WR maybe not a great WR but he
should be good enough to help out this offense. I think Watkins is a guy that
you can have on the field every down.

Because common sense says we have 2 pro bowl caliber DE's now. Just because we have many young WR's, doesn't mean we have quality WR's.

Go back and read who wrote these comments about Sammy Watkins. It's scouts, GMs, lead analysts for ESPN. Sammy is #1 WR and we don't have that.

Keep hoping on Quick if you want, but hope is not going to get it done.

Watkins will be ready in year 1. Bank on that. He didn't have to have a great combine so I seriously doubt he pushed too hard.

Now the more I read these analysts say exactly what I have been saying about SW, it makes me just want to get Watkins more. I was starting to sway and lean towards Moncrief, but that's what happens after the combine!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's a great time but it doesn't always translate to the NFL. See Aaron Curry.

That's kinda what I was thinking, too. But, it can only do wonders for the value of our #2 overall pick. The combine just made it even more of a "win-win" situation for us!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the more I read these analysts say exactly what I have been saying about SW, it makes me just want to get Watkins more. I was starting to sway and lean towards Moncrief, but that's what happens after the combine!

That's the scary part about the combine. Eye-popping numbers can often turn "workout warriors", into high draft selections, into colossal busts in the blink of an eye.

Not necessarily saying that's the case with Watkins, though. He already had an impressive resume before last weekend. But, the combine can only tell us so much and can also mislead.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76, you are right about Janis and just about everyone else on your list. jacobarch, I am sure you have seen the thread that Detroit is making rumblings are willing to trade up to get Clowney after he set some sort of balzing 40-yard time.

According to the thread here on the SportsHoopla, they may be willing to cough up the number ten pick this year, first round, a second rounder this year, and a number one next year. Very interesting indeed.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only one hoping on Quick is Les Snead. He's the one pulling the trigger on draft day. In case you missed it, in your article he says the following.....go back and read your article.

the Rams don’t “need” a No. 1 type of receiver

I think the biggest thing we need from the wide receiver group is experience,

It seems like every time you get a pick, there may be a good wide receiver on the board.”

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76, you are right about Janis and just about everyone else on your list. jacobarch, I am sure you have seen the thread that Detroit is making rumblings are willing to trade up to get Clowney after he set some sort of balzing 40-yard time.

According to the thread here on the SportsHoopla, they may be willing to cough up the number ten pick this year, first round, a second rounder this year, and a number one next year. Very interesting indeed.

That's Not Enough......we want the FARM ! :nod:
If that's the case, we lose out on all top players, they better pay dearly AKA: RG3

boy could you imagine adding Clowney to that d-line?? Whoa

Last edited by a moderator:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda what I was thinking, too. But, it can only do wonders for the value of our #2 overall pick. The combine just made it even more of a "win-win" situation for us!

LOL......Its funny you guys bring up a defensive player to compare. But you got to admit there have been many many many offensive players that laid and egg as well.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No not always but it's still impressive to see a human that big run a time like that.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LTR meant Freakish....not Fearkish. Either way I agree....

Yes I meant freakish but I'm sure everybody understood what I meant. Damn I need to spell check, LOL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kony Ealy just ran a 3 cone that matches 3-4 OLB pass rushers except he has the bulk to play 4-3 DE or 4-3 DT. If the Rams dont draft Clowney at 2 and Ealy is there at 13, they'd be dumb not to at least consider him

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because common sense says we have 2 pro bowl caliber DE's now. Just because we have many young WR's, doesn't mean we have quality WR's.

Go back and read who wrote these comments about Sammy Watkins. It's scouts, GMs, lead analysts for ESPN. Sammy is #1 WR and we don't have that.

Watkins will be ready in year 1. Bank on that. He didn't have to have a great combine so I seriously doubt he pushed too hard.

I think you misread my post or misunderstood it. On another thread there were a couple members that were saying it would be a mistake to draft Watkins over clowney if we're in that position. Saying you can never have too many good DE's vs. WR's. I am with you on this. Saying we have plenty of good talent on the DLine and not enough at the WR position. :suds:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL......Its funny you guys bring up a defensive player to compare. But you got to admit there have been many many many offensive players that laid and egg as well.

Oh you don't have to remind me. Remember Donnie Avery? That was a Rams 1st round pick that was/is a complete bust. We picked him over Desean Jackson. What a huge mistake that was. However, Watkins play doesn't only show up at the combine but on the field too. Remember when we wanted Blackmon? Everyone kept saying he looked like a man playing with boys when he was on the field. And that translates to the NFL. Whether or not he's an idiot and gets suspended all the time is another story lol.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know how much of a freak A. Ogletree is and the impact he had on the D as he improved every game. This why I'm so high on adding K. Mack to our D.

OLB K. Mack 6'3" 251 lbs vs OLB A. Ogletree 6'2" 242 lbs

K.Mack 40 yd - 4.65 A.Tree 40 yd- 4.70
K.Mack 225lbs - Bench 23 A.Tree 225lbs - Bench 20
K.Mack Vert Jump 40" A.Tree Vert Jump 33.5"
K.Mack Broad Jump 128" A.Tree Broad Jump 122"
K.Mack 20yd shuffle 4.18 sec A.Tree 20yd shuffle 4.39 sec

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know how much of a freak A. Ogletree is and the impact he had on the D as he improved every game. This why I'm so high on adding K. Mack to our D.

OLB K. Mack 6'3" 251 lbs vs OLB A. Ogletree 6'2" 242 lbs

K.Mack 40 yd - 4.65 A.Tree 40 yd- 4.70
K.Mack 225lbs - Bench 23 A.Tree 225lbs - Bench 20
K.Mack Vert Jump 40" A.Tree Vert Jump 33.5"
K.Mack Broad Jump 128" A.Tree Broad Jump 122"
K.Mack 20yd shuffle 4.18 sec A.Tree 20yd shuffle 4.39 sec

He'll be gone before we pick. Plus we'll retain Dunbar so I doubt we draft another LB in the 1st round. We have waaay bigger needs than LB. Plus we have to start thinking of drafting a MLB to take over for JL55.