• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football: Things YOU Would Change

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya. Great idea. lose to an FCS school. Lose 3 conference games, but since you play on the shitty division in your conference, a team pulls an upset over the other division and pow!

We have a 4 loss (one to fcs team) in the playoffs.

Don't we want the playoffs to feature the best teams?

1st and foremost, this scenario will rarely, ever happen. 2nd, if you can't beat that shitty team in your CCG, then tough shit, you're eliminated from NC contention. YOU DON'T GET FUCKING REWARDED FOR LOSING!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we did conference champs only, the OOC games become NFL preseason games...

Meaningless.

Play the 3rd string. Whats it matter?

Save your best for conference play since that is ALL that matters.

LOL @ OC logic....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. You had your shot and couldn't pull it off, at home mind you, which should have really disqualified Bama from the NC picture; if it was in Baton Rouge, I probably would have understood, but you choked at home. Too fucking bad, you lost and didn't win your conference. Again, if I had a dime for every time that happened back in the day, I would be a wealthy man. So many great teams got the shit end of the stick b/c THEY LOST AND DIDN'T WIN THEIR CONFERENCE.

It did matter, Alabama went.

Cry more.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya. Great idea. lose to an FCS school. Lose 3 conference games, but since you play on the shitty division in your conference, a team pulls an upset over the other division and pow!

We have a 4 loss (one to fcs team) in the playoffs.

Don't we want the playoffs to feature the best teams?

NY Giants were 9-7 going into the playoffs when they won their last Super Bowl. Nobody complained about that. If it works for the NFL, it can work in CFB....

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So regular season means nothing. A team could lose to say, Eastern Washington at home and finish "hot" right?:lol:

Fine, My club deserves the punch in the riblets when down. But I still believe a 2-3 loss club in the "sweet 16" could manhandle a Bama, Oregon or god forbid an undefeated like ND.

I get it, 4 now...8 tommorrow and then the best of the rest a "sweet16" 6 years from now...

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st and foremost, this scenario will rarely, ever happen. 2nd, if you can't beat that shitty team in your CCG, then tough shit, you're eliminated from NC contention. YOU DON'T GET FUCKING REWARDED FOR LOSING!

Sure you would. You could drop all 3 ooc games and be just fine.

Why risk your studs getting injured.

You guise seriously are not thinking clearly.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY Giants were 9-7 going into the playoffs when they won their last Super Bowl. Nobody complained about that. If it works for the NFL, it can work in CFB....

Comparing the NFL to college football disqualifies any argument you are making.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, have a 12 team tournament. Top 4 seeds get 1st round bye.

That is 10 conference champions and 2 at large.

Have 6 major conferences (AAC or MWC, ACC, B1G, Big 12, Pac 12, SEC). The conference champions of the major conferences are seeded in the top 6 - top 4 having 1st round bye.

The other 4 conference champions and 2 at-large get seeded in the bottom 6 seeds.

Committee determines all seeds.

Home field for higher seed until NCG.

That way, the big name at-large teams will most likely run into their own conference champion in the quarterfinals or semifinals. The BSU's and TCU's during BCS Era have their chance. Winning a major conference has it's value over mid-majors and getting 2nd in a conference.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you would. You could drop all 3 ooc games and be just fine.

Why risk your studs getting injured.

You guise seriously are not thinking clearly.

That guy is just upset that Alabama went to the NCG in 2011. That is all he see's and that is all he cares about.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this isn't the NFL.

In case you haven't noticed its cfb.

But hey, if you cant understand that the NY GIants play there exhibition games in the PRESEASON that is on you.

Also, since you don't seem to understand, CFB's ooc would be equivalent to NFL exhibition.

That what you want there guy?

No more big time OOC games?

Cuz you would have none. And if some were scheduled you would see the 3rd stringers in....

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, have a 12 team tournament. Top 4 seeds get 1st round bye.

That is 10 conference champions and 2 at large.

Have 6 major conferences (AAC or MWC, ACC, B1G, Big 12, Pac 12, SEC). The conference champions of the major conferences are seeded in the top 6 - top 4 having 1st round bye.

The other 4 conference champions and 2 at-large get seeded in the bottom 6 seeds.

Committee determines all seeds.

Home field for higher seed until NCG.

That way, the big name at-large teams will most likely run into their own conference champion in the quarterfinals or semifinals. The BSU's and TCU's during BCS Era have their chance. Winning a major conference has it's value over mid-majors and getting 2nd in a conference.

how bout the best 4 teams :noidea:

And fuck having 10 conf champs. This isn't NCAA Hoops.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isn't the NFL.

In case you haven't noticed its cfb.

But hey, if you cant understand that the NY GIants play there exhibition games in the PRESEASON that is on you.

Also, since you don't seem to understand, CFB's ooc would be equivalent to NFL exhibition.

That what you want there guy?

No more big time OOC games?

Cuz you would have none. And if some were scheduled you would see the 3rd stringers in....

So according to you, conference titles would now be meaningless?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how bout the best 4 teams :noidea:

And fuck having 10 conf champs. This isn't NCAA Hoops.

Am I still a ****?

Final 4 is perfect. When has a 5th place team shown the mettle to deserve a chance at a Natty?

My sorry assed "****" ass votes for Clemson #1. ****.