• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts release Nate Davis

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's one for the "What the hell were they thinking" file.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad. Booming arm, but his dyslexia made it real difficult for him to pick up a playbook. Nonetheless, here's to Nate making it on someone's roster.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What??? Nate Davis was cut?

Future hall of famer Nate Davis?

Why would anyone do that??? He was a STEAL in the 5th round. I was really upset when the Niners cut him. :rolleyes2:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What??? Nate Davis was cut?

Future hall of famer Nate Davis?

Why would anyone do that??? He was a STEAL in the 5th round. I was really upset when the Niners cut him. :rolleyes2:

Who do you like worse, Nate Davis or Mr. Pickle as you refer to him as?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who do you like worse, Nate Davis or Mr. Pickle as you refer to him as?

Ouch! You know how stongly I feel about it. That's like deciding between goneria or warts...

Gotta go with the pickle by a significant margin on this one.

"Jimmy's under the boards. Jimmy's in the open. Jimmy makes the shot."

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when I was being ridiculed for saying this kid's ability to learn the complexities of the QB position would be his undoing..Think I gave him 3 years and he'd be out the league...May go to the other board and find that discussion

PaleRider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I say we hit the panic button and bring him back to start! Obviously the Colts don't know what a talented qb looks like.

I think he'd be a lot better off giving up on qb and opening up to a position switch if he wants to play in this league.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when I was being ridiculed for saying this kid's ability to learn the complexities of the QB position would be his undoing..Think I gave him 3 years and he'd be out the league...May go to the other board and find that discussion

If you were ridiculed for that, there is one thing to consider. You were probably trying to make a well thought out argument in a "sky is falling"/"anyone except Alex Smith" thread. From what I remember on ESPN, when most people said no thanks to Nate Davis, the clown car pulled up and the Alex lover was pinned on those posters.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I remember when I was being ridiculed for saying this kid's ability to learn the complexities of the QB position would be his undoing..Think I gave him 3 years and he'd be out the league...

I don't think it was the learning disability that undid him. I just think, as I thought from the moment he was drafted, the guy's a TERRIBLE QB. Not up to the talent level to lead an NFL offense.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We as individuals could speculate all day, but no one is going to convince me that an Individual with Dyslexia is going to be able to grasp the full intricacies of an NFL playbook, especially one used by a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady; or that his disability played no role in his failure with the Niners, Hawks and now Colts, because in all honesty, if you're a QB and cannot latch on to the Niners roster, something is terribly, terribly wrong. And I'm not making fun of the kid or anyone with the disease by any means, but somethings given certain problems or limitations are just impossible to overcome. One of the main plugs about dyslexia is comprehension and struggle with reading and writing..That works for college in a small division where 1 read and run with it, with raw athleticism will get you by

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I recall the discussion quite clearly.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were ridiculed for that, there is one thing to consider. You were probably trying to make a well thought out argument in a "sky is falling"/"anyone except Alex Smith" thread. From what I remember on ESPN, when most people said no thanks to Nate Davis, the clown car pulled up and the Alex lover was pinned on those posters.

that made me LOL

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was with you Dre. I was one of the people who was adamant about him not making it in the NFL. Those discussions were some of the most frustrating that season. The guy played as a safety on the scout team more than a QB, and people wanted him to start. In no way does this mean I was rooting for him to not make it in the NFL, I just didn't think he would.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now this was BSPN so they coulda been completely wrong, but on Mike and Mike this morning they said he was still on the roster. Is that correct?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Although still listed on the Colts ESPN depth chart, there are numerous reports indicating he was released after the first pre-season game.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although still listed on the Colts ESPN depth chart, there are numerous reports indicating he was released after the first pre-season game.

Internet depth charts are some of the most inaccurate "sources" out there. Never trust 'em. Not sayin you don't know this, MW. Just my $0.02.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Internet depth charts are some of the most inaccurate "sources" out there. Never trust 'em. Not sayin you don't know this, MW. Just my $0.02.

Haha, you are absolutely right...and ESPN's are probably the worst.