• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colorado Rockies Ongoing Thread

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job by the Rockies in this Series. The key has been pitching. As long as it holds up, the Rockies will be in the thick of things.

C U Buff Fan1

Total Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we had another give away game last night. I think Walt Weiss made the right call in leaving Chacin in there even though the result wasn't the best but pitchers have to learn to get the tough outs and I hope it will help Chacin later this year. But for 6 innings Chacin was "The Machine" once again.

If the Rox can't keep themselves in the playoff race all summer I think we are in a great position to trade Bettencourt for some good prospects. Rex Brothers looks like he might be ready to assume the closers role, although you never know how successful a guy will be until he does it.

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an argument both for and against Brothers moving into the Closer's role beside the fact he's pitching very effectively. The argument for is that Betancourt's contract is up this year and he'll be pitching next year at age 39. Brothers is not arbitration ready until 2015 so he's cheap and when it comes to pitchers that's music to the ears of the Monforts boys.
The argument against is a big one...Brothers is a lefthander and in the history of the game there have been few lefties succeed as Closers and none in the HOF. I'm not saying you need a HOFer to fill the Closer role but closing and being a lefty is a tough combination.
I also think the Rockies acquired Lopez with the idea of eventually replacing Betancourt.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful day in Denver and headed to the day game with 30 of my colleagues-Company outing. Look forward to seeing De La Rosa. It will be interesting to see who comes in if we have a save situation. I think they should use Brothers. Lefty closers are not without history. I can think of A Chapman, Billy Wagner and even the old Rockies closer, Fuentes.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back from the ball park. Sunny day...check. Rockies win...check. De La Rosa good start...check. Brothers save...check. Nice!!!

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the ball park as well today. What a fantastic day.

Stopped by a couple breweries before I headed home.

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time last year the Rockies were already 14 games out. At this point they are tied for 1st and playing much better baseball 17-10 against other teams in the NL West which is also a huge improvement. Lets Go Rockies! Keep up the good work.

dgonaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss in the 10th today. In the park homerun is a horrible way to end the game. But honestly the Giants did earn that win with the obvious blown calls by the umpires. Want to give Outman a kick in the pants though.

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler sacrificing in the 9th was B.S.. I know it's a standard managerial call but it was a B.S. call with LeMahieu coming up next...0-4 on the night with a K and not a single ball out of the infield. Weiss blew this one. Just my opinion.

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Colvin or McBride to come up and send Blackmon down. Garland's time is running out also and if they are going to keep Francis then Chatwood needs to take Garlands spot.

dgonaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect both Francis and Garland to be gone from the rotation by all-star break. Chattwood of course joining the rotation and most likely Oswalt right before the break. Guessing Pomeranz will be in the rotation as well by late season.

Wondering if they are planning on converting Friedrich into a long reliever. Our bullpen would look much better if we could just do something with the pair of O's in long relief. The guys you expect to see in the 7th, 8th, and 9th look good most of the time but the guys we have to bring in earlier for long relief not so much. Could see Friedrich and Nicasio holding that down much better with Chacin, De La Rosa, Chatwood, Pomeranz, and Oswalt holding down the rotation spots.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just great. We lose 2 in a row at home to the astros and lose in heart breaking fashion to the dodgers. none of the players are trying right now. the Rockies won't win another home game this sesason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll we actually won a close game for once. I still think Chacin needs to be sent down and Garland DFA'd. Oswalt and Pomeranz can't be up in Denver soon enough. I wonder if there other pitchers down in the minors other than the two pitchers I mentioned that could help the Rockies at the present or the near future.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EY Jr just got DFA'd. He's been hitting like a pitcher lately, his fielding is questionable, and the fact he bunts (or is asked to) every time someone is on base really annoys me. But I liked his speed and his attitude. I wish he would have hit better so that he could have stuck around more. I also wish I didn't feel so loyal to just about everyone who puts on a Rockies uniform, including Johnny Herrera.

But I am ready for them to part ways with Jeff Francis. I'm tired of holding my breath each time he releases a pitch

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a day. Tulo, Cargo, and Fowler all go down with injuries. If only they could have waited a day to DFA EY Jr.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal.