• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts fire the Polians

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have to work Peyton's contract to trade him. He's going to be very difficult to trade.

I believe he re-worked his contract when he found out he couldn't play this year in such a way that the Colts could release him in March and not owe him anything. If that happens he may be available to SF.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I believe he re-worked his contract when he found out he couldn't play this year in such a way that the Colts could release him in March and not owe him anything. If that happens he may be available to SF.

He didn't re-work anything. The bonus is due March 8th. Of course they can release him before that. I'm not saying they can't release him. I'm saying they can't TRADE him. The bonus is due before the new league year starts (March 13). They can't take a 28M cap hit for trading him.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So it turns out the new CBA may make it impossible for the Colts to push the date of the bonus back.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So it turns out the new CBA may make it impossible for the Colts to push the date of the bonus back.

Then short of a complete restructure, they'll either have to pay him or release him in about ~9 weeks

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Then short of a complete restructure, they'll either have to pay him or release him in about ~9 weeks

Sorry, I'll be less specific. The current CBA prevents any sort of restructuring of contracts between the final game of the season and the beginning of the league year.

Pushing the bonus back a week would technically qualify as a restructuring.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry, I'll be less specific. The current CBA prevents any sort of restructuring of contracts between the final game of the season and the beginning of the league year.

Pushing the bonus back a week would technically qualify as a restructuring.

Nice Info.

My brother is the Colts kid in this house. The thoughts from Colts fandom is Manning is just gonna get cut.

My thinking is that Irsay doesn't have the guts/heart to do the move. Before he could of pointed to the Polian regime doing it for football reasons.
It is obviously his move and he will split the dif and keep both for a year or 2. Not the best for either QB but that is my guess.

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel Caldwell is deserving of a fire anyways...

I think if Caldwell stays, that means Manning will be back. If Caldwell goes, it could go either way. I just don't see Caldwell being there with the new GM and rookie QB but no Manning.