• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colorado Rockies Ongoing Thread

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad to pick up a win with no Tulo and no Rosario. And Chatwood in his first start back in AAA, throws a complete game shutout. Maybe he will be a part of the Rockies' future.

dgonaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulo of course had to sit with soreness today but for all the complaining about crazy lineups I think my only real concern would be not sitting Tulo on days that De La Rosa is pitching since we know we are already going to be sitting Rosario those days as well. Those are our two biggest power threats. Cuddyer, Cargo, Rutledge, Arenado all are power threats as well but not on the same level as Tulo and Rosario. Only non power threats are Young, Pacheco and probably Helton at this point out of regular/semi regular people and they all can at least hit for a good average. We know we don't have a lot of power or high average people on the bench with Herrera, Torrealba, and Brignac who all are on the team for their gloves not their bats so need to keep as much power in the lineup as we can.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New to SportsHoopla

Long time CBS poster and Rockies season ticket holder. Hope to stop in here occasionally in the future. Sure was disappointed in the call at first base last night in the game against the Yanks. With Rivera waiting in the pen, that safe call in the ninth was death. Looking for the series clincher today but Francis is on the mound- Yikes!

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a bang-bang call at 1st. He was out, but we have the luxury of replay. Rivera is a great reliever,but it's also obvious the strike zone expands when he comes in. Every batter in the 9th paid for that. BTW we are all ex- CBS. Had a great thing going over there for many years. Hopefully we can continue that here.

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From now until the month of May ends with away and home series with the Astros the Rockies play 16 games and 13 are going to be tough games...3 with the hot Cardinals, 3 with Arizona who have started their own winning streak and 7 (yikes) with the Giants who have also been playing winning baseball of late. Fortunately, 7 of 13 games are at home. Nevertheless, the next 2 1/2 weeks is going to be a huge test for Weiss and Company and could provide a pretty good read on what to expect in 2013. One thing I do feel positive about is that the Rockies are in most games. They have lost 6 games by a single run and 3 more by just 2 runs. Even if not victorious they are being competitive and 2013 has been a whole lot more fun than 2012 and I know it will continue to be.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of hope you guys start losing so that you can trade us Carlos Gonzalez (sorry). As long as you guys are playing well that doesn't seem likely. Hypothetically, if he got traded, do you think his numbers would translate well outside of Coors?

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's under contract through 2017, and it's not a monster contract, so I can't imagine the Rockies parting ways with him for at least 3 or 4 years. As for his numbers, I think they'd probably look MVP worthy most years in Colorado and would take a dip outside of Coors, but I would think he would still be a contender to make the AS team.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early to be picking at the bones of the Rockies. Can't see the Rocks giving up Cargo and his contract, but if they did I would expect that he would continue to be top 10-20 OF even without Coors Field- similar to Matt Holiday when he left. A little decline but still plenty good.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is up with the Rockies hitting? I thought it was our pitching that we needed to be concerned about. GEEZ!

dgonaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was wondering what is going on with the hitting. Our team ERA actually keeps dropping so our pitching is definitely doing its part. None of the losses in the last few days have really been by scores that our offense shouldn't have been able to easily overcome if they were doing anything at all.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making the Cardinals pitching look like all world. 3 hits in last 2 games and not many more than that over last 5. Depressing!!!!

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Jeff Francis is finally having a decent outing. I was looking forward to a Chatwood or Pomeranz call up. (Didn't think I'd be saying that, after last year. About Chatwood, at least)

Good that the hitting showed up tonight too.

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is more like it. 9 Runs, 17 Hits with 9 for extra bases and decent pitching. To boot the Giants get bonked in Toronto so a game in the Standings is made up. I can't believe CarGo's 5 Hit game was the first for the Rockies in three years and that the last guy to do it was Miguel Olivo.
Roy Oswalt seems to be progressing...he could be in Tulsa by the end of the week.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzalez is certainly a gem for the Rockies and I believe they'd have to be absolutely overwhelmed to ever consider trading him. He's the guy in the Lineup I, as a pitcher, would fear the most on just about any given day.

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that was a disappointing loss. Chacin helps blow a 6 run lead. The offense gets 1 hit among the last 21 outs. And now they're just as close to last place as they are to first place. I hate complaining about CarGo after him having the 5 hit game a few days ago, but it's a bit of a let down for him to go hitless in the two games since...

But Francis is on the DL, and it looks like Chatwood is coming to the rescue...

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with CarGo you just have to expect hot and cold streaks. That's him M.O. and you just ride high when he's connecting and chill when he's not knowing there's another hot streak coming.

dgonaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that was a disappointing loss. Chacin helps blow a 6 run lead. The offense gets 1 hit among the last 21 outs. And now they're just as close to last place as they are to first place. I hate complaining about CarGo after him having the 5 hit game a few days ago, but it's a bit of a let down for him to go hitless in the two games since...

But Francis is on the DL, and it looks like Chatwood is coming to the rescue...

With the way Nicasio has been going it is likely Chattwood and Pomeranz both on their way to the rescue soon. I still see Nicasio as more of a long relief type than starter long term and if Pomeranz and Chattwood come up I could see Nicasio getting shifted over that roll after a short minor league stint for adjustment. Would rather see him in long relief than some of our other long relief options.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should be interesting to see who wins the battle today.

Last edited by a moderator:

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulo won the battle and the Rockies won the war in this series