• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts FA

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Mathis might be my favourite FA prospect. No interest in the fossill nor the soon-to-be fossill.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not giving up on the Mathis idea ain't ya Sick?

I don't see why I would. He's a guy capable of getting 10+ sacks in a season who's only gonna be 31 who probably won't get obscene money. I'm not sure if he could make the transition to a 3-4, but he's one of the quickest and smallest DEs in the NFL. And he's a better pass rusher than Ahmad Brooks whom I'd like to keep too.

I like Cliff Avril too, but he might get an enormous contract.

Either way OLB is a need IMO. Whether Aldon becomes a full time starter or not it's a need. The Niners either need (1) a starting OLB who makes Brooks split time with Aldon or (2) a guy who's gonna split time with Aldon or (3) a guy who's gonna start opposite Aldon & make Brooks rotate in or (4) replace Brooks if he leaves for FA. It's not as big of a need as DL though. Probably DE moreso than NT because RJF is pretty good depth at DE. And McDonald or Justin can move inside on long range downs.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. That's small even for a 3-4 OLB. I think he could do it, but you never know.

I just think it's too late in his career to be switched. Brooks has done a solid job and he's a lot cheaper. If we ran a 4-3 i would be all about it, but i would rather spend that kind of money on a WR like Bowe, Wallace, or DeSean Jackson if i had my choice between the two.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Vikes could use all 3 despite their age..
Wayne for his route running.
Saturday for his experience.
Mathis because they need someone opposite of Allen.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even with a healthy Peyton, I do not think the Colts have a team that can compete in the AFC with the upper teams.

Peyton is due a $28M bonus BEFORE free agency starts, so Colts would have to fork that out before trading him, then absorb a huge cap hit when they trade him.

So I think Peyton will be cut, and the Colts should purge their team and get Luck and go into a rebuild mode.

The Suck4Luck isn't working out for the Colts lately though because they are winning.