• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let me bring this up again...the Colts have how much cap space? They have $109 million right now. In the NFL there is a cap floor as well, so they have to start spending a little.

Could you imagine if that offense with Andrew Luck attains Le'Veon Bell (all around back) and then traded their 1st round pick (26th) for Antonio Brown to pair with Hilton on the outside?

Their current draft order looks like this:

-1-26
-2-34 (from Jets)
-2-59
-3-90
-4-123
-5-154
-6-187
-7-218

Compensation picks yet to be determined for them also.

They give up a lower 1st round pick, but they get the Jets second round pick so they have 3 picks inside the top 90 still. Plus, they would have Antonio Brown, and the Steelers would be taking the biggest salary cap hit because they front loaded Brown's contract with bonus.

I think the Colts should go all in with that kind of cap space and the season they are coming off of. Bell and Brown could make them an immediate favorite in the conference with New England and Kansas City.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell and Brown have already been together on a team that's been considered an AFC favorite, and they never beat the Patriots on that team.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team that decides its smart to sign up Bell and Brown at the same time, deserves what they get.... Those guys are more likely to get you fired than they are to get you a championship. I'd be particularly concerned with AB at this point.

I do think the Colts could make a lot of nice additions to their defense through free agency and they are going into an offseason with a healthy Andrew Luck. They are going to be one of the best teams in the AFC over the next several seasons.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team that decides its smart to sign up Bell and Brown at the same time, deserves what they get.... Those guys are more likely to get you fired than they are to get you a championship. I'd be particularly concerned with AB at this point.

I do think the Colts could make a lot of nice additions to their defense through free agency and they are going into an offseason with a healthy Andrew Luck. They are going to be one of the best teams in the AFC over the next several seasons.

Will Bell be an issue if he gets paid? Never has been an issue until he started getting franchised.

Brown has always been a diva, and while he is at that age 30, he only has 2 or 3 years left on his contract, and the Colts would not be taking on the cap hit of his guaranteed money, because the Steelers would be taking that hit when they trade him. So if they need to release him, it costs them nothing in the cap. He is a high reward, no risk type of acquisition. As long as Brown is featured and winning games with a good QB throwing him the ball, I am sure he would be fine.

If I was t he Colts, I would take a chance on those guys this offseason and go all in while your team is just entering their prime window, especially with $109 million in cap space.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Bell be an issue if he gets paid? Never has been an issue until he started getting franchised.

Brown has always been a diva, and while he is at that age 30, he only has 2 or 3 years left on his contract, and the Colts would not be taking on the cap hit of his guaranteed money, because the Steelers would be taking that hit when they trade him. So if they need to release him, it costs them nothing in the cap. He is a high reward, no risk type of acquisition. As long as Brown is featured and winning games with a good QB throwing him the ball, I am sure he would be fine.

If I was t he Colts, I would take a chance on those guys this offseason and go all in while your team is just entering their prime window, especially with $109 million in cap space.

I disagree..... You need to give up a major asset to acquire him. They might be better off using those assets to move up in the draft or to acquire young talent. It's not a huge risk, but at the same time if you stop drafting talent it will catch up to you quick.

And there is no reason why Brown would be featured.... Much like Pittsburgh, teams will roll coverage his way and let the other guy beat them. In this case, the other guy is TY Hilton - Already a favorite of Luck's. And as you mention, Diva Brown is in the final years of his deal. He's going to want to get paid one more time. First time Luck throws to a covered Hilton while ignoring an open Brown, the gatorade bottle is flying on the field.

I could definitely see the case for adding Bell to the mix. I think he has a unique set of talents and he MIGHT not be as crazy.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let me bring this up again...the Colts have how much cap space? They have $109 million right now. In the NFL there is a cap floor as well, so they have to start spending a little.

Could you imagine if that offense with Andrew Luck attains Le'Veon Bell (all around back) and then traded their 1st round pick (26th) for Antonio Brown to pair with Hilton on the outside?

Their current draft order looks like this:

-1-26
-2-34 (from Jets)
-2-59
-3-90
-4-123
-5-154
-6-187
-7-218

Compensation picks yet to be determined for them also.

They give up a lower 1st round pick, but they get the Jets second round pick so they have 3 picks inside the top 90 still. Plus, they would have Antonio Brown, and the Steelers would be taking the biggest salary cap hit because they front loaded Brown's contract with bonus.

I think the Colts should go all in with that kind of cap space and the season they are coming off of. Bell and Brown could make them an immediate favorite in the conference with New England and Kansas City.
They have the cap space to do it. Not sure their GM, Ballard, will though. He's done a great job in the draft, so he may value the picks too much. I do expect them to be active in free agency though.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Antonio Brown is just a money hungry ass. He signs a front loaded contract with the Steelers, as soon as the big money drops off the table, he crys and whines that he is under appreciated, and then wants traded, a new deal formed, and that also means new guaranteed money.

It is all about the Benjamins for that dude.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Brown is just a money hungry ass. He signs a front loaded contract with the Steelers, as soon as the big money drops off the table, he crys and whines that he is under appreciated, and then wants traded, a new deal formed, and that also means new guaranteed money.

It is all about the Benjamins for that dude.

You’re talking like a commie, bro.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re talking like a commie, bro.

He signed a front loaded contract to make it easier for Pittsburgh to afford him later on, and then once the big money drys out, he throws a fit and is working for a new big pay day that pays him all his money up front again. Play your contract out, it was massive when he got it.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Brown makes it clear he wants new team, guaranteed money

I think it's safe to assume that Antonio Brown is insane..... I mean, he's getting weirder by the day. Maybe one of those hits by Burfict or Iloka shook something loose. I'm not saying he was ever very bright, but this is some lunatic level ranting he's doing this offseason.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that this morning. He is out of his mind. Steelers paid him up front instead of backloading a contract so they could afford him as time went on. So once he runs out of guaranteed money and bonus, he throws a tantrum to try and refresh that money supply with 3 years left on his contract. Plus, his rantings are just outside the norm right now. You may be right, that 2015 playoff game and Burficts hit may have crossed some things up.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that this morning. He is out of his mind. Steelers paid him up front instead of backloading a contract so they could afford him as time went on. So once he runs out of guaranteed money and bonus, he throws a tantrum to try and refresh that money supply with 3 years left on his contract. Plus, his rantings are just outside the norm right now. You may be right, that 2015 playoff game and Burficts hit may have crossed some things up.

If you'll remember, this is the same shit Chad Johnson was doing in 2008. Same agent. Johnson was pouting the entire offseason about needing a new deal. I can't remember what changed, but he came back in 2009, had a decent year and then was gone by 2011.