• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colt McCoy acquired

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this on Yahoo Monday and thought it was an April Fools joke. I saw it again Tuesday and it had me wondering. I still don't get it .. we could have got him really cheap without wasting any draft picks. I have more faith in Tolzien.

Reason being McCoy is very comfortable with the spread and can run the read option, Scotty as I know more then any one else on this board he is not that type of guy. More of a 2-3 step and get rid of it. He is a very good decesion maker but McCoy athletic ability is what you want out of your backup, not to mention he has started 20+ games and he is only 26

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the fence on this, but at least he's got game experience (21 starts). Tolzien's got none and anyone we might draft would have none.

solid move and didn't cost much.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think people are more disappointed that he's taking a roster spot and a lot of us have our own sleeper QBs we would have rather seen selected.

McCoy is not guaranteed a roster spot by any means. Like the coaches and FO keep saying, every spot is a competition and I fully expect us to bring in a rookie QB to compete with McCoy and Tolzien. It cost us essentially a 7th round pick, which we have a ton of...if there are a couple guys we absolutely have to get and can't risk missing out on them as undrafted FA, then we will use one of our other 7th rounders. That being said, I'm not exactly fond of McCoy (he throws off his back foot far too often and isn't that accurate) but the move is a no-brainer in terms of what we gave up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
McCoy is not guaranteed a roster spot by any means. Like the coaches and FO keep saying, every spot is a competition and I fully expect us to bring in a rookie QB to compete with McCoy and Tolzien. It cost us essentially a 7th round pick, which we have a ton of...if there are a couple guys we absolutely have to get and can't risk missing out on them as undrafted FA, then we will use one of our other 7th rounders. That being said, I'm not exactly fond of McCoy (he throws off his back foot far too often and isn't that accurate) but the move is a no-brainer in terms of what we gave up.

agree, no guarantees for McCoy. similar for Asomugha and others.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First he lost to Michael Vick in a foot race, and now this. Rough offseason for LeSean...