• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Collingsworth should be fired

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have never thought he was this bad of an announcer ! Not one of those 2 calls we’re even questionable! That was a great game tainted by a jerk of an announcer, I am not a fan of either team, it was a great game, he made me sick listening to him talk about it over and over
He was kind of stupid to me - He kept talking about how the Eagles were struggling and having such a hard time when in fact they were kind of in control of their own destiny the entire game. Going down the stretch when they were down my one point, you just knew they were going make another td. The only thing I questioned was the four down where they didn't advance the ball - then I realized that they threw it sideways only to have the completes to reset the 1st down and keep possession. This team did not collapse like last year's team. Didn't hurt the Eagles for Brady to have lost a step in his game either though

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, with 4:50 on the game clock left, he said that "they" need to watch the time. I am pretty sure he was talking about Philly, and I was thinking that Philly wanted nothing more than a slow drive where they score with as little time left as possible.

It was really hard to tell who or what he was talking about at times.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have never thought he was this bad of an announcer ! Not one of those 2 calls we’re even questionable! That was a great game tainted by a jerk of an announcer, I am not a fan of either team, it was a great game, he made me sick listening to him talk about it over and over

There have been so many blown calls on what most people thought were touchdowns, you just never know if they would overturned or not.

He does suck though

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriot fans are even embarrassed that he was such an idiotic one-sided homer who ruined the game almost.
They dont need him to be a cheerleader. They know how to win without Cris Collinsworth giving pep talks.

Even the little plays:

There was one play where James Harrison completely whiffed and fell to the ground not even part of the play.
Collinsworth was praising his level of physical fitness and tackling technique while not making any tackle at all.

Another play had Blount run for a short 2 yard gain, Collinsworth is gushing over and over about how no one has ever really pushed him backwards but the Patriots defense....I was like how the fuck is +2 yards going backwards?

I though it was Skip Bayless in disguise or something doing his best to troll the Eagles.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriot fans are even embarrassed that he was such an idiotic one-sided homer who ruined the game almost.
They dont need him to be a cheerleader. They know how to win without Cris Collinsworth giving pep talks.

Even the little plays:

There was one play where James Harrison completely whiffed and fell to the ground not even part of the play.
Collinsworth was praising his level of physical fitness and tackling technique while not making any tackle at all.

Another play had Blount run for a short 2 yard gain, Collinsworth is gushing over and over about how no one has ever really pushed him backwards but the Patriots defense....I was like how the fuck is +2 yards going backwards?

I though it was Skip Bayless in disguise or something doing his best to troll the Eagles.

Yeah, Blount wasn't being pushed backwards at all on that play. Ridiculous call by Collinsworth.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was stupid on the Ertz call. He's got a point on the Clement TD though but that's the NFL's fault for constantly screwing its rules with what a catch is. The way its been called this year, Clement's TD is overturned the majority of the time. They've had calls that were more clear cut than that that got overturned. I doubt it changes much since neither team could stop the other, but he wasn't clearly wrong on that one.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collinsworth was brutal tonight. Stirring up controversy when there wasn't any both those TD's were completely legit. I'm still looking for that bobble on the first one and it's my understanding that for the second one that if you catch the ball on 2 feet as a receiver you're good, it's only when you're going to the ground as you make the catch that you have to "complete the process."

Nevermind the fact that he was constantly slobbering over NE every chance he got and legitimately sounded disappointed that Philly won. Just awful.

Congrats to Philly!

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard michaels say "and the pats take the lead" on the Gronk TD. No they didn't. That tied it. The extra point gave them the lead.
That annoyed the shit out of me. Both teams had missed extra points, which made it even more obnoxious.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was wrong about the Ertz TD, but possibly correct about the Clement one.

However, people bitching about this are hypocritical assholes. Because I'm sure they weren't when everyone was crying about the 50/50 borderline PI call before half in the Jacksonville game.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That annoyed the shit out of me. Both teams had missed extra points, which made it even more obnoxious.

I remember him putting in the caveat that they had to kick the extra point. It was late, but he did throw it in there.

I didn't record the game this year, so I can't go back and look at it, yet.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second one was 100% the right call.

The first one, IMO was the right call but at least there's an argument it wasn't.

I thought the first one had a chance to go against us. The 2nd one if it was overturned would have caused the Eagles to win 38-33 :)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's reverted back to his old self. A nutswinging dumbass.

I was uno momento from switching that shit over to the Spanish broadcast.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's reverted back to his old self. A nutswinging dumbass.

I was uno momento from switching that shit over to the Spanish broadcast.

I did that with the MNF game the woman announced.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally dont get annoyed by broadcasters but Collingsworth was the worst part of the game. It didnt matter that he got the calls wrong but he kept harping on it after reply review confirmed the calls. Shut up already

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strange. He has a law degree. He should be able to provide better analysis. I read that he never actually practiced law, though.
He prolly just donated money to Cincinatti and they gave him a piece of paper.

I have a couple moron friends who are lawyers. Shit, I have a friend who is a surgeon, who ate rock salt on New Years because I dared him. Degrees don't prevent stupid shit.